Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
CalicoJack94
Breeder
CalicoJack94

Male

[Discussion] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 pm

Set 1 : Time flies when you're having foon
Ability: Effect Spore
Nature: Relaxed
Item: Rocky Helmet
IV spread: 31/31/31/31/31/0
Hidden Power: Ice
Egg Moves:
-Body Slam
-Endure
-Gastro Acid
-Stun Spore

Hmmm...hidden power fire is pretty poplar here, but I am open to suggestions.  Bold to take defensive hits in the doubles game, and rocky helmet is nifty when raging!

Last edited by CalicoJack94 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:05 pm

we already have a bold set, for the rebreed we need a relaxed or sassy set for doubles. Hidden power not needed according to me but idk about everyone else.
Back to top Go down
CalicoJack94
Breeder
CalicoJack94

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:13 pm

well i guess in this case i would prefer not to worry about hidden power, as it is time consuming. also added a poll for nature!
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Yeah, nature should be Relaxed (or maybe Sassy), as its entire purpose is for doubles. I don't think HP Fire is necessary, as the set typically goes Spore, Rage Powder, Giga Drain, Protect, but it couldn't hurt, so it could be useful just for coverage, but isn't necessary.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:04 pm

Go 6IV Relaxed/Sassy with 0 Speed. That way it'll technically have HP Ice which is definitely usable.

Also can we replace Gastro Acid/Endure with Rollout/Defense Curl?

Endure will likely never see use while those that know me know why I would not like Gastro Acid on there. Would help differentiate Foongus as well.

I'm sure you might have gotten a Foongus from distribution Jack but just in case you somehow do not let me know if you need to borrow one. They otherwise are really hard to get their HA b/c of hordes.
Back to top Go down
CalicoJack94
Breeder
CalicoJack94

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 7:49 am

OK, so i edited this to remove HP fire (which was not poplar) and replace it with 6 IV (as it was suggested, and why not?)

Anyone else want rollout/defense curl over gastro acid/endure?? I suppose it does not matter either way too much...

And I think i have an HA foonguss (courtesy of cmzoid), so it should not be a big problem Mr. Blue, but thank you
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 1:22 am

Like Blue said the 6IV should actually have 0 speed (31/31/31/31/31/0) for Trick Room in doubles, and that would give us HP ice.

But there's no way Gastro Acid is going anywhere, it's a freaking good move in doubles.

I don't really care about Endure, but I don't see how Rollout or Defense Curl would be any more useful. Endure can at least be used to buy a turn in doubles to force one of the opponents to target Amoongus instead of your other pokemon.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 1:29 am

But my tutor OCD...

If we can at least rid of Endure for Rollout I'd be ok. Endure is still very useless and a Rock Type move is pretty cool even though it won't see use.

Still rather situational though so I wouldnt mind if we just stick to the initial plan for easy access.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:53 pm

I think this one needs to be Effect Spore. Switching in and out is less common in Doubles and so Regenerator wouldn't be much useful. But with Rage Powder and Effect Spore, physical pokés will get (possibly) punished with paralysis or sleep or poison.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 5:21 pm

bash678 wrote:
I think this one needs to be Effect Spore. Switching in and out is less common in Doubles and so Regenerator wouldn't be much useful. But with Rage Powder and Effect Spore, physical pokés will get (possibly) punished with paralysis or sleep or poison.

^ That guy is right.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 6:19 pm

No on the move switch. By your own admission blue that would be exchanging one useless move for another. Keep the moves. And hp fire isn't necessary in doubles to my knowledge. Bash, can you confirm?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 8:57 pm

HP fire Amoongus definitely isn't a thing in doubles. Ideal set would be:

Effect Spore
Relaxed
31/31/31/31/31/0
Keep the egg moves
Back to top Go down
CalicoJack94
Breeder
CalicoJack94

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 10:22 pm

Updated, assuming there will not be a swing in voting
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 4:35 am

Bunselpower wrote:
And hp fire isn't necessary in doubles to my knowledge. Bash, can you confirm?

It's not as popular as HP Ice since HP Ice hits more Pokémon. However, it does hit Ferrothorn, which pops up from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 9:45 am

Alright, if it's agreeable to jack, I think the set Mc listed is probably the one to have.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 8:54 am

So was this a set expansion too? If so, we can forget it since there's a new shroom in town.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 2:13 pm

This shroom is still much better than the new shroom in doubles, but then again VGC 2017 is SM dex only so Amoongus is banned from it. It's been replaced with Parasect and I'm super happy about this.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 4:42 pm

Really? I didn’t know about the gen 7 only thing. That actually makes our VGC breeding much easier. And also makes this obsolete. Ill closeit when I get home.

And yes, go Parasect.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 1:43 pm

It's not exactly gen 7 only, it's basically any pokemon you can catch in SM, including earlier gen mons that are in the SM dex. And there's a born-in-Alola rule kinda like the blue pentagon thing in Kalos.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 3:38 pm

Right, I wasn't clear really, I was thinking in terms of gen 7 games, like you said, the alola born thing.

So I take it the cross/plus sign is the alola born symbol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Foongus   [Discussion] Foongus Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Foongus
Page 1 of 1