[Finished] Goldeen

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Goldeen Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Goldeen   [Finished] Goldeen EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 8:57 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1
Ability: Lightning Rod
Nature: Lonely
Item: Life Orb
IV spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Aqua Tail
- Body Slam
- Hydro Pump
- Haze

Last edited by ed819 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Goldeen Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goldeen   [Finished] Goldeen EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 9:59 pm

The name of the set should be "F*** Yeah".

*Bunselpower uses Taunt*

Also, just want to point out to blue, Seaking is one of the two Battle Ready shinies I have bred myself. The other is Raticate. So bring it on.

*Blue fell for the Taunt*
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Goldeen Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goldeen   [Finished] Goldeen EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 11:13 pm

I'm pretty sure Adamant would be preferable because its special attack sucks and it can have enough coverage with any combination of waterfall, megahorn, knock off, drill run and bounce. I understand lightningrod can boost its special attack but it's really unreliable and even then, it's special attack wouldn't really be better than it's attack.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Goldeen Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goldeen   [Finished] Goldeen EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 11:16 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
I'm pretty sure Adamant would be preferable because its special attack sucks and it can have enough coverage with any combination of waterfall, megahorn, knock off, drill run and bounce. I understand lightningrod can boost its special attack but it's really unreliable and even then, it's special attack wouldn't really be better than it's attack.

Lonely is for Ice Beam. It needs an Ice move for coverage, that's why the nature is Lonely. I can't remember exactly, but there are a few things that it needs to have Ice Beam to beat.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Goldeen Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goldeen   [Finished] Goldeen EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 11:21 pm

I really don't see why ice beam would be necessary, it has megahorn, bounce and even poison jab for grass types, it doesn't really need to be able to face dragons and I'm quite sure STAB waterfall causes more damage to flying types than a super weak ice beam.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Goldeen Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goldeen   [Finished] Goldeen EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 11:26 pm

And anyway I don't see that thing anywhere besides doubles, where it would mostly serve as a protection for another pokemon thanks to lightningrod, and maybe try some sort of support gimmick with soak and most probably knock off... that role doesn't really require ice coverage and it could use all of its defenses.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Goldeen Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goldeen   [Finished] Goldeen EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 11:31 pm

I suppose Lonely does leave the option to try some sort of doubles gimmick where you would use an electric pokemon to boost its special attack... but then again, why do it with Seaking when there's Mega Sceptile or even Electivire.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Goldeen Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goldeen   [Finished] Goldeen EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 11:53 pm

I mean, I see the point for Adamant, but its not like Seaking is going to be surviving any physical attacks anyway, so Lonely is basically just as effective while giving it the option to run Ice Beam, so I'd vote Lonely just for that reason.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Goldeen Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goldeen   [Finished] Goldeen EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 11:58 pm

Ice beam is there for Torterra and Altaria (back when Altaria was still in NU). But we can also go for adamant if we're making a doubles set. I can make a poll if I see that more people want the nature to be adamant.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Goldeen Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goldeen   [Finished] Goldeen EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 2:22 am

Oh and what do I care, it's just a useless ugly red fish (and one that doesn't even evolve into a big strong blue beast). Forget what I said, make it Lonely and be done with it. XD
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Goldeen Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goldeen   [Finished] Goldeen EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 8:54 am

The move tutors I think changed the equation quite a bit. And I already have a lonely, so I'm fine with making it adamant.

And just you wait, Mega Seaking is gonna wreck some shop once it gets released. Plus 100 to attack with speed boost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Goldeen Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goldeen   [Finished] Goldeen Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Goldeen
Page 1 of 1