ed819
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:15 am

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : The only set you'll ever need
Ability: Doesn't Matter
Nature: Jolly
Item: Razor Claw
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
-Ice Punch
-Icicle Crash
-Fake Out
-Pursuit

Honestly, Ice Punch is better than Icicle Crash, if someone wants me to, I can include Punishment? But that seems even less useful and more situational. If people are going to boost, they're going to boost speed or defense, and that kinda ruins Punishment.

I love Sneasel, it's one of my favorites, and a great pokemon to use. Knock off makes it better, but it still has more than enough options to function in a pre-Poke Bank environment.

Progress

Done!

Last edited by Bunselpower on Mon May 05, 2014 9:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:20 am

Egg moves look good to me
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:34 am

I'd maybe consider getting Ice Shard in there somewhere for priority but with Weaviles speed it's not 100% necessary, but it does help. That's all I can really add
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:37 am

Oh, I didn't realize that weavile doesn't learn ice shard through level up. Yeah, I think replace either ice punch or icicle crash with ice shard
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:38 am

Ice Shard is level up for Sneasel, level 47. And you should always run Ice Shard. XD
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:43 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Honestly, Ice Punch is better than Icicle Crash

No way. :PThat accuracy drop may not be nice but Weavile really appreciates a STAB that actually has a decent BP... and the flinch chance is nice given how fast it is. Regardless I say include both anyways so people have the choice.

Good set, +1
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:49 am

Maybe. But relying on that flinch chance is shaky at best. I've always found trading 10 accuracy for 10 power isn't usually worth it. Waterfall vs. Aqua Tail. But that's why I run two sets, for different strategies. A traditional set and a fake out flinch set. Thanks for the support. Let me know when to start, can't start till tonight anyway, gotta get to bank to get those moves.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Does anyone care what the ability is? I think pickpocket is even more useless than pressure, because Weavile isn't taking any hits, and you run life orb with this guy anyway. So unless I hear a really good reason for pickpocket, I'm gonna stick with the regular abilities that turn into pressure. At least it makes the Terrakion that kills you use two stone edge PP.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 12:09 pm

Pickpocket has its uses with Focus Sash. Take the hit, break the sash, steal their item. It's like a crappy substitute for Knock Off basically.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 12:19 pm

Yeah, I don't know, that set sounds like a very, very situational means to an end. Not too mention, you kinda lose a lot of power if you don't end up taking a life orb or band. Plus any entry hazards completely ruin that. It comes down to the question, is removing one pokemon's item at the cost of a very potent cleaner worth it? Don't forget, that hit has to OHKO you.

If others see it as viable, I'll toss it on.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 12:24 pm

Also if you steal a LO you're dead next time you attack. I said it was crappy...

Stick to Pressure, esp. since that 2 PP you mentioned will be 4 because Stone Edge always misses.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 12:28 pm

That and focus blast, close combat as well, just thought of those. The moves that will beat this thing are low PP moves. I really wish it got tough claws, it makes sense and wouldn't over power ice shard.

And I never disagreed with it being crappy... lol
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 12:29 pm

Just realized, I'll probably have this thing done before I get home, lunch is coming up, and I know where all the egg moves are.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 12:42 pm

I know it's quick, but this one seems pretty cut and dried. If there aren't any objections, I'm gonna go ahead with this one.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth0327
Breeder
Sephiroth0327

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 1:30 pm

Uh oh - I'm gonna tell MC!!!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 1:34 pm

Don't you even.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:43 pm

Mademoiselle and Magikarpus, if you don't have objections, I'd like to get started.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:51 pm

I just realized what your signature thing is paraphrasing Bunsel Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 8:55 pm

Alright, let the breeding begin! I'll update the thread momentarily!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:10 pm

So...I had three egg moves on a Sneasel and icicle crash on a random non IV'd Beartic. And the second egg produced a perfect 5 IV.

Um, I guess I'll choose another one then, this one's done!
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:51 pm

Do you have the pokemon bred and finished up? To speed up the distribution process, we will be collecting the completed pokemon as they get finished, so let's coordinate the transfer of this pokemon over to me (or any cloner) at your nearest convenience.  Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Sneasel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sneasel   [Finished] Sneasel Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Sneasel
Page 1 of 1