cmzoid
dobinrules
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Poochyena Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:26 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Offensive
Ability: Rattled
Nature: Adamant
Item: Black Glasses
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Thunder Fang
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang
- Play Rough

Progress
Done

Last edited by ed819 on Mon May 05, 2014 9:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:11 pm

If there are no objections to the proposed set, I'll start breeding this tomorrow
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 6:11 am

I'd maybe suggest poison fang in place of fire or ice fang, I don't see it needing both of them and poison fang will help massively with fairies. There is even a possibility for a Yawn set on Mightyena as well, even though it's not particularly bulky. Just an option, but poison fang I think is definitely needed
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 6:30 am

^Poison Fang is crazy weak, a neutral Play Rough hits almost as hard. And between Sucker Punch and Play Rough it can hit almost everything for neutral damage anyways:

http://pokemondb.net/tools/type-coverage

I like the OP set the way it is, +1
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 6:35 am

I agree it is weak but from use it's still pretty handy. I'm happy with the set just thought PF might help. I wish it still got Iron Tail Sad
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 6:42 am

I can replace thunder fang with poison fang. I think thunder fang's the most useless of the three.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:46 am

I totally prefer Thunder Fang Neutral Well, only one thing for it. Poll time!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:52 am

I don't think a non STAB base 50 poison move with 10 chance to poison is ever worth it. The only thing you hit harder than the fangs is Whimsicott, one Pokemon that usually doesn't even run attack. Poison is terrible coverage while sitting next to ice.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:57 am

To be fair though, the elemental fangs are not very good to begin with.
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:00 am

ed819 wrote:
To be fair though, the elemental fangs are not very good to begin with.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this haha. But they are really needed here for coverage I guess
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:04 am

To be even fairer, I don't think this pokemon is gonna tear up too many tournaments as is, fangs or no.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:05 am

You say that, but watch as it gets a mega with an ability that doubles the BP of fang attacks next gen >_>
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:07 am

Magikarpus wrote:
You say that, but watch as it gets a mega with an ability that doubles the BP of fang attacks next gen >_>

That would be hilarious!
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 6:47 pm

Since thunder fang seems to be winning the poll, can I get started on this?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:43 pm

I'm in, get the leaders approval.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:52 pm

You have my [Finished] Poochyena Seel of approval.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Magikarpus wrote:
You have my [Finished] Poochyena Seelof approval.

That is just horrible lol
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 8:02 pm

What [Finished] Poochyena Dewgongto do about it?
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 8:04 pm

I lol'd. I'll change this to In Progress then
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Got 2 perfect 5IVs on my 1st batch of eggs. Moving on to my next pokemon
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:23 pm

Nicely done. Just as a warning, I'm planning to do bisharp, I just can't format quickly. So I didn't want an awkward situation, setting as we both got insanely lucky and are done.

If you were planning on it, let me know, I can do something else.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:24 pm

No worries, I'm planning to do Pancham
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:32 pm

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:51 pm

Do you have the pokemon bred and finished up? To speed up the distribution process, we will be collecting the completed pokemon as they get finished, so let's coordinate the transfer of this pokemon over to me (or any cloner) at your nearest convenience. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Poochyena   [Finished] Poochyena Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Poochyena
Page 1 of 1