[Finished] Totodile

Go down 
+3
BlueDryBones1
Mademoiselle C
Bunselpower
7 posters

Nature?
Adamant (Outspeeds 123 and below @ +1 Spd)
[Finished] Totodile  I_vote_lcap50%[Finished] Totodile  I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Jolly (Outspeeds 140 and below @ +1 Spd)
[Finished] Totodile  I_vote_lcap50%[Finished] Totodile  I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Totodile  Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 10:18 am

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Get out the brooms
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Item: Another rare thing that I make zoid attach
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: Ain't got no time for that
Egg Moves:
-Aqua Jet
-Ice Punch
-Dragon Dance
-Metal Claw

I love me some Totodile too, I'm getting to breed all of my favorite Pokémon this round. Anyway, two things. First, I know Jolly is a good nature, but with Aqua Jet I feel Adamant sets it apart.  But with Dragon Dance on the set I can see the draw.  105 attack isn't great though, sheer force or not.

Second, I have no idea what to do for the last egg move.  They all suck.

With there only being 3 good egg moves and the only difference is the nature, I think one set will be just fine.  

#seeyoulaterFeraligatr
#afterawhileTotodile

Last edited by Bunselpower on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:00 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 11:38 am

The egg moves are so useless I think I'd go with Crunch even if it's a level up move just in case I want to use that Totodile in-game so it can have good moves right from the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 11:39 am

That is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 12:54 pm

Totodile gets Crunch at Lv 27, always relearnable through any evo in its line so the moment you pass that level and learn it it becomes a waste of an EM only justifiable in NFE formats which I dont think is what we are going for.

Really any non-Lv Up EM will do for #4 imo. There are few instances where Lv Up EMs are justifiable but I do not think this is one of them.

I think its only worth pursuing either if only a pre-evo learns the move and upon evolving you can't relearn it like Eevee's Baton Pass or Growlithe's Crunch in both those instances you likely will delete them but may want the option to use them again in the future. Also if the EM is at a very high Lv significantly past Lv 50 as most of us I would assume if we are mass training pokes would under normal circumstances stop training them at Lv 50 as thats all you'll need for Battlespot.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 2:50 pm

Wait a minute, why would you want to use this in game? Stop it.

Blue, your argument is sound. But you didn't suggest an egg move. So that really doesn't help us.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 2:57 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Wait a minute, why would you want to use this in game? Stop it.

Blue, your argument is sound. But you didn't suggest an egg move. So that really doesn't help us.

Fake Tears/Flatter/Metal Claw/Ancient Power are the only good ones that I can think of. Not the best egg move pool sadly but its all its got.

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 2:58 pm

Go with Metal Claw
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Metal Claw seems to be the best of the remaining. It gets Sheer Force anyway, not like it is ever used anyhow.

If anyone is going to make a bred Little Cup one, I'll include Crunch, say something. Otherwise, I'll make a poll.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 3:43 pm

I just said that because everytime I start a new game I trade myself a few level 1 flawless pokemon to use as my party in-game. So if I decide to use Totodile in my party I would be happy to have Crunch at the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 3:49 pm

That's a strong argument for crunch.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 5:02 pm

You know what, MC has a purpose for Crunch being on there, and it works for LC just in case, so I'm going to go with Crunch, because the other options are just so bad. Unless anyone else has any better purpose for the other moves, which I'm pretty sure is impossible because they suck so much.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 5:23 pm

Only reason i could think of is selfish OCD purposes, so nothing really, i'd say go ahead (because i'm so unselfish and nice Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 6:13 pm

Also, I'd like to hear thoughts on Adamant vs. Jolly.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:15 pm

I think that Metal Claw > Crunch in this case. It's a steel move in this age of fairies, might raise attack (if not sheer force), if sheer force even better, dd... who knows... & Adamant

PLUS cheers this was my 900th post cheers
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 10:13 pm

Yeah, Metal Claw should be the last egg move because we always breed egg moves that are outside of its level up moveset, unless we want to make the move relearnable (due to its evolution not being able to relearn the move). No one's probably gonna use Metal Claw, but we've bred weirder moves on other pokemon before.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 10:52 am

Vote on the poll guys.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 11:34 am

I voted other under protest!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 7:52 pm

I put a poll up for the nature, but I'm going to start breeding for adamant, as it seemed like no one really objected to that.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 12:39 am

I'd just like to point out that a stab waterfall does 20 more damage on fairies than Metal Claw. That move sucks.

And did you even make a poll for Crunch vs Metal Claw? Cause if you did, it would have been great to leave it for at least a whole day since ya know, some of us are busy >.>

Last edited by Mademoiselle C on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 12:40 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
I'd just like to point out thata stab water move deals more damage on fairies than Metal Claw. That move sucks.

And did you even make a poll for Crunch vs Metal Claw? Cause if you did, it would have been great to leave it for at least a whole day since ya know, some of us are busy >.>

Sorry, it was winning like 5-1. It was a foregone conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 12:42 am

Did people even bother to look at Metal Claw's base power?? That move is beyond useless.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 12:48 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Did people even bother to look at Metal Claw's base power?? That move is beyond useless.

Indeed it is. But Crunch is a level up move for all. Doesn't make much sense to start including it now.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 1:39 am

Just for clarification, I put the speed analysis numbers up there for you. Vote cancelling is allowed, so feel free to do so if you are so inclined.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 12:21 am

I actually flip flopped on the nature. Adamant was better with the SD set, but with Sheer Force, I think maybe not running Aqua Jet and instead running a move like Crunch for coverage is a better move, that way Life Orb never damages it. Couple that with the large swath of Pokemon that it outspeeds with Jolly, I have actually gone to Jolly.

I should add that I am going to leave this up for a little while longer, I'll start breeding it tomorrow, probably at lunch. So if you haven't voted, vote now. Honestly, they're both good natures, and it's really just a toss up as to which set is better. SD used to be, and I think DD has taken the edge with the Sheer Force release.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 12:58 pm

Alright, the poll has been up for almost two days now, and I have lunchtime now, so it looks like Jolly takes the win.

Either way, it's a quick breed to the other one, which is what we're looking at here: breeding one to get a short path to the other. Actually, since adamant uses aqua jet which doesn't get the sheer force boost, Torrent may work better on that anyway, making Jolly the clear cut choice here.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Alright, apparently it's a tie. I haven't actually bred the final one yet, but we need a tiebreaker or at least some good discussion.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 6:22 pm

Apparently I lied. The egg I had started from lunch is a perfect Jolly. I also have a daycare trained perfect adamant that I used to get this one, so I'll just breed both I guess since everybody seems to be busy and we'll decide which is going to be done.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:00 am

You know what, Jolly was winning when I started breeding, so that's what I'm going to go with. It's done.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:04 am

Bunselpower wrote:
You know what, Jolly was winning when I started breeding, so that's what I'm going to go with. It's done.

lol
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:32 am

[MC's stamp of approval.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Totodile    [Finished] Totodile  Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Totodile
Page 1 of 1