rafa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:47 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Mega + Agility
Ability: Static
Nature: Modest
Item: Ampharosite
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant (?)
Egg Moves:
- Agility
- Electric Terrain
- Eerie Impulse
- Iron Tail

Set 2 : Mega + Trick Room
Ability: Static
Nature: Quiet
Item: Ampharosite
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/0
Hidden Power: Not Relevant (?)
Egg Moves:
- Charge
- Electric Terrain
- Eerie Impulse
- Iron Tail

With MegaAmpharos possibly acting as a magnet for fairies, that Iron Tail might come in handy if we have max attack IV. It is risky, but I'd bet on it, since the other EMs aren't that useful.

Last edited by rafa on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:25 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 11:09 pm

I was going to say something about the trick room set having Agility as an egg move... and then I saw its egg moves lol
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 11:19 pm

cmzoid wrote:
I was going to say something about the trick room set having Agility as an egg move... and then I saw its egg moves lol

yeah lol amazing EMs --'
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:22 am

Body Slam over Agility on the second set if it goes through. No reason to have Agility on a Quiet set.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:24 am

I think it learns Body Slam through level-up
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:25 am

Ignore that, it learns take down through level-up. Let me edit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:26 am

Body Slam on a TR set is dangerous. You have a 30% chance to paralyze your opponent and make it outspeed you...

Maybe Charge, but then again, it's useless to make an extra effort to get a move that's going to be replaced anyway, so I'd just keep Agility to make it easier
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:29 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Body Slam on a TR set is dangerous. You have a 30% chance to paralyze your opponent and make it outspeed you...

Maybe Charge, but then again, it's useless to make an extra effort to get a move that's going to be replaced anyway, so I'd just keep Agility to make it easier

That's true... let me re-edit then lol
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:32 am

rafa wrote:
Mademoiselle C wrote:

That's true... let me re-edit then lol

Actually due to the SpD boost if it doesnt get it by Lv Up Charge is nice as well and its learned by alot of Electric types making it less of a hassle to get. Also you can just use Smeargle.

Besides its not like I got cut off this much slack when breeding the 12.5% female Amaura and being forced to add Magnet Rise
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:35 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:

... THE HORROR!!! I never actually thought about that before.... so why does priority still work... Quick Attack should be super slow, and extreme speed will be stationary O.O
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:36 am

BlueDryBones1 wrote:

Actually due to the SpD boost if it doesnt get it by Lv Up Charge is nice as well and its learned by alot of Electric types making it less of a hassle to get. Also you can just use Smeargle.

Besides its not like I got cut off this much slack when breeding the 12.5% female Amaura and being forced to add Magnet Rise

I'll do it.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:37 am

Paralysis doesn't lower your priority, just your speed.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:40 am

Bunselpower wrote:

I was just taking in general why doesn't Trick Room screw with priority. I know Paralysis just lowers speed.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:41 am

cmzoid wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

I was just taking in general why doesn't Trick Room screw with priority. I know Paralysis just lowers speed.

I was thinking about this earlier lol
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:13 am

Oh OK, sorry, I followed your post and it looked like one followed from the other.

The reason is because roar. Plus, for focus punch, you would hit them with priority, then tighten your focus.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:15 am

Bunselpower wrote:
The reason is because roar.

Priority Roar + Spikes/Stealth Rocks... O.O
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:17 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Oh OK, sorry, I followed your post and it looked like one followed from the other.

The reason is because roar. Plus, for focus punch, you would hit them with priority, then tighten your focus.

lol it makes sense
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Any other opinions? Or can I go on and start breeding?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:24 pm

Close enough for me.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 11:44 pm

Ok... change of plans... it gets Charge via lvl up. I'll have both with the same EMs if there's no problem.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:06 am

and, btw, may I change the Trick Room spread from this 31/31/31/31/31/0 to this 31/x/31/31/31/0
I'm having no luck with that "6iv"
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:33 am

rafa wrote:
and, btw, may I change the Trick Room spread from this 31/31/31/31/31/0 to this 31/x/31/31/31/0
I'm having no luck with that "6iv"

That's fine, it doesn't really need its attack stat that much anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 9:19 am

Agree with bash, don't worry about it rafa.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 10:24 am

Then finished it is Very Happy
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 3:35 pm

Please arrange for a cloner to collect your pokemon at your nearest convenience. We wanna keep things moving along! Thanks very much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Mareep Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mareep   [Finished] Mareep Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Mareep
Page 1 of 1