[Finished] Carnivine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Carnivine Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : NAME OF THE SET
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Brave
Item: Focus Sash
IV spread: 31/31/31/31/31/0
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed

Last edited by ed819 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:50 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Its Speed is unsaveable. Might as well just go Brave. W/ Brave you can use its SpA and try to go 6IV for 31/31/31/31/31/0 HP Ice if you want. It has a nice base 90 SpA.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 11:05 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Its Speed is unsaveable. Might as well just go Brave. W/ Brave you can use its SpA and try to go 6IV for 31/31/31/31/31/0 HP Ice if you want. It has a nice base 90 SpA.

I just got the set from smogon. I'm open to doing that spread if everyone's ok with it. Let's see what other people think.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 11:33 pm

It's speed is really bad. I'm fine with Brave, I'm not sure what Jolly actually gains you.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:37 am

Brave is good, but I really don't think you need to go for the 0 speed. Just any even number in speed (for HP ice) will do.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:39 am

Oh and Bunsel, I checked Smogon, and apparently max speed EVs with Jolly nature are there only to make you outspeed Golurk... so I don't think it's very relevant.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:41 am

Golurk... The ever present threat to Carnivine. Come on, this thing has much better things to do than investing fully into a speed stat that low.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:44 am

Yeah this is why I dont like when people blindly follow Smogon. Carnivine is NU so of course they give you a set only in which it'll play as such. In-game you might not always use it in the same circumstances. Its the Slowest Grass type thus I feel its more worthy on a TR team thus the 0 Speed and freeing up its SpA so you can use its special moves and Hidden Powers.

HP Ice to break through other Grass types and Dragons. You can also consider 31/31/30/30/31/0 HP Fire if you rather get past Steels and you still have Sludge Bomb for Grass types. Of course 6IV is preffered but if you try w/o success then 5IV even Spe would do

Though I would appreciate the extra effort

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:46 am

Well, we can't ask for a 6 IV, only if the person wants to.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 9:32 pm

Updated the set. I'll try to go for 6 IVs
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:18 pm

Was wondering if Giga Drain is worth a slot over one of the other EMs?

Though really Power Whip should be its STAB so unsure. It might be a bit more useful than Leech Seed though.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 11:00 pm

I think it should get in there over rage powder. Giga drain is a great move.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 11:01 pm

Bunselpower wrote:

*thoughts of assault vest*
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 10:02 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Rare Powder is a rare move tho thus worth keeping. Could help a partner set up TR in a TR team in doubles. Especially w/ its ground and Powder immunity.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 10:08 pm

Alright, I'll replace leech seed with Giga Drain. Let me know if there are other suggestions
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 10:55 pm

No way Leech Seed is super important! Well a lot more than Rage Powder anyway, and also more than Giga Drain since this is a physical set.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 11:10 pm

Ok. I'll edit the set.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 11:25 pm

I'd just drop Giga Drain then. Rage Powder would be great on it as I had alot of really good experiences with Trick Room in Doubles and Carnivine's low Speed, Sleep Powder, Earthquake Immunity, Powder Immunity, and Rage Powder can benefit a lot there. Power Whip is fine for a STAB I just thought it was more useful than Leech Seed as it wont be walling much.

Also I dont think you had intentions of a hidden power but I was wondering on everyone's opinion on 31/31/30/30/31/0 HP Fire? Sludge Bomb should cover Grass types fine and HP Fire can hit the Steel types that wall it also being able to hit Grass. Ice however hits Dragon and Flying too so both are pretty good but Ice is a bit easier to breed.

Honestly though it should mainly be using Dark Move+Grass Moves that are Physical w/ some move of choice and a Hidden Power to cover a few things as it has a nice base 90 SpA so really if your running a Special Move the only one you should be running is Hidden Power.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:01 pm

I'm fine with breeding for hidden power. What does everyone else think though?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Carnivine   [Finished] Carnivine Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Carnivine
Page 1 of 1