Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Houndour Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Final Sets:
Special Sweeper

Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
IV Spread: 31/1/30/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Grass
Egg Moves:
Pursuit
Sucker Punch
Reversal
Destiny Bond

Mixed Sweeper

Nature: Hasty
IV Spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: N/A
Egg Moves:
Pursuit
Sucker Punch
Reversal
Destiny Bond

Last edited by cmzoid on Thu May 01, 2014 12:57 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 9:32 pm

I accidentally sent it before I figured out how to get the image... does anyone know how to do that? And can I fix it at this point?
Back to top Go down
PotatoClan
Breeder
PotatoClan

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 9:33 pm

I have a Houndour with 5 IV and Sucker Punch, Destiny Bond, Counter and Nasty Plot if you'd like ^_^
Back to top Go down
PotatoClan
Breeder
PotatoClan

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Put the URL instead of URL TO AN IMAGE OF THE POKEMON
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 9:38 pm

For a non-Mega Houndoom (just regular), would Unnerve be a viable ability?
Back to top Go down
PotatoClan
Breeder
PotatoClan

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 9:39 pm

The only thing I'd see it to be very effective against are Harvest Berry spammers, which are not very common safe Trevenant
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 9:42 pm

bash678 wrote:
For a non-Mega Houndoom (just regular), would Unnerve be a viable ability?

I wish, as I like hidden ability breeding, but it would be very situational sadly Sad
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 11:36 pm

I just realized Houndour and Houndoom learn Nasty Plot via leveling up, so I'll likely change the egg move... though I have no idea what egg moves to pick at this point. Other than Pursuit and Sucker Punch, I don't have a preference, so what does anyone else think?
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 6:25 am

I'm definitely with Destiny Bond for the 4th move slot. It's a great "screw you" move, especially coming off base 115 speed. The rest seems fine too given his relatively barren list of useful egg moves Razz
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 5:49 pm

I'm going to start. I think I'm going for a sort of hybrid combo between the two sets, electing to focus on the special attack rather than attack, but realizing that for most teams, there are just better mega-evolution options. So instead of assuming sunny day is always in play, I'm going to try to breed for HP Grass, to give multiple options in that regard. The set is something like this:

Nature: Timid
IV Spread: 31/X*/30/30/31/31 (ideal) *Odd
Move 1: Sucker Punch
Move 2: Pursuit
Move 3: Destiny Bond
Move 4: Reversal

The reason I'm not including Nasty Plot is because Houndoom actually learns it. For the most part, it would be a special attacker, and thus Pursuit and Sucker Punch don't have a ton of use, and Reversal is more or less a throwaway, but available egg moves for Houndour are fairly useless. The "final" set would likely look something like:

Move 1: Nasty Plot/Sunny Day
Move 2: Fire Blast
Move 3: Dark Pulse
Move 4: HP Grass/Solar Beam

I'm going to start to sketch the egg moves onto Smeargle to basically be lazy about it, but I have the HP Grass Ditto, so it should be fairly smooth sailing at this point.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'm open to them.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Just a quick question. Am I being stupid for trying to get a 31/0/31/30/31/31 spread? I'm definitely not taking the optimal approach, having a 31/0/X/X/31/31 Houndoom breed for a 31/0/30/30/31/31 ditto... might take a bit... but I'll also stop if I get the 31/X/30/30/31/31 spread.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 2:27 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Just a quick question. Am I being stupid for trying to get a 31/0/31/30/31/31 spread? I'm definitely not taking the optimal approach, having a 31/0/X/X/31/31 Houndoom breed for a 31/0/30/30/31/31 ditto... might take a bit... but I'll also stop if I get the 31/X/30/30/31/31 spread.

Actually, yes, this is won't work at all. I just did a rough estimate, and figured out it'd take 100s of eggs. Good thing I realized it only a few eggs in... the 31/X/30/30/31/31 spread is still very obtainable though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 3:25 pm

Getting 31/0/31/30/31/31 spread is nuts, but getting the same spread with the attack as even is very doable. You don't need attack to be 0, just an even number. That's what I did on the Numel I bred, I just made sure of every stat but attack, and 50 percent of the time the attack was even, and an hp grass Numel was born.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 4:56 pm

I just hatched a 31/1/30/30/31/31 Houndour, so I think that I'll call it here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour EmptyThu May 01, 2014 12:59 am

Due to a conversation in the chat, I added back in the mixed sweeper set. I've also finished this one. Huzzah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Houndour   [Finished] Houndour Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Houndour
Page 1 of 1