BlueDryBones1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Electrike Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:05 am

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : HP Ice
Ability: Lightningrod
Nature: Timid
Item: Manectite
IV spread: 31/x/30/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Ice
Egg Moves:
-Eerie Impulse
-Electro Ball
-Flame Burst
-Switcheroo

Set 2 : HP Grass
Ability: Lightningrod
Nature: Timid
Item: Choice Specs
IV spread: 31/x/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Grass
Egg Moves:
-Eerie Impulse
-Electro Ball
-Flame Burst
-Switcheroo

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:17 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:15 am

I came here to suggest HP Ice and now i feel dumb lol
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:23 am

This is the set. My favorite mega.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:24 am

Bunselpower wrote:
This is the set. My favorite mega.

Its mine as well, as well as my favorite Electric type. I always thought Electrike was the coolest thing back when I played Emerald which was my first pokemon game.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:26 am

[quote="BlueDryBones1"]
Bunselpower wrote:
Emerald which was my first pokemon game.

Emerald was... first... O.O

(cries feeling old)
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:28 am

I actually wasn't a huge fan until this gen. It's stance in 3d is awesome looking. And intimidate on the best volt switch user in the game just rounds it out. It's probably the mega with the least extra nonsense added.

Emerald first... I distinctly remember a time without Pokemon altogether.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:29 am

cmzoid wrote:
Emerald was... first... O.O

(cries feeling old)

It's worse when one's first game was B&W or even XY lol

Last edited by rafa on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:30 am

We could add a non-mega set? I kinda like the Switcheroo Choice set with Volt Switch, Overheat and HP grass/ice. Call it BW nostalgia.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:31 am

Can't that be the same Pokemon? And ice for boltbeam.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:32 am

Bunselpower wrote:
I actually wasn't a huge fan until this gen. It's stance in 3d is awesome looking. And intimidate on the best volt switch user in the game just rounds it out. It's probably the mega with the least extra nonsense added.

Emerald first... I distinctly remember a time without Pokemon altogether.

Well I've been aware of it for a while by the time I got Emerald but it took me a long time for me to get a Gameboy Advance SP. Before that all we had was the SNES and the Play Station which I still have today.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:32 am

Bunselpower wrote:
I distinctly remember a time without Pokemon altogether.

I think I remember that... I mean, I was alive before Pokemon, but isn't that time referred to as the dark ages? The memories I have are sort of fogged... corrupted until Pokemon Red showed me the light. (Credits Lord Helix)
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:33 am

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Before that all we had was the SNES and the Play Station which I still have today.

Suddenly realizes my SNES broke... and I'm sad Sad
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:33 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
We could add a non-mega set? I kinda like the Switcheroo Choice set with Volt Switch, Overheat and HP grass/ice. Call it BW nostalgia.

Dont really see HP Grass being as useful w/ HP Ice to warrant a second set. Not being able to get past Dragons with that speed and Intimidate is just very sad and kinda kills its coverage to only hit something like Quagsire making me think its not worth it for its case.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:34 am

Kirby's pinball land and Tom and Jerry on the original game boy. Later on I added Mario baseball.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:36 am

Nostalgia running free here lol
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:36 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Kirby's pinball land and Tom and Jerry on the original game boy. Later on I added Mario baseball.

First game I got for the gameboy was some Crash Bandicoot+Spyro crossover game. Forgot what it was called. Dont have it today either as I often did game trading with a friend whenever I finished a game.

I think Emerald was the 3rd game I got for it.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:37 am

4 double A batteries to run that thing.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:38 am

Bunselpower wrote:
4 double A batteries to run that thing.

batteries were my biggest enemy lol
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:38 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Can't that be the same Pokemon? And ice for boltbeam.

But I want both the Mega and the Switcheroo set... I can't make both with just one pokemon XD
Also I tend to have a preference for grass because of the rock/ground types (that can often be OHKOed by grass while ice only 2HKOes) and the water/ground types. With 2 attacks, bolt-beam is better, but with 3 attacks, i think electric-fire-grass is better. So if we make a 2nd set for the non mega we can make it HP grass and everyone is happy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
First game I got for the gameboy was some Crash Bandicoot+Spyro crossover game.

I remember those games... I think I still have them O.O

(searching house for childhood memories) lol
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:41 am

True, I like that idea mademoiselle,plus we can get HP grass mega if we want. I'm in, same set, just with HP grass.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:42 am

Bunselpower wrote:
True, I like that idea mademoiselle,plus we can get HP grass mega if we want. I'm in, same set, just with HP grass.

Same set, just with HP grass, and also either choice scarf or choice specs instead of Manectite. I'd say choice specs I think.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 am

I like the idea of having both options too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:51 am

Well I dont see Grass being useful in OU with the rarity of Rock types and STAB Thunderbolt hitting harder than a SE one(meaning Water/Ground or the almost non-existent Rock/Ground are the only things I can come up with that it hits harder or at all). At the same time the abundance of Dragons and the Ground/Flying types and Smogon being Smogon making Mega Manectric OU means Manectric non-mega is also OU (makes alot of sense rite?) but if you guys want HP Grass I can probably breed one. It'll have the same EMs as the first though.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:53 am

Rock still probably should resist electric at the very least... and Ice should be super effective against Rock... not ground... we are too set in now to change things to make them right Sad.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:56 am

It's ok, those egg moves are perfect.

And HP grass is indeed a lot more useful in UU, but since in OU everyone expects you to have HP ice, you can surprise them with a HP grass kill when they least expect it Very Happy
(And most people don't send in pokes that are weak to ice, since they expect you to have HP ice)

And there are other rules than Smogon's, so if I happen to play a UU match where non-mega Manectric is allowed (or if Smogon changes its rules to make them less stupid XD), I'll be glad I have it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 12:00 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
It's ok, those egg moves are perfect.

And HP grass is indeed a lot more useful in UU, but since in OU everyone expects you to have HP ice, you can surprise them with a HP grass kill when they least expect it Very Happy
(And most people don't send in pokes that are weak to ice, since they expect you to have HP ice)

And there are other rules than Smogon's, so if I happen to play a UU match where non-mega Manectric is allowed (or if Smogon changes its rules to make them less stupid XD), I'll be glad I have it Very Happy

Non-mega Manectric is also OU, removing the Megastone wont change its tier when I brought up the issue with Mawile on Smogon. So in tier play you'll never see Manectric in UU sadly.

Though I'll still breed it just saying I'll probably stick to my nice HP Ice shiny.

Sad though I know. I really wish I can bring the amazingness of Mawile to the lower tiers Sad
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 12:08 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Non-mega Manectric is also OU, removing the Megastone wont change its tier when I brought up the issue with Mawile on Smogon. So in tier play you'll never see Manectric in UU sadly.

Re-read what I said XD

=> "There are other rules than Smogon's" (i.e. maybe some tournaments will use better rules, where only the stone is banned, not the pokemon)

=> "Or if Smogon changes its rules to make them less stupid XD" (i.e. if they end up deciding to ban only the stone instead of the pokemon at some point... which is far from impossible, since Smogon tiers tend to change a lot)
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 12:10 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
There are other rules than Smogon's" (i.e. maybe some tournaments will use better rules)

I think "other than Smogon" and "better" are one and the same, so no qualification needed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 12:12 pm

cmzoid wrote:
I think "other than Smogon" and "better" are one and the same, so no qualification needed Very Happy

Ikr? I still can't believe they completely banned Swagger. Just when Mandibuzz becomes good, they go and ruin it.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 11:30 am

Alright its been 2 days, time to start on this thing. I should be finishing this very shortly.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Already finished these, the HP Ice one is Male and the HP Grass one is Female so you guys can tell the difference better.
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 3:33 pm

Please arrange for a cloner to collect your pokemon at your nearest convenience. We wanna keep things moving along! Thanks very much.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 3:35 pm

csidun wrote:
Please arrange for a cloner to collect your pokemon at your nearest convenience. We wanna keep things moving along! Thanks very much.
NO THIS IS MY POKE AND I AINT SHARIN

and I already sent it to Dragon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Electrike   [Finished] Electrike Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Electrike
Page 1 of 1