[Finished] Gothitha I_vote_lcap0%[Finished] Gothitha I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
NotPikeQueenLucy
Breeder
NotPikeQueenLucy

[Finished] Gothitha Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 8:32 am

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Version 3
Ability: Shadow tag
Nature: Modest
Item: Choice Specs
IV spread: 31/even/31/30/31/30
Hidden Power: Fire
Egg Moves:
- Dark pulse
- Heal pulse
- Miracle eye
- Mirror coat

Last edited by NotPikeQueenLucy on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:11 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 9:26 am

OK, first, make sure to delete the part about Charmander on the sprite. Second, we do 4 egg moves, no matter what, and try to pick the 4 most universal and the most universal set/sets. We're not only taking moves for one set, this way if people have a different set they want they can use this to breed their own. Items don't really drive the set, or in cases of really common items, even have to match the set.

As far as sets, i think a trapper needs to be the first set, or at least the second; Shadow Tag is too valuable. With Trick hopefully making a tutor move comeback, i think Choice Scarf would be the best.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:16 am

I think the best 4 egg moves are Dark Pulse, Heal Pulse, Miracle Eye and Mirror Coat. And Shadow Tag is definitely the better ability, too. If someone wants to use Competitive they can easily breed it using a parent with Shadow Tag (HA), but not the opposite, so it's probably best to choose Shadow Tag.

And yeah like Bunsel said, we usually try to make a build that can be used to make different sets depending on how it's EV trained, what item it's holding (the item distributed with the pokemon is just the item that we think most people are going to use) and which moves are chosen to go on it after it's trained (1 or many of the egg moves may or may not be kept, but at least we have 4 relevant egg moves that we can choose from to go with the set we want to make).

For example if I bred a Larvitar I could make it adamant with the egg moves stealth rock, dragon dance, pursuit and iron head and the item chople berry, and then after it's distributed one person could choose to train it into a dragon dance mega tyranitar with max speed and attack while someone else could choose to train it into a support tank with stealth rocks and 3 offensive moves and max attack and HP and use the chople berry, and then Bunsel could choose to make it an Assault Vest attacker because of his insane love for Assault Vests.

So yeah for Gothita Idk which nature would be most appropriate since ai've never used it, but maybe Timid if it has good enough speed, otherwise Modest is good. And yeah we can keep the choice specs.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:21 am

If you're running a trapping set, you need timid to max speed for choice scarf to out speed as much as possible, since it's job is to trap and kill stuff. If you happen to trap a wall, there's where trick lets you give it a choice scarf. I've seen this set before, I think it's probably its best bet to be useful.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:33 am

We should totes do a se jun gothita Very Happy a defensive one that uses tickle and psyshock Very Happy we should totes Very Happy totes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:36 am

sorry dragon, one totes too many.
Back to top Go down
NotPikeQueenLucy
Breeder
NotPikeQueenLucy

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Reedited, but I'll be busy looking for his HA during the time it will stay in Discussion.

Sinon, your set with be only viable as soon as it will learn trick and got his speed EV up to 252, because well gothitelle would never be able to outrun a LO Garchomp maxed in speed otherwise. and timid is absolutly needed (Scarfed gothitelle speed goes up to 376 where non-scarfed garchomp max at 333)
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:51 pm

Yeah, agree with MC. Heal Pulse, Dark Pulse, Mirror Coat and Miracle Eye with Shadow Tag as ability. Gothitelle has pretty good defenses, I thought it was horrid defensively. And checking Smogon's Gothitelle page, the Literally Satan set with either calm or sassy nature teaming up with TR, as they suggest, sounds really nice.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:53 pm

hasn't it got like 65 speed? I would either suggest timid + scarf or scrap that entirely and go for modest specs (totally not smogon).

Also se jun gothitelle with tickle and psyshock for no apparent reason Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:56 pm

Choose an avatar, Lucy Very Happy

[Finished] Gothitha PikeQueenLucy

Like this one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:57 pm

Isn't it 45 speed?
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:01 pm

he did it lol (also according to smogon it's 65, if it's not then don't bother with scarf or timid)
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:03 pm

nvm, idk why I had 45 stuck in my head...
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:04 pm

It's 65. Just enough to justify scarf. And I think 376 speed gets it past base 121? Because Greninja is 377 max, so everything slower than Greninja that threatens your team can be trapped and you can use its pretty good move pool to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:19 pm

do a calm one too Very Happy for reasons
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:25 pm

Oh yeah, i think we need another set, this thing's move pool is awesome.
Back to top Go down
NotPikeQueenLucy
Breeder
NotPikeQueenLucy

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:26 pm

... Is it absolutly necessary? ;_;
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:28 pm

Yes Very Happy

definitely Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:34 pm

Same abilities and egg moves, maybe not. But there are two sets for a reason, if we need them. I'll wait for another admin to chime in.

Also, does this need a way to beat steel types? Like HP fire or something?
Back to top Go down
NotPikeQueenLucy
Breeder
NotPikeQueenLucy

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:37 pm

There's not much to change though, only item and nature, maybe just go with calm and scraping the choice items Idk? Could go with Modest-Competive-Choice specs on one, Timid-Shadow tag-Choice scarf for the other and Sassy-Frisk-Choice band for the third. Oh wait no

I think actually HP fighting would be more acceptable since it can't learn focus blast and DARK type are weak to it, and steel too
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:43 pm

Is the sassy set shadow tag? If so, maybe a specs competitive set is good for the second. But cases for both will have to be made.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:43 pm

*whispering* Don't talk about a third set O.O
You-Know-Who pale doesn't like them lol
Back to top Go down
NotPikeQueenLucy
Breeder
NotPikeQueenLucy

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:47 pm

Btw, how do you even HP? Is it linked to IV?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:48 pm

NotPikeQueenLucy wrote:
Btw, how do you even HP? Is it linked to IV?

You have to get a certain spread. I think HP Fighting would require a 31/X/30/30/30/30 IV spread.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:51 pm

Oh yeah, HP fighting is a good idea, but I doubt you'll want to be trapping dark types with this anyway. I think trapping stuff like Scizor and Ferrothorn would be good. The only thing I can think of fighting hitting for 4 times that may actually die is Bisharp, but that guy's going to use sucker punch. This is tough. Poll time!
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 3:21 pm

Honestly I would only do a modest Shadow Tag set and that's all. And HP fire would be good because, like Bunsel said, the only reason to use hidden power on Gothitelle would be to hit 4X weaknesses.

Lucy, before you start breeding you should get some Dittos from zoid. Especially if you breed for HP fire, you definitely need a flawless HP fire Ditto, otherwise it's going to take you 50 hours.
Back to top Go down
NotPikeQueenLucy
Breeder
NotPikeQueenLucy

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 3:23 pm

I don't have the breeding material to do HP so I think I should just give up on life and let someone else have it then and just go with a fighting pokemon that'll never need it any HP
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 3:24 pm

Or get a HP fire Ditto from zoid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NotPikeQueenLucy
Breeder
NotPikeQueenLucy

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 3:27 pm

But why fire? because of bug and that's it? gothitelle is not weak to steel type
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 3:30 pm

Because hidden power is not a very strong move so the only reason why you'd want to use it is on pokemon that have a 4X weakness to it. HP fighting is never going to do enough damage to dark types to KO them before they kill you (because it's only 2X) so it wouldn't be very useful, but HP fire is 4X strong against Scizor, Ferrothorn, Forretress... so it can actually be useful to carry it so you can deal with them.
Back to top Go down
NotPikeQueenLucy
Breeder
NotPikeQueenLucy

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 3:31 pm

*cough cough* There's a poll now, so your contribution will be appreciated.

Also if I'm changing the nature for modest, which item do I put then? Specs?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Yeah it can be specs. Althought we've already distributed so many choice specs, maybe we could make it hold a random rare item instead.
Back to top Go down
NotPikeQueenLucy
Breeder
NotPikeQueenLucy

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 3:54 pm

I would need a second poll to determine which nature would be best (since calm sassy and modest are all equally good for me, I can't get anything done x.x")

Rare item? like what?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 4:03 pm

well if you're doing calm/sassy you don't need HP fire
but I really think modest is more universal
or at least calm. definitely not sassy

And idk, some evolution stones are hard to get. But meh, choice specs is fine too
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 5:04 pm

I'll settle for modest shadow tag, but HP fire is probably a must now.
Back to top Go down
NotPikeQueenLucy
Breeder
NotPikeQueenLucy

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 5:10 pm

Alright, I'll just ask zoid for the right ditto when I will have a chance, I'll preemptively go seek out the egg move in the meantime, the set should be fixed now
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 5:11 pm

If we are going HP Fire, the IV spread would be 31/even/31/30/31/30. I can give you a ditto with that spread if you need one.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 12:31 am

Hey, just checking in, we hadn't heard from you in a while and I'm just checking to see how it's going. Don't feel rushed, I'm just asking because we haven't seen you in a while.
Back to top Go down
NotPikeQueenLucy
Breeder
NotPikeQueenLucy

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 9:05 am

Ha ha, Im sick, but Im still alive, but I still didn't get how to do HP (anyone willing to so that for me would be appreciated), and with oras launch I tried to isolate myself a bit to get spoiled the least possible and I m still about halfway done badge wise, I suck ha ha..
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 10:15 am

No it's good. I'm just trying to wrap this one up fairly soon.

And HP is the tough part of breeding. I have a battalion of Oddish to prove it. There are guides upon guides out there, basically, you just want the spread we listed. If you have power saves,it's easy to check. If not, here's what I'd do.

If you take the special fire ditto and use the iv judge guy combined with the hidden power lady, and accumulate some that you think could be a perfect spread. Then just trade them to our power saves users and let them check. Or use battle institute.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 10:19 am

I think rafa said he can do Gothita
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 10:19 am

Zoid's advice to me when I first HP bred, having Bellsprout with HP Rock as example:

Also, just to give a little bit of advice when HP breeding, as it can be horrible if you don't approach it right. This is a method I've used and it works well for me.

First, you get the egg moves, nature, and ability if you are going for a HA. Then you start breeding with the HP ditto, and hatch the eggs. (Don't forget to cycle in kids that have a closer spread to the goal.) I start doing a kind of mass sorting.

I first take the newborn pokemon to the HP Judge in Anistar(XY)/Fortree(ORAS), if the HP is the right type (rock in this case), I keep it. Otherwise, the pokemon is immediately released. After that, I take the remaining pokemon to the IV Judge in Kiloude(XY)/Battle Resort(ORAS). If the Ivs which are suppose to be 31 match (in Rock's case, HP, Atk, and Sp. Atk), I store these pokemon in a PC box to check their remaining IVs later. I then release the rest.

After you accumulate enough pokemon that have passed the first two tests, I take them to the Battle Institute in Lumiose(XY)/Mauville(ORAS) and check their stats. I use this calculator to determine the stats: http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcxy.shtml

The process can be overwhelming if you approach it incorrectly, but this is a more organized method (at least how I do it).

This size of this post might also be overwhelming... sorry for the wall of text, but I wanted to help if I could lol

Last edited by rafa on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:36 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 10:20 am

But I can take over if needed
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 10:23 am

HP Checker in ORAS is located in Fortree, btw
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 10:24 am

That is exactly how you do it. And don't forget to cycle in kids that have a closer spread to the goal.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 4:43 pm

Would anyone be able to do this before tomorrow? Otherwise Rafa will do it but it's going to take more time.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Would anyone be able to do this before tomorrow? Otherwise Rafa will do it but it's going to take more time.

I nominate Dragon as tribute!
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 6:32 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Mademoiselle C wrote:

I second this nomination
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 7:08 pm

ed819 wrote:
cmzoid wrote:
Mademoiselle C wrote:

I second this nomination

And a third!!!!

pls nu

Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 9:03 pm

Gothita looks like an interesting choice for a future NFE team. I'll do it but I'll be swapping out Dark Pulse for Captivate as its both a TM and a tutor move.

Also I really want to get this in a Premier Ball.

Checking if I have a Gothita safari so I can confirm this.

EDIT: Have a Gothita safari, will start when given the ok to go through with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gothitha   [Finished] Gothitha Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Gothitha
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next