Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Volbeat and Illumise Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 2:21 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Volbeat of doom
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Impish
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/31/31/19/31/31
Hidden Power: N/A
Egg Moves:
- Baton Pass
- Encore
- Seismic Toss
- Trick

Set 2 : Illumise of death
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Calm
Item: Damp Rock
IV Spread: 31/0/30/31/30/30
Hidden Power: Rock
Egg Moves:
- Baton Pass
- Confuse Ray
- Fake Tears
- Growth

Progress:

In the Development Stage

Last edited by cmzoid on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:46 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 2:22 pm

Blue, this is where you come in. Since these ones require a little work, what pokeballs would you suggest?
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Perhaps Impish for Volbeat so that it could still dole out some damage from U-turn. But Bold is good too.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 2:56 pm

bash678 wrote:
Perhaps Impish for Volbeat so that it could still dole out some damage from U-turn. But Bold is good too.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'll go Impish for Volbeat.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:02 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Blue, this is where you come in. Since these ones require a little work, what pokeballs would you suggest?

*much betray*
*So disgust*
*very lie*

this is how your other dog must feel Sad
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:20 pm

Yey Special Pokeballs Very Happy

I'd recommend Luxury or Repeat for Volbeat
Dive or Quick for Illumise.

Also I think Bold is actually better on Volbeat. W/o a doubt its SpA is absolutely pitiful but Tail Glow and a decent special movepool make it worth it imo. Unless you want to BP Power Up Punches then maybe Impish is good.

If your doing HP Rock Illumise the maximum you want to invest is 248 HP for reasons regarding Stealth Rock. Thus the 30/0/31/31/30/30 spread is better so you can invest 252 in Def and not waste a point and invest 248 in HP and get the # you need. 252 w/ 31 HP at Lv 50 makes you only able to switch in 4 times.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Also Illumise gets Encore via Lv Up(Volbeat doesnt) I think you should swap it out with Growth so it has something to Baton Pass.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 7:26 pm

If this vote goes undecided, I'm just going to pick myself. Prepare for Serious Volbeat!!!
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 7:47 pm

Oh dear god... Blue, you better appreciate my efforts on this one, the only way to get a Volbeat in a matching ball is by not using a 6IV ditto. I'm in for a fun time...
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 7:56 pm

Impish took a 3-2 win, and is probably the better nature anyway. Given the recent realization of this breed being a pain, I'm going to close the poll now and start breeding. Marking this as officially in progress.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 8:07 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Oh dear god... Blue, you better appreciate my efforts on this one, the only way to get a Volbeat in a matching ball is by not using a 6IV ditto. I'm in for a fun time...
Or you can use Powersaves to make parent Volbeat a female.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 8:13 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
cmzoid wrote:
Or you can use Powersaves to make parent Volbeat a female.

Volbeat can't be female, that would be ultra-hacking. Plus, I'd still need a 5IV Volbeat with egg moves... which... is exactly what I'm looking for, so that won't help me.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Actually... umm...... these egg moves are impossible to get combined...
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 8:22 pm

Have Volbeat father genned. Seismic Toss+Trick is impossible outside tutors I think and ofc Illumise cant have it.

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Also the EMs together are all legal. Seismic Toss from 3rd gen move tutor. Trick from 5th gen move tutor both of those on Volbeat. BP and Encore from EMs on a HA Illumise so legality isnt a concern. Just getting them on there is difficult so have the illegal combo all together genned to make it easier for you.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 8:28 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Have Volbeat father genned. Seismic Toss is impossible outside tutors I think and ofc Illumise cant have it.

Ok, looking at it, that would be legal. It could have both Trick and Seismic Toss in gen 3 via tutors, and Illumise can have both Encore and Baton Pass, so it works. The genned father could not have all 4 egg moves in any legal way though I believe. Good catch on Seismic Toss having been a tutor. To the genning thread... AWAY!!!
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 8:29 pm

Best to have 4 parents altogether. 2 for Volbeat and 2 for Illumise b/c if you use the same parents for both you will accidentally pass Encore to Illumise.

Ask for this for Volbeat

Impish Illuminate Volbeat 31/31/31/31/31/31 (+Trick, Seismic Toss) from gen 3 if you want to follow legality completely but shouldnt matter as it'll go through bank regardless as they were legal EMs last gen too.
Impish Prankster Illumise 31/31/31/31/31/31 (BP, Encore) -Repeat/Luxury/Dream Ball(your call if you want a matching ball)-

and Illumise can have everything from this gen so that one shouldnt be as hard.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 8:34 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Best to have 4 parents altogether. 2 for Volbeat and 2 for Illumise b/c if you use the same parents for both you will accidentally pass Encore to Illumise.

Ask for this for Volbeat

Impish Illuminate Volbeat 31/31/31/31/31/31 (+Trick, Seismic Toss) from gen 3 if you want to follow legality completely but shouldnt matter as it'll go through bank regardless as they were legal EMs last gen too.
Impish Prankster Illumise 31/31/31/31/31/31 (BP, Encore) -Repeat/Luxury/Dream Ball(your call if you want a matching ball)-

and Illumise can have everything from this gen so that one shouldnt be as hard.

I don't want to exploit pokegen too much, so I put in a method to get it, while not giving me the IVs or anything else. I'll get the Illumise myself, so that isn't a problem Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:10 pm

I got the Volbeat done with. 31/31/31/19/31/31. Was trying for 6IV, but don't particularly care to given how not fun breeding this thing is.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:16 pm

cmzoid wrote:
I got the Volbeat done with. 31/31/31/19/31/31. Was trying for 6IV, but don't particularly care to given how not fun breeding this thing is.
Hooray. What ball did you settle on?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:18 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
cmzoid wrote:
Hooray. What ball did you settle on?

Went with Luxury Ball given the repeat ball had too much white for my taste, given that Volbeat had no white in it at all. Starting on getting the egg moves on Illumise next, and then... back to fun breeding again lol

Edit: Wait... I can use a ditto this time around... O.O (tears of joy)
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 11:46 pm

Definitely got a 6IV Illumise in the first 30 eggs!!! Victory!!!

(also, its in a Dive ball if you were wondering Blue)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise   [Finished] Volbeat and Illumise Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Volbeat and Illumise
Page 1 of 1