Item: Garchompite
IV spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: None
Egg Moves:
-Body Slam
-Iron Head
-Outrage
-Mud Shot

I finally got it done. Here is a list of things that have happened since I started breeding these Gible.

-I have accumulated about 255 Gible altogether.

-I have accumulated 165 Naughty rejects. About a third of that is the average number of eggs for a 6IV (54).

-I have accumulated 60 Jolly rejects, about 8 times the average for getting a Rough Skin 5IV Gible, so my luck was actually worse on this one.

-I have accumulated 4 perfect Sand Veil Jolly Gible, one of which is a 6IV. The chances of getting 4 in a row with a female Gible in the daycare is about 0.16%.

-I have accumulated 18 perfect 5IV Naughty Gible.

-I have traveled around the Battle Resort island about 1000 times, and taken about 256,000 steps.

-The Patriots not only beat the Colts, but an entire investigation has been launched.

-The world's oldest living monarch, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, has died

Last edited by Bunselpower on Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:33 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Saharan pudding flies.)
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:27 pm

Yes to all (don't kill me MC... O.O)
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:30 pm

>Set 4 : Defensive Chomp
>Nature: Naughty

Wat

If Altaria can only have 2 sets I doubt Madem will let this get 3-4 imo Surprised

The Jolly and Naive are the most interesting to me imo but I'd leave them  up anyways as maybe we can vote for them later. Definitely want Iron Head. I think Iron Tail can be passed as the 30% Flinch and 100 accuracy is more appealing Body Slam Outrage and Double-Edge look good for Jolly.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:36 pm

Another thing to consider is that this is a Dragon Type, and breeding a set from this will take a lot longer, so that's another reason to include more sets. Plus, like I said, Garchomp is the most versatile Pokemon in the game as far as different viable sets.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:39 pm

But Altaria was versatile and no Sad
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:42 pm

cmzoid wrote:

Altaria is RU (or whatever) versatile with the exact same egg moves, the same IV's, and a really low egg step count.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 4:12 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
cmzoid wrote:

Altaria is RU (or whatever) versatile with the exact same egg moves, the same IV's, and a really low egg step count.

Its OU versatile now due to Mega. Just ask that which shall not be named.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 6:42 pm

4 sets for garchomp seems a bit too much. We limited ourselves to 2 sets for Altaria, so why can't we limit ourselves to 3 sets for garchomp?
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 6:44 pm

it seems like the mods were the only people who didn't want a third altaria set lol
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 6:44 pm

Don't tar me with their brush, I would be happy with 30 sets Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 7:10 pm

That's what the discussion is for. These are probably the best 4 sets I can come up with. It comes down to what 2, 3, or 4 we want.

And yeah, don't throw me into that either, I like more sets. I suggested relaxed and would have been fine with 3. But I understand when hairs are split and that's when we have to draw the line.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 4:27 pm

Ok I don't have time to read any of this right now so I'll be back later for an actual discussion but I'm just dropping in to say this: there are going to be 2 sets.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 5:24 pm

Just dropping in to say that even though I despise Garchomp and everything it stands for (power creep, troll speed tier, started the trend of every dragon ever outclassing flygon, fugly design etc) I demand you do at least 3 sets just to annoy MC.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 9:07 pm

If we're just doing 2 sets for this, I would go for the Jolly non-mega one and the Naughty mega set
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:03 pm

I would do either Jolly and Naughty or Jolly and Naive. Jolly works for both mega and non mega and naughty/naive can be used for a mixed mega. And they all have the same EMs (body slam, iron head, outrage and filler) and same ability anyway so it doesn't need more than 2.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:36 pm

Naive is equally as viable as naughty, quite honestly. And naughty is better for mega, naive for regular, that much is clear. I don't relish the thought of breeding two 6 iv Pokemon, but I also don't think it's right for us to give people one and tell them to use it to breed another.

Also, impish rules.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 12:05 am

This is just like the Swablu case so it should be treated the same way. Make a poll for Naive VS Naughty because they're pretty much equivalent, and forget the Impish set because even though it's viable it's not as common as Jolly and it can be bred in just 1 step.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 1:18 am

It isn't the Swablu situation at all though. Mega and regular are two completely separate, equally viable Pokemon. Swablu had two 5IV sets and a relatively useless non mega, this is between 2 6IV sets on a 10,000 egg step Pokemon with essentially two evolutions. I don't want to cause a revolution or anything, because I think this is probably the only time this will ever be justified (read: Blue), Naive does not equal Naughty.

If it is any better, I'll breed Naive and Naughty and leave it at that. Let people breed Jolly themselves.

Also, looks like Double Edge has the Edge, so I'll make that change tomorrow after one more day.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 4:31 am

Personally, I feel like Garchomp deserves more than 2. But if we're limiting this, Jolly and Naughty would be my choices.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:54 am

Mega Garchomp is the same as Garchomp but with better special attack. They can both use Jolly and the mega can use a mixed set. Jolly + Naughty covers that.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:17 am

Alright, there needs to be some clarification here. I apologize for not making my intentions very clear. Deciding on these sets is not something to be done lightly, and there were egg moves to be decided, so I wanted to open a discussion using the 4 natures I saw as the most universal first, then vote later. I'm not using my admin powers to lobby for 4 sets or even necessarily 3,but this is, for all intents and purposes, the best Pokemon in the game, and should be treated as such. I agree with mademoiselle that Pokemon should be kept to two sets at all costs and I apologize for any and all flak she has caught for this.

I'm still of the camp that does believe that it deserves more than two, but if we're limiting sets, I vote we limit to Naïve and Naughty. Because if we're going to ask people to rebreed this Pokemon, I'm not going to ask them to rebreed a 6 iv on a 10000 egg step Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Sorry guys, I forgot to bump this. Vote on the sets when you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 10:55 am

Alright, since nobody seems to have anything to say suddenly, I'll start breeding this. Who knows, may be the last time I say that.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 11:41 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Who knows, may be the last time I say that.

Sadness Sad
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:00 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:
Who knows, may be the last time I say that.

Sadness Sad

Sad nooo
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:01 pm

Please don't leave, we love you Sad
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:04 pm

Feebasus wrote:
Please don't leave, we love you Sad

Stay Sad
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:18 pm

So... I'm going to step away... in light of recent events...

I found Crescent Isle when I traded with zoid the other day! I'm going to SR for Cresselia for a while. I'll get back to this when I'm done.

What recent events did you guys think I was talking about?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:22 pm

I was really hoping there would be a message hidden in the blank spaces in that message... or at least the lyrics to Blank Space Sad
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:26 pm

I make puns with only the best songs. Fancy, Let It Go, Shake It Off, or anything by Nicki Minaj.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:28 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
I make puns with only the best songs. Fancy, Let It Go, Shake It Off, or anything by Nicki Minaj.

Guys, I think Dragon hacked Bunsel's account Neutral
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:30 pm

If this profile ever fell into British hands, I would have to contract Liam Neeson to get it back.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Bunselpower wrote:

you're forgetting Prahlem by Ariana Grande, but this is, an otherwise flawless list Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 12:09 am

Hey guys, I was thinking about Mega Garchomp's ability and how, while it's probably not going to be used in the sand, it could potentially benefit from Sand Veil. It's kind of a crapshoot, but I mean switching into a 20% chance of not being hit isn't such a bad prospect. I put the options for all of them to have it but it's probably only useful on the Mega.

Vote fools.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 10:27 am

So... After 60 eggs, I have a 5 iv and a 6 iv!

Unfortunately, both are Jolly and both are sand veil. This one has hit a snag. What a time to lose my luck.

Also, everyone should vote on the poll.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 10:53 am

Do you want me to put a curse on those gibles? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 11:01 am

rafa wrote:

You'll get one in 237 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 11:05 am

Zoid did the job. Good luck cheers
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 8:45 am

Alright, scarf chomp is finally done. I'm set up with a 6 and 5 iv in the daycare, so it's a matter of time before the right Gible comes along. And I'm putting sand veil on it because it's at least equally useful as rough skin and it's a much easier breed. And it won the poll, so there's that.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:15 pm

Oh Mr. RNG, why do you hate me?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:30 pm

cmzoid wrote:
rafa wrote:

You'll get one in 237 Very Happy

This is why Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 6:25 pm

But if you have such control over the RNG, then how did those maison hax happen?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Feebasus wrote:
But if you have such control over the RNG, then how did those maison hax happen?

Control on egg hatches comes at a price. You should see how bad my capture rate. It's treat too be so close.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 10:26 pm

You know, having 11 of 12 iv's covered, you'd think you'd not get this many 4 iv's.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 3:30 pm

I feel an Oddish-esque drought coming on...but with Gible...so about twice as bad...oh boy.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:20 pm

Based on how horrible this is going for Bunsel... I say we should let him breed us multiple 6IV sets because this doesn't look fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:47 pm

I took a break last night to breed that battle of Hoenn team. Back to it now.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Done. Done. Done. Done. Done.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Bunselpower wrote:

Well Done? Or just Done? The IV's will be checked and it will be 0 IV no egg moves Sassy Gible lol
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 2:06 pm

Bunselpower wrote:

Nice. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Gible Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Gible   [Finished] Gible Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Gible
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next