ed819
IllusionGamer90
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Darksamus
Breeder

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptySun May 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Dancing Lizard
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Jolly
Item: Lum berry
IV spread: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Hidden Power: Not relevant
Egg Moves:
-Drain punch
-Dragon dance
-Ice punch
-Fake out

Set 2 : Tank
Ability: shed skin
Nature: Adamant
Item: Assault vest
IV spread: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Hidden Power: Not relevant
Egg Moves:
-Drain punch
-Zen headbutt
-Ice punch
-Fake out
Progress

Done.

Last edited by Darksamus on Thu May 08, 2014 6:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
IllusionGamer90
Breeder

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptySun May 04, 2014 8:34 pm

Maybe if they use it for Double Battles, you can have Quick Guard as a filler Egg Move.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptySun May 04, 2014 8:40 pm

I would say either Fake Out, Fire Punch or Zen Headbutt as a filler egg move.

And personally I prefer Moxie, with a Lum Berry or Leftovers
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptySun May 04, 2014 9:26 pm

I like fake out to fill it. And honestly, any of its 3 abilities are very good. I like moxie to sweep quickly, shed skin to keep sweeping longer, and intimate to get more chances to sweep. Scrafty is blessed with perhaps the best ability spread in the game.

And imo, adamant assault vest with shed skin definitely deserves something.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:40 pm

I also prefer moxie for scraggy. But I guess I can just use an ability capsule to change it. Shed skin seems useful too
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:48 pm

I think Scrafty is one poke that would deserve 2 sets. Cause I can totally understand the use of Shed Skin, but I really want a Moxie Scrafty with DD, Drain Punch, Crunch and Ice Punch, and a Lum Berry to prevent it from becoming useless after a burn or paralysis.

But still, for the Shed Skin set, I definitely wouldn't use a Life Orb. Scrafty has the potential to live long enough to kill a whole bunch of ennemies if you give it a chance instead of killing it youself with a Life Orb. Assault Vest with Fake Out, Drain Punch, Ice Punch and Crunch does sound appealing (maybe have Zen Headbutt or Fire Punch as a last egg move even if everybody is going to replace it with crunch. At least it leaves the option to use it over Ice Punch or Fake Out). Or it could be a Dragon Dance set with Leftovers, or even Shell Bell.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:06 pm

I like a jolly set with moxie and dd, and an adamant shed skin set that can be used for non dd sets. Same egg moves.

The assault vest set is very bulky. 130 defenses are nothing to shake a stick at. And if you really want some extra pop, you can replace fake out with power up punch. Max attacking stat and hp is the way to go on assault vest sets.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:24 pm

I definitely agree with the 2 sets. One for Moxie and one for Shed Skin. Honestly, I think you could even make a viable intimidate set. A lot of paths you could take here. Like fake out as the last egg move regardless, as it has its use.
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptyMon May 05, 2014 6:31 am

Assault vest set is always the way to go with Scrafty! It's soo much fun to watch your opponent try to break his awesome defences while you sit and drain punch/Ice punch/Poison Jab/Fake out your way to vitctory. Definitely needs the Jolly nature though, and Moxies helps massively.
Back to top Go down
Darksamus
Breeder

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:00 am

Thanks for the suggestions! an intimidate assault vest scrafty with drain punch sounds good. I'm busy right now, so I'll update the first post in a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptyMon May 05, 2014 8:44 am

Don't use intimidate on assault vest Scrafty. Shed skin provides him something that no other AV user has, essential immunity to status. Since you are gonna be in there taking hits and ESPECIALLY if you decide to run power up punch, you are going to appreciate a constant lum berry chance much more than a one time stat reduction, because you can't hold another item. Intimidate is more useful on the bulk up set, which isn't as good anymore imo.
Back to top Go down
Darksamus
Breeder

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptyTue May 06, 2014 5:56 am

Updated the first post. Now looking for suggestions for the intimidate set.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:26 am

I've never really used Scrafty, but I will say that if you're doing a 3rd set (and honestly, it looks viable if people aren't opposed to the idea) you may as well include Zen Headbutt since it isn't on any of the other sets. The sets you have so far look good anyways.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptyTue May 06, 2014 9:40 am

I wouldn't make 3 sets... Intimidate may be viable but it's still not as good as the 2 others. Not worth all the extra trades for the cloners anyway. And Scraggy isn't used that much competitively. I'd put 3 sets on Larvitar before Scraggy (and I'm not putting 3 sets on Larvitar).

I really like the 2 sets you have now, I think they're enough!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptyTue May 06, 2014 9:52 am

Agree with Mademoiselle.
Back to top Go down
Darksamus
Breeder

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptyTue May 06, 2014 7:39 pm

well, since noone else has posted, I'll start with this.
Back to top Go down
Darksamus
Breeder

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptyThu May 08, 2014 6:21 pm

Both scraggys are done!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptyThu May 08, 2014 6:55 pm

Very cool. Nice work.
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:47 pm

Do you have the pokemon bred and finished up? To speed up the distribution process, we will be collecting the completed pokemon as they get finished, so let's coordinate the transfer of this pokemon over to me (or any cloner) at your nearest convenience. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy EmptySun May 11, 2014 10:20 am

I am now in possession of both sets of scraggy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Scraggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Scraggy   [Finished] Scraggy Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Scraggy
Page 1 of 1