Bunselpower
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational Empty
PostSubject: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 1:00 pm

With mademoiselle leaving for several days, it's time to have a tournament. The format is open for discussion right now, we can do anything from doubles to Uber to little cup. Give your suggestions in this thread and we'll set up a poll!

The Bracket is here: http://challonge.com/FAMVI

The seeds were randomly shuffled around using the website's shuffler, so it was entirely random.

Those of you who need to battle just get with your opponent on here and get to it! No time limit or anything, so just whenever you get to it (I haven't even thought about a team yet, so yeah...)

Last edited by Bunselpower on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 2:44 pm

I have an idea... use me-themed teams! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 4:05 pm

Teams of six Abra? No thanks.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 4:22 pm

Bunselpower wrote:

lol
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 4:40 pm

rafa wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

lol

lol
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
rafa wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

lol

lol

lol
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 10:55 am

Alright, everyone who wants to play in a tournament, post here. I think we're going to do VGC doubles, so no one really knows what's happening.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 11:09 am

I'm in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 11:13 am

I wanted 2v2 in-game tag battle Surprised hopefully sum other day. Showdown or In-game? Also I might be interested but when Im back on Wed school,is around the corner and I might be unable to play during weeks again?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 11:18 am

I'm in (looks up how to play doubles...)
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 11:45 am

I was planning on doing showdown that way we're not limited by what we have bred. And the Tagg team thing sounds cool, I've done it a couple times, the problem is getting 4 people available at the same time. So ok, we at least have 4, that's good.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 2:38 am

I'd like to join but I'm also on vacation so I'm not sure if I can be on and the same time as you guys. Granted you already have four, but I can be the extra one in case one person can't be online and (for some reason) I can.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 9:16 am

Nah I mean 5 is fine bash, there's just a play in or a bye. If you think you can be on them I'll put you down. If push comes to shove I can use my phone at work during lunch.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:14 am

Yeah I think I can be on. What time would this be on?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 9:33 am

It would just be like the last one,a bracket would be randomly set up and we would just use this thread to get together on times. I know bones and Zoid live in the US, so us matching up isn't a problem. Dragon lives in the UK but like I said I can be on at lunch so that isn't a problem. Let me check and see, Zoid,I may have you set up the bracket on that site that mademoiselle used the last time and just randomly seed everyone if I can't get to it, as I'm also preparing to commission a mlb the show baseball online franchise for family and friends. I'll try to get it set up tonight.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 6:47 pm

Alright, the first post has been updated with a link to the bracket, just go there and see what's up.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 7:23 pm

idk why but i'm loving the title lol
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 12:29 pm

Just to confirm I'm in but just try not to plan a battle with me Mon-Wen.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 1:00 pm

It's cool, this is gonna be super chill bones,I doubt most will see this until mademoiselle comes back anyway.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 4:30 am

Dragon, we're paired up. When would you be free to battle?
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 9:17 am

bash678 wrote:

I think i missed you but if you're still around i'm free Smile
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 11:25 am

Dragon-Flower wrote:
bash678 wrote:

I think i missed you but if you're still around i'm free Smile

Hey, I can be on now too. I see you're logged on.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 12:01 pm

Update: I lost to Dragon.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 4:53 pm

there is something about VGC I just hate. Ubers like Mega Kanga and Mega Mawi Mega Luke, Aegi, etc. No Sleep Clause, 4 POKEMON. That 4 Pokemon thing just made teambuilding more boring as I like to make 6 man double teams. Sorry to say Bunsel but I think I'll sit out of this one D:
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 12:27 am

hey bash, i need to play you, i lost to zoid. Which isn't something I like to admit. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:58 am

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
there is something about VGC I just hate. Ubers like Mega Kanga and Mega Mawi Mega Luke, Aegi, etc. No Sleep Clause, 4 POKEMON. That 4 Pokemon thing just made teambuilding more boring as I like to make 6 man double teams. Sorry to say Bunsel but I think I'll sit out of this one D:

First of all Mega Mawile isn't broken as well as aegislash. Some smogonites admitted to banning aegislash because it countered a bunch of stall breakers and they wanted to get rid of them too. Mega Mawile was banned because it was a stall breaker.... I mean i don't think they've ever heard of earthquake, you know, the most common ground type attack in all of competitive battling?

And again, those things aren't as broken in doubles, even smogon doesn't ban them in their smogon doubles format. And that's telling you something since they live for stall. Look up to my first paragraph for confirmation. VGC is very offensively based, there is hardly room for stall, doubles in general is very fast paced. If you enjoy dragging battles out for 90 turns then singles is for you Very Happy

I understand you not being okay with some ubers but i'm just pointing out that those two aren't broken even in singles??? Never has either one of those swept my entire team, maybe two or three at most but they don't deserve to get banned to ubers?

Basically if it's a tl;dr situation: most things aren't broken in doubles, and those two i mentioned in particular aren't even broken in singles Very Happy

By zoid's suggestion, to stop this from sounding mean (not my intention) i add a comical and simple 'lol' ...

lol

Last edited by Dragon-Flower on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 12:08 pm

Well said. I tried it out, it's a different animal for sure, but I see the appeal. I vastly prefer singles, but having a battle that only lasts 8 turns can be something good for tourneys.

And you are right Dragon, they are protecting stall. I like stall,I think, when done well, it can be a beautiful thing to watch. However, shaping the meta to protect anything is a huge mistake. I hate it when people say stall isn't legitimate, because it is, but I can't help but feel that it would be less legitimate if it had to stand up to some newer threats. The ban of Aegislash is what did it for me, I'll use showdown some still, but I'm done listening to Smogon's bans.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
hey bash, i need to play you, i lost to zoid. Which isn't something I like to admit. Lol.

I can be on now if you're available.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 3:12 pm

I am not, sorry, I'm at work. I'm not usually on with you, we may have to wait until this weekend.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
I am not, sorry, I'm at work. I'm not usually on with you, we may have to wait until this weekend.

That's not a problem. Sure, weekend is fine.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 7:22 pm

Not much of the ubers and no sleep clause. Mainly was the 4v4 instead of 6v6. Ruined the team I prepared and limits team building as I usually build Double to use the full team not just 2/3 of it.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 7:42 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Not much of the ubers and no sleep clause. Mainly was the 4v4 instead of 6v6. Ruined the team I prepared and limits team building as I usually build Double to use the full team not just 2/3 of it.
:
I hate the 4v4 aspect too, nintendo seems to dislike it so much :V
Back to top Go down
Shrimpai
Breeder
Shrimpai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 3:41 am

cmzoid wrote:
Dragon-Flower wrote:
rafa wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

lol

lol

lol

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational   The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational Empty

Back to top Go down

The First Annual Mademoiselle Vacation Invitational
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breeding Squad :: Competitive Battling :: Tournaments-
Jump to: