Bunselpower
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Squirtle Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:30 pm

As most of you know, Wartortle is my favorite Pokemon. He's my bro. And surprisingly enough, he gets one of the biggest pools of useful egg moves in the game. So without further ado, here is the greatest set on the greatest Pokemon that has ever been designed.

And a much less good set on a way less cool Pokemon because I have to.

Proposed Sets

cheers  Set 1 : Defensive Wartortle!  cheers  
Ability: Rain Dish
Nature: Bold
Item: Eviolite
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: NR
Egg Moves:
-Foresight
-Haze
-Yawn
-Aqua Ring

Wartortle gets a lot of awesome defensive moves, the biggest being Foresight, allowing him to get off a spin on a Ghost type switch in. Haze is a really useful move, and Yawn also has great utility. And Aqua Ring finishes it out with decent enough utility acting as sort of a leftovers.

Set 2 : Because I have to.
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Modest
Item: Blastoisinite
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: NR
Egg Moves:
-Aura Sphere
-Dragon Pulse
-Water Spout
-Fake Out

This is an offensive set, and there are plenty of offensive moves. Also, I made the nature Torrent for the same reason I included Water Spout: that one person running Scarfed Blastoise. Rain Dish doesn't do anything on Mega, so it doesn't matter. Just like this set.

Done! The offensive set is even a 6IV for maximum Fake Out damage.

I hope you all enjoyed that fun journey through the greatest Pokemon in the world. Do leave your likes and praises to Wartortle below.

Last edited by Bunselpower on Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:34 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:52 pm

Our to-be mascot *-* but *cough cough* Swampert rules lol

What about Mirror Coat again for the 4th EM in the second set?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:08 pm

I thought about it actually, I didn't want to make the offensive set predicated on taking damage though.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:27 pm

How about Fake Out for set 2? Its very useful in Doubles at least.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:54 pm

Why doesn't the defensive set have rain dish
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 12:05 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Why doesn't the defensive set have rain dish

I actually had it typed out, but Smogon doesn't have it. I think it's because no Drizzle Pokemon live down there in PU.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 12:12 am

Screw Smogon, I want Rain Dish.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 12:43 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Screw Smogon, I want Rain Dish.

done.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 4:58 pm

Fake Out for the 2nd set definitely, since that + Water Spout are very useful on a VGC blastoise. Also I kinda feel like both sets should have Rain Dish just cause it's the HA, but it doesn't make much difference really.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 5:06 pm

I see the usefulness of fake out, but the only thing about the ability is that Blastoise isn't that slow. On a defensive set, I can see rain dish (although anymore, 5 turns isn't great), but I feel like torrent is a better offensive ability. Now, does blastoise only run water spout? If it runs hydro pump or surf, that seems to mesh well with water spout, giving you more power even at lower health.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 11:11 am

So have we decided on the first set last egg move? I'll put up a poll.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:05 pm

Sad to let one of those two EMs go in this case Sad
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:15 pm

Yeah, the other three are clearly better though. It is amazing that it gets this plethora of moves, there are so many good ones. It's HP isn't that great though, so I don't like mirror coat quite as much.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 10:01 am

Not to call it now, but it seems like Aqua Ring is going to run away with this one. It is going to take me a while to track down all of these egg moves though, so if someone has one of these Squirtle with the egg moves listed I would greatly appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 10:14 am

I have one with Haze, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere and Aqua Jet and one with Water Spout, Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere. They're from my level 1 shiny collection but I could send you clones.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 11:04 am

Yeah, the Haze I'm going to have to get a Quagsire anyway for yawn, so that one isn't a huge deal, but the water spout would be stellar since those are three of the 4 I need for the second set.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 12:19 pm

I'll be able to trade it to you either tonight or tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 12:29 pm

That's cool. I am busy most of today anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 9:24 pm

I'm seeing a real lack of Wartortle praise here people.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 8:41 am

Bunselpower wrote:

according to control+F wartortle was mentioned seventeen times and blastoise was mentioned five (prior to this comment)

poor Blastoise Sad
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 10:03 am

Dragon-Flower wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

according to control+F wartortle was mentioned seventeen times and blastoise was mentioned five (prior to this comment)

poor Blastoise Sad

That's what I like to hear. Keep it up everybody!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Squirtle   [Finished] Squirtle Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Squirtle
Page 1 of 1