57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Barboach Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 4:12 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Attacker
Ability: Hydration (based on votes)
Nature: Adamant
Item: Master Ball
IV spread: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Hidden Power: aucune puissance cachée
Egg Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Spark
- Flail
- Whirlpool

Physical Attacker.

Last edited by bash678 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:45 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 4:26 pm

I think adamant is probably best. It's geared to get more than one boost, so at that point, I don't think mixed will benefit much.

I like Hydration well enough, but Oblivious is probably the better option here. It prevents Taunt on a Pokemon already immune to Thunder Wave. I guess Hydration will protect it from Status while it sets up though, so I can get down with that.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 9:31 pm

I also vote oblivious for the ability
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 10:28 pm

Oblivious is good for Taunt but Hydration still is worthwhile for Burns and 1 turn Rest wake ups if you use it in the rain.

Though in the tier its in it wont have time to use Rain Dance and would require too much support so Oblivious with a Lum Berry should work just fine but thought I'd bring up the pros for Hydration
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 10:45 pm

Agree, Hydration will get you a nice Rest wake, but running Rain Dance on it isn't an option, so you have to switch it in, which means you have 3 to 6 turns of Rain IF you switch it in right away.

I think the biggest draw of Hydration is the fact that you can't be burned while Rain is up, and apart from Taunt, it gives you a nice protection to grab some setups. All in all, being that it is the HA, it is probably worth it, as I feel like status is more common than Taunt.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 7:21 am

I put up a poll for Ability
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 6:01 pm

Technically, since Hydration is the HA, it should be on the set even if it gets only one vote. I agree that Oblivious is better, but it's possible to breed it form Hydration while the opposite isn't true, so if at least one person wants Hydration, it has to be Hydration...
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 6:29 pm

I'm fine with Hydration here, Oblivious is not THAT much better.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 4:02 pm

For EMs DD and Spark are musts.

I think Flail and Whirlpool should be the next 2. Flail b/c its the best other physical EM option it has and Whirlpool b/c I can see trapping something with Hydration and a setup option being useful.

I voted for Oblivious but feel Hydration would probably win anyways but I'm fine with that.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 5:39 pm

Edited, based on votes and suggestions for physical-based egg moves. Will get started.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 6:14 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Technically, since Hydration is the HA, it should be on the set even if it gets only one vote. I agree that Oblivious is better, but it's possible to breed it form Hydration while the opposite isn't true, so if at least one person wants Hydration, it has to be Hydration...
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 6:18 pm

I tend to agree with mc here. Hydration on Vaporeon is debatable because Water Absorb is vastly superior, to the point of making Hydration comparatively useless. But here, the usefulness is much narrower.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 11:55 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
I tend to agree with mc here. Hydration on Vaporeon is debatable because Water Absorb is vastly superior, to the point of making Hydration comparatively useless. But here, the usefulness is much narrower.

For Vaporeon, the only reason why it was ok to ditch Hydration is not because it's too inferior (Hydration clearly can be useful on Vaporeon) it's because we've already distributed HA Eevees.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 12:01 am

And there, I switched my vote to Hydration so now it's a tie and there's no reason not to breed the HA Razz
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 3:33 pm

Hydration it is.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Terminé.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Barboach   [Finished] Barboach Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Barboach
Page 1 of 1