Sephiroth0327
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Aerodactyls13
Breeder
Aerodactyls13

Female

[Finished] Misdreavus Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 4:39 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Nasty Plot
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Item:  Life Orb
IV spread: 30/30/31/30/30/30
Hidden Power: Fighting
Egg Moves:
- Nasty Plot
-Ominous Wind
-Destiny Bond
- Curse

*Will send with Dusk Stone to Evolve*

Set 2 : Bold and Bulky
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
Item:  Eviolite
IV spread: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: None
Egg Moves:
- Nasty Plot
- Ominous Wind
- Curse
- Destiny Bond
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/misdreavus

Quickly set up a Nasty plot and then use it to mismagius' advantage. The only necessary egg move is Nasty Plot, so any suggestions would be great Smile

Progress

Set 1 is complete: B1 - 1,4 - Misdreavus (F) - Timid - Levitate - 30.30.31.30.30.30
Set 2 is complete: B1 - 1,5 - Misdreavus (F) - Bold - Levitate - 31.09.31.31.31.31

Last edited by Aerodactyls13 on Wed May 07, 2014 10:41 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth0327
Breeder
Sephiroth0327

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 4:47 pm

This looks good to me - though we should stick some other Egg Moves in there to round it out. Even if they won't get used...you never know if someone will want them. I would suggest Destiny Bond and Curse or maybe Skill Swap for lulz?
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forums Smile Thanks for posting a set. This looks good. Seconding Destiny Bond as an option since Mismagius is pretty fast. But yeah Nasty Plot is the only important one.
Back to top Go down
Aerodactyls13
Breeder
Aerodactyls13

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 4:55 pm

will be sure to add Destiny Bond! Smile

Thank you guys for your input!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:12 pm

Curse is actually more viable than it looks, more so on Trevenant, but with pain split, an Eviolite Misdreavus could pull it off. It goes through protect and is baton passed.

I suggest the addition of a bold defensive set either way, it's really bulky.
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:16 pm

I think the only other really usable egg move left would be Skill Swap. Wonder Room can make for a great gimmick set though and a particularly effective against Blissey
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:20 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Curse is actually more viable than it looks, more so on Trevenant, but with pain split, an Eviolite Misdreavus could pull it off. It goes through protect and is baton passed.

I suggest the addition of a bold defensive set either way, it's really bulky.

At first I was like "u srs?" then I checked and it reaches 360 defence with full investment + eviolite... not bad. Although Knock Off is kind of a thing now so IDK if it would be as good. But I'm now in favour of this and the egg moves Nasty Plot/ Ominous Wind/ Curse/ Destiny Bond
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:24 pm

I actually saw it in a vgc final last year, and it just kept taking hits. And yeah, knock off is a thing, but there are ways around it. Anyway, it's not like it's gonna take super effective hits for days, but in the lower tiers where knock off isn't as common, this thing could really do well.
Back to top Go down
Aerodactyls13
Breeder
Aerodactyls13

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:24 pm

Alright, I've updated the set, is the bold one what you were thinking? Or did I mess that up? Smile
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:27 pm

Nope, that's right. And this way, all you have to do is just change the nature.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:28 pm

Although, if you're going to breed for hp on the other set, feel free to ignore my suggestions that are going to make your life harder. XD I didn't mean to pile that on.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:29 pm

Hmm I have another minor suggestion - you could attach a Dusk Stone for the first set so we can evolve it (I imagine we'll all have plenty of Life Orbs once this is done)
Back to top Go down
Aerodactyls13
Breeder
Aerodactyls13

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Nope, that's right. And this way, all you have to do is just change the nature.

So then should I keep it as HP fighting? Or use the iv's I specified above? 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Back to top Go down
Aerodactyls13
Breeder
Aerodactyls13

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Magikarpus wrote:
Hmm I have another minor suggestion - you could attach a Dusk Stone for the first set so we can evolve it (I imagine we'll all have plenty of Life Orbs once this is done)

Yes of course Smile I was just posting the set and item to be run on it.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:37 pm

I didn't pay attention to the fact that the first one was hp fighting. Sorry about that. I just assumed it was regular 5 IV's. It's up to you. Is a niche set that I've found in my obsession with competitive, but it's not mainstream at all, so it's perfectly fine to leave it as one set.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 6:31 pm

Just a though though: you can't attach both Life Orb and Dusk Stone...
Back to top Go down
Aerodactyls13
Breeder
Aerodactyls13

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyMon May 05, 2014 6:41 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Just a though though: you can't attach both Life Orb and Dusk Stone...

I was posting life orb as what it should be run with, and it was suggested that I attach a dusk stone instead of the life orb since there will be many of those to go around, so it will not be sent with a life orb.
Back to top Go down
Aerodactyls13
Breeder
Aerodactyls13

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyTue May 06, 2014 2:39 pm

Well the other thing I could do is evolve it myself and trade it holding a life orb, would that be something people would want?
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyTue May 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Evolving it too early would make it miss out on some level up moves. I would recommend attaching the stone, since it's harder to obtain than a life orb.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Well... I think I choose the wrong option when I went to vote. I intended to pick the first one, don't think I did. My new vote goes for the Nasty Plot set.

Also, I agree that the stone should be attacked rather than the life orb, as I hate the super training battles you need to do to get more dusk stones... I mean... for what people said above Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aerodactyls13
Breeder
Aerodactyls13

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyTue May 06, 2014 10:49 pm

Okay, so if I do attach something to it, it'll most likely be the dusk stone since that is the rarer of the items suggested. Thanks for the input.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyWed May 07, 2014 3:17 am

*Insert intelligent and insightful comment here*
Back to top Go down
Aerodactyls13
Breeder
Aerodactyls13

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:44 am

B1 - 1,1 - Misdreavus (F) - Timid - Levitate - 30.30.31.16.30.30 [1200] whoo, got a shiny before a perfect haha, but well on the way to a perfect! :)Will keep you all updated.

(Also I'm breeding both the Nasty Plot set and the 5iv Bold and Bulky for now)
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:50 pm

Do you have the pokemon bred and finished up? To speed up the distribution process, we will be collecting the completed pokemon as they get finished, so let's coordinate the transfer of this pokemon over to me (or any cloner) at your nearest convenience. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptyTue May 13, 2014 10:18 am

Just a second reminder to let me know when you're available so that I can get this off of you for distribution! Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Aerodactyls13
Breeder
Aerodactyls13

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:14 pm

Sorry for being inactive. If it's necessary, please feel free to have someone else take over this project. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptySat May 17, 2014 2:13 pm

But you have it listed as finished? I'm confused as to why we would have somebody take over misdreavus if you have it completed.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptySat May 17, 2014 6:29 pm

I think she means she's bowing out? She just posted it to both her pokes to make sure we know. The exact same thing was posted on her other one.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptySat May 17, 2014 6:37 pm

It would have been nice to be a little more precise... <. <
"If it's necessary" makes it sound like she's going to do it but we can ask someone else to do it instead if we want it done quicker. But the messages do sound like she's leaving.
So now I guess we have to wait until she comes back to tell us what she meant.
I have a feeling we won't be starting the distribution and the next type on monday... o.o

Last edited by Mademoiselle C on Sun May 18, 2014 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptySat May 17, 2014 8:11 pm

Ask Sephiroth to ask her, he's the connection anyway. That would be the best course of action. I just thought that's what it meant because it was in Cyan.

But if she's just like away or something for a while, that's understandable, that happens to all of us, she doesn't have to leave because of that.

Except cmzoid.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptySat May 17, 2014 9:28 pm

Perhaps we can also ask Sephiroth to enquire about dobinrules, whether or not he has finished Deino. If I'm not mistaken, they belong to the same guild on Gamefaqs so it's safe to assume they could be in touch.

They might probably just be busy with real life stuff.

There is no rush but in the interest of moving forward with the project and the next type, I can shoulder the Sandile and have it ready in time for the next planned clone distribution if need be.

But we should wait first for a definite answer.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptySun May 18, 2014 7:27 am

For dobin I already know what's happening, Sephiroth told me a while ago. He's having health issues so he won't be doing the distribution as a cloner for this turn, but I was planning to still have him do his breeding when he'd be feeling better... but I think I'll ask Seph for an update because if that's not happening anytime soon we'll have to get someone else to do it (and make a "big virtual group hug" thread to wish him to get well soon).

As for Aero, I asked Seph yesterday and he said she's busy with real life stuff so someone can take over for now. But he was in a rush and had to get off the chat so I couldn't ask for more details. But I guess we'll just assume that we need someone else to breed her pokemon for now and then maybe she'll join back later for another type.
I'd like to know if a cloner already got her Misdreavus though? If no one has, it would be cool if she had 2 minutes to send it. Otherwise we'll have to re-breed that one too...
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptySun May 18, 2014 9:23 am

I hope it's not serious and he gets well soon. We all wish him a good recovery.

I can take over the Sandile. For Misdreavus, I think it's already finished. We just need to get a copy of it. Otherwise, we'll have to find a breeder for it.
Back to top Go down
ugotmybeef
Breeder
ugotmybeef

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptySun May 18, 2014 10:23 am

If somebody needs me to do this. I can. I already bred the HP Fighting Misdreavus up there already with the same eggs moves (31/x/30/30/30/30/30) in a moon ball and I can probably get that 5 iv done fairly quickly.
Back to top Go down
Aerodactyls13
Breeder
Aerodactyls13

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptySun May 18, 2014 10:57 am

Alright, wow... sorry for the "scare". I have been busy with real life issues and haven't had much time to breed and every time I hop on here I always miss people to hand off my pokes to. I managed to stay up last night and got the sandile bred, so hopefully I can catch Seph sometime today to hand off my pokemon.

The entire reason I offered to let someone else to it was because I wasn't sure if I was holding the group back... which apparently I was. I thought that we had plenty of time to get our pokemon to a cloner, and I just kept missing a good time to trade my misdreavus with Seph. So my bad Sad hopefully I didn't hinder the group, I apologize for not being "precise" enough in my messages.

Also -- I'm terrible and don't have a dusk stone Sad
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus EmptySun May 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Hey there Areo, I'm glad you had time to drop by, don't worry about "holding the group back" or anything, I too only managed to finish breeding yesterday. Maybe my post sounded harsh, idk, I have no sense of diplomacy at all, but I didn't mean to make you feel bad, I was just wondering what was happening. Thanks for clarifying and also for taking the time to finish breeding. And don't worry about the dusk stone, I'm sure one of the other cloners has one. I didn't have a Tyranitarite so bouncer attached hers to the Larvitar.

Talking about cloning, do you think you have time to trade with the other cloners to get a copy of every poke and help with the distribution? If you can (and want to) do it, go ahead, but if not, just let us know, cause with dobin not being with us anymore, it's just bouncer, csi, dragon and you now, so if you prefer not to do the distribution, we'll need Sephiroth to take your place for this round. You're still going to get your copies of course but you won't have to do the distribution if you're too busy. And you can still jump in whenever you want for the next types.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Misdreavus   [Finished] Misdreavus Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Misdreavus
Page 1 of 1