Nature: Modest
IV spread: 31/Even/31/30/31/31 and 31/Odd/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Grass and Electric
Egg Moves:
-Body Slam
-Ancientpower
-Heat Wave
-Stockpile

With no objections, I'm going to start doing this. I wanted to preserve Special Attack and Speed (for Gastrodon) as perfect, so I went with this spread.

Progress

Finished! Both HP Grass and Electric sets!

Last edited by Bunselpower on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:55 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
ugotmybeef
Breeder
ugotmybeef

[Finished] Numel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Numel   [Finished] Numel EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 2:15 pm

a trick room HP Ice could work.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Numel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Numel   [Finished] Numel EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 2:26 pm

True, does Ice offer any notable KO's and coverage over Fire, Ground, and Rock? I'm not trying to argue, I'm just trying to figure out the best set for this thing.

I just calced it, and HP Ice, Modest, from a Camerupt doesn't kill Garchomp...it only kills Gliscor a third of the time, and never kills Gligar. Unless we're talking Specs, and that kind of works against Trick Room.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Numel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Numel   [Finished] Numel EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 2:45 pm

I believe HP Grass is probably the best. Grass hits Seismitoad, Quagsire and other Ground/Water types that in the lower tiers for x4 damage. And when we're talking about Camerupt the lower tiers is where we want to stay, I doubt it would want to be taking on the likes of Gliscor and Garchomp. Like you say, the HP is going to be very situational, its only use is on a special set where its slot could be taken by Ancient Power anyways (which offers better overall coverage alongside its STAB moves). But if you wanted a 4th move for a specs set, HP Grass would be the best by the looks of things.

I know Camerupt also ran a specially defensive tank set in the past, but without Stealth Rock that seems much less viable. As for the last egg move, I saw a cute doubles Stockpile Numel recently in a showdown replay, but I don't have the link to hand. >_> Still, I'd suggest Stockpile or Yawn.

A Trick Room spread might be a good idea too given its horrendous base speed.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Numel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Numel   [Finished] Numel EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 3:07 pm

Yawn is a level up move, so that's out. And HP Grass seems pretty good.

Looking at it, I like the Modest spread with perfect Speed better, because it outspeeds Gastrodon and Quagsire.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Numel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Numel   [Finished] Numel EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 8:42 pm

So I tracked down the Hidden Power spread I posted, looking at a trusted resource. Nope, it's Ghost. Updated the new post with the updated spread, and realized that the real spread is only one away from Electric, so I'll see if I can't get one of those too.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Numel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Numel   [Finished] Numel EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 12:07 am

Alrighty, update, I hatched a perfect HP Electric (LOL). I'm using that to get to the HP Grass, so once I'm done, we'll have the HP Electric after all. I'll relearn all of the egg moves and we'll just be dealing with a daycare leveled untouched HP Electric Numel to go along with the HP Grass I'm about to hatch.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Numel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Numel   [Finished] Numel EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 9:25 am

Finally hatched an hp grass...and it's oblivious...I'm going to go for another...
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Numel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Numel   [Finished] Numel EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 9:27 am

Don't give up XD
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Numel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Numel   [Finished] Numel EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 9:39 am

Ugh. If it happens again I'm going to go to a dark alley, find a dealer, and get him to share his power saves with me.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Numel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Numel   [Finished] Numel EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 9:42 am

Can't you just use an ability capsule? I have spares if you don't.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Numel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Numel   [Finished] Numel EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 9:46 am

I don't have enough battle points. It's fine, I don't want to waste your ability capsules.

Unless they're cloned, in which case, bring of the drugs.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Numel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Numel   [Finished] Numel EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 9:51 am

For all I know they are cloned, I got most of them via trading Razz I don't mind, should save you some trouble.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Numel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Numel   [Finished] Numel EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 9:58 am

That is a huge help. Thank you so much. I'm technically at work now, so I can't trade until 6 pm or after. Thanks again.

General update, looks like I'm done then besides the ability changing! And in between, I hatched another perfect hp electric, so looks like we'll have an hp grass and an hp electric! Cannot wait to use them, Camerupt is so cool. Thanks to Magikarpus for the hp grass.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Numel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Numel   [Finished] Numel EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 10:09 am

G'job mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Numel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Numel   [Finished] Numel Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Numel
Page 1 of 1