Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Charmander Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Charmander   [Finished] Charmander EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Mega-Y Special Sweeper
Ability: Solar Power
Nature: Timid
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Ancient Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Air Cutter
- Counter

Set 2 : Mega-X Dragon Dance
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Adamant
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Crunch

Progress

Finished the special set. Starting the physical one.

Last edited by Mademoiselle C on Thu May 01, 2014 1:05 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Charmander   [Finished] Charmander EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 6:16 pm

Since Flare Blitz is a level-up move for Charizard, I'm gonna suggest Belly Drum in its place. A Charmander born without Belly Drum can never learn it, a Charmander without Flare Blitz can still learn Flare Blitz.

Not having 4 egg moves irks me too >.< but yeah, a special Charizard really doesn't have much useful stuff... maybe Counter?
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Charmander   [Finished] Charmander EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 6:40 pm

May I suggest Air Cutter for MegaZard Y? This egg move can be passed down from a parent who was tutored in Gen IV.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Charmander   [Finished] Charmander EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:09 pm

^Yeah, I'm with that. It may be a worse Air Slash, but it's the only other non-physical move and moves from past gen tutors are a pain to get.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Charmander   [Finished] Charmander EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:12 pm

You could add counter as the 4th egg move for the CharY set since it kinda fits
Back to top Go down
PotatoClan
Breeder
PotatoClan

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Charmander   [Finished] Charmander EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:18 pm

People like unusual/rare moves so Air Cutter would actually increase the value of the Charmander by quite a bit. +1 for Air Cutter =p
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Charmander   [Finished] Charmander EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:37 pm

I think Air Cutter + heat wave on Zard Y is good for doubles since it hits both opponents simultaneously. If you need an Air Cutter parent, I can help you with that.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Charmander   [Finished] Charmander EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 11:42 pm

I didn't put Air Cutter because Air Slash is better, but I didn't think about doubles, and I do agree that could be useful so I'm going to add it.

I usually don't like to put too much effort into breeding for moves that I'm going to replace anyway if I'm going to use my Pokémon competitively... I wouldn't use a Charizard Y with Counter and I wouldn't use a Charizard X with Belly Drum, so I don't really see any interest into having them...

As for Flare Blitz, well, competitive Pokemon only need to be at level 50, and Charizard learns it much later than that, so that's why I thought it might be useful as an egg move.

I didn't know Charmander could learn Heat Wave as an egg move, so I'm definitely going to look into that.

Edit: I just checked and Heat Wave is not an egg move
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Charmander   [Finished] Charmander EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 6:14 am

Okay, I don't want to cause too much argument since you're the one breeding it after all :PBut I do feel that with the new heart scale mechanics (where any egg moves are added to a pokemon's relearnable movepool) it seems like a waste to pass on level-up moves. Flare Blitz is also a default heart scale move for Charizard by the looks of things, so levelling it up wouldn't be necessary. But yeah, BellyZard isn't really viable, so if no one else minds then stick with Flare Blitz I guess.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Charmander   [Finished] Charmander EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Magikarpus wrote:
Okay, I don't want to cause too much argument since you're the one breeding it after all Razz

Don't worry this is not an argument, it's a discussion (i.e. the purpose of the thread) XD It is true that it's pretty easy to get Flare Blitz, but since I think all the other egg moves are useless, I'm thinking why not? I don't have that many Heart Scales to waste Razz

If anyone plans on using Belly Drum Charizard (or has another suggestion for an egg move), say it now. Tomorrow night, if nobody has spoken, I will start breeding the Charmander with Flare Blitz!

By the way, it turns out I can have a parent with Counter so I'm going to add it to the special set even if I think it's not very useful. (I would probably use Flamethrower, Solar Beam, Air Slash and Dragon Pulse)
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Charmander   [Finished] Charmander EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Finished the special set. Starting the physical one.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Charmander   [Finished] Charmander EmptyThu May 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Done!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Charmander   [Finished] Charmander Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Charmander
Page 1 of 1