[Finished] Cubone I_vote_lcap57%[Finished] Cubone I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Cubone Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Cubone   [Finished] Cubone EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 7:43 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Singles
Ability: Rock Head/Battle Armor
Nature: Adamant
Item: Thick Club
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Chip Away
- Belly Drum
- Perish Song
- Iron Head

Set 2 : Doubles
Ability: Lightning Rod
Nature: Brave
Item: Thick Club
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/0
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Chip Away
- Belly Drum
- Perish Song
- Iron Head

Last edited by ed819 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Cubone Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cubone   [Finished] Cubone EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 7:59 pm

hmmmm I think I'd go Adamant 5iv. Leaving Play Rough and Skull Bash outside is so sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Cubone Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cubone   [Finished] Cubone EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 8:50 pm

I think I would go with Play Rough over Perish Song. And I prefer Brave because the only way that thing can kill anything is in Trick Room. And also Lightningrod is so awesome in doubles.

It's funny cause that thing is so bad and yet it has so many possibilities I want to make 2 sets lol.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Cubone Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cubone   [Finished] Cubone EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:03 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
It's funny cause that thing is so bad and yet I want to make 2 sets lol.

Your heart is molten. It's pity.

[Finished] Cubone Cubone__s_mother_by_addsomepurple-d4yga3a
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Cubone Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cubone   [Finished] Cubone EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:38 pm

I was thinking of breeding another set for doubles with lightning rod, but I realize that it's not really that good. I'm fine with breeding the doubles set if people want it.

Also, I don't think cubone learns play rough. I just checked serebii and couldn't find it on its list of egg moves.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Cubone Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cubone   [Finished] Cubone EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:01 pm

Yeah, that's weird. An app I have says it learns and apparently showdown had that option too, but it does not.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Cubone Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cubone   [Finished] Cubone EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:02 pm

I really don't know if it can do two sets or not. I understand the point of lightning rod for doubles... but will it actually ever get any use on a team to even be used? Its really only use would be a thick club offensive set (in my mind)
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Cubone Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cubone   [Finished] Cubone EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:04 pm

I love Cubone, its among some of my favorite Pokemon, mainly solidified when I made him my choice for Leader in PMD:Red Rescue Team.

Also Lightningrod is awesome in Doubles until you use an Electric type move in which Marowak can be annoying to send out if your not using Discharge. I kinda would recommend Battle Armor since avoiding crits is pretty nice. Double-Edge is outclassed by some of its other moves.

Brave would be very useful in TR and Doubles. Adamant is good as well with Paralysis support but I'd be fine with either.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Cubone Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cubone   [Finished] Cubone EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 pm

How about a Brave Lightningrod set for doubles and another Adamant set?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Cubone Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cubone   [Finished] Cubone EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:37 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:

This is the best solution. Brave isn't nearly as useful in Singles due to only 5 turns, and Rock Head is a really good ability that probably shouldn't be passed up.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Cubone Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cubone   [Finished] Cubone EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:49 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Mademoiselle C wrote:

This is the best solution. Brave isn't nearly as useful in Singles due to only 5 turns, and Rock Head is a really good ability that probably shouldn't be passed up.

Rock Head is only good with Double Edge though. If you dont use Double-Edge then you end up with a useless ability while Battle Armor can always be useful. Marowak has quite a few good Coverage options like Knock Off, Stone Edge, Fire/Thunder Punch, Focus Punch, and of course the obligatory EQ or Bonemerang with those options I feel that some of use may not want to run Double-Edge all the time. 120 BP is nice and its coverage with Ground is pretty good but the thing Ground doesnt hit harder are Flying/Grass/Bug which can be hit Super Effectively by one of the above moves than a hit from Double-Edge while Ground STAB should be used on everything else.

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Cubone Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cubone   [Finished] Cubone EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:07 pm

Very true. But Lightning Rod on it is completely and totally useless in singles. I feel like Battle Armor is only good if you have the capability to heal, otherwise, it's not a great idea, especially in this day of lowered crit damage.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Cubone Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cubone   [Finished] Cubone EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:48 pm

As long as there's a brave lightningrod set I don't really care about the other set, I think both abilities have their advantages, but I would like to point out that Battle Armor is the HA so it might be useful to have it since it isn't really outclassed by Rock Head.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Cubone Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cubone   [Finished] Cubone EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:06 am

Ok. Took note of the suggestions above and made a poll for the ability for the Singles Set. Please vote Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Cubone Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cubone   [Finished] Cubone Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Cubone
Page 1 of 1