PotatoClan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Proposed Set

Set 1 : Little Drummer Boy
Ability: Huge Power
Nature: Adamant
Item: Choice Band
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
-Aqua Jet
-Body Slam
-Belly Drum
-Perish Song
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:14 pm

Perish Song. There's a defensive set with Sap Sipper floating around that's really effective, I think it uses that. Idk.

Also, I'm naming the set "Little Drummer Boy". It's better that way.
Back to top Go down
PotatoClan
Breeder
PotatoClan

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:17 pm

No point in running Jolly Azumarill. The only things it can out speed are not worth out speeding because of how tanky it likely is. (EDIT: It refers to whatever you're attempting to out speed)

I'd say Choice Band but only because of its rarity compared to a Sitrus Berry. You can literally walk over to a tree and press A if you want the Sitrus as opposed to BP farming 48 points for a Band.

I'd say Refresh because it can't really trap a Pokemon in and if you want a set up move, you'll most likely be using Belly Drum. Refresh could at least heal your burn xP

Last edited by PotatoClan on Fri May 23, 2014 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Adamant nature is better for the huge power boost
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:23 pm

If interested I can get you a Marill to use in a Lure Ball?

Was gonna breed one myself anyways so figured why not give it to you?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:27 pm

PotatoClan wrote:
No point in running Jolly Azumarill. The only things it can out speed are not worth out speeding because of how tanky it likely is. (EDIT: It refers to whatever you're attempting to out speed)

I'd say Choice Band but only because of its rarity compared to a Sitrus Berry. You can literally walk over to a tree and press A if you want the Sitrus as opposed to BP farming 48 points for a Band.

I'd say Refresh because it can't really trap a Pokemon in and if you want a set up move, you'll most likely be using Belly Drum. Refresh could at least heal your burn xP

This lol
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptySat May 24, 2014 6:29 am

I really like Azumarill Very Happy and i agree that it's way too slow to invest in speed (all hail Aqua Tail). Iv'e never used the Choice Band set, but maybe it would be better to put one on it (for reasons stated by Potato Clan), even though i'd probably just put a sitrus berry on it for my usage when the project is over lol. The only suggestion i'd make is Camouflage (it could confuse opponents who think azumarill is still water type) although if i recall, online it changes the type to normal as it's within a building? If so then i'd just go with refresh(also for reasons stated by Potato Clan) or maybe Perish Song(basically forces a switch out sooner or later by both teams in case you're struggling with a certain pokemon).
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptySun May 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Last move: Superpower.

And adamant.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptySun May 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:

And adamant.

It gets Super Power by Level Up.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptySun May 25, 2014 4:30 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Mademoiselle C wrote:

And adamant.

It does (i don't think we'd leave it out otherwise) at level 42 (as azumarill).
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptySun May 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Mademoiselle C wrote:

And adamant.

It does (i don't think we'd leave it out otherwise) at level 42 (as azumarill).

Not even worth it at a high level (if that's what you meant) as you have to get it to Lv 50 anyways for Play Rough.

Should be:

Aqua Jet
Belly Drum
Perish Song
Amnesia/Refresh/Body Slam/Camoflauge

I'd go Amnesia since idk if it gets any other Psychic type moves. You probably wont use any of them anyways but it just makes its movepool more "colorful"
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:17 am

Right, it learns it by level up, but I always wonder what's the use of teaching it another useless egg move if everybody is going to replace it with Superpower anyway. But well, since everybody seems so stubborn on always having 4 non-level-up moves, I say:

Aqua Jet, Belly Drum, Perish Song, Body Slam
Adamant
Choice Band

I would use Sitrus Berry over Choice Band, but Choice Band is harder to come by in the game so I'd rather have a spare Choice Band to attach to my other pokes and use one of my own Sitrus berries XD
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:22 am

Mademoiselle's set is the best imo. Those will be the most used moves. Perish song, although it seems situational, can keep dragons from setting up and baton pass teams from running rampant on a defensive set.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyTue May 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi Magikarpus, after a long hunt for the 1% wild encounter Marill in HG and the disappointment in finding a male I managed to Lure Ball a female Marill. Let me know if you want to use it for breeding this. Will even add some IVs just really want to get a Marill in this as your breeding one I was planning to breed for a team of mine and I wanted it in this ball.

Though if you do want it if the Marill you distribute isn't female I would appreciate a female reject so I don't have to sufferr trying to reball this gain.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyTue May 27, 2014 6:12 pm

I'd actually quite like one in a Lure Ball too Very Happy but yeah i agree with what Miss C suggested! It looks best. Also, like BlueDryBones said, you get Play Rough at level 50 and it's the main fairy Stab option for azumarill so you'd be getting Superpower anyway. I don't think they're useless Egg moves either though, like with vullaby, we did roost despite it getting another egg move, because it was just a plain stupid egg move.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyThu May 29, 2014 6:02 pm

I am happy to do the Ms C set. And I will do the Lure Ball, sure, although I would appreciate a few IVs if possible. I'm kinda short on time lately, you may have noticed. Razz
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyThu May 29, 2014 6:57 pm

Its ready whenever you need it. Just let me know when ready to trade and if I'm not on let me know what you put on the GTS for a Lv 1-10 Female Marill w/ my username as the message.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyFri May 30, 2014 6:51 am

Put up a level 6 female jigglypuff.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 1:48 pm

Hey Karp what's happening to you?

Will you breed that Marill already??
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 11:01 am

Hey, I have one just like that. It just isn't in a lure ball. If he doesn't appear soon, I can breed one with the ball.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 11:17 am

rafakp wrote:
Hey, I have one just like that. It just isn't in a lure ball. If he doesn't appear soon, I can breed one with the ball.

I have an extra of the Lure Ball laying around if that's the case. If it turns out to be let me know when you want it.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 11:19 am

He's the one who came up with the idea of this project, he's been busy lately but idk, it's weird that he hasn't showed up at all in like a week.

If he hasn't showed up yet when all the other pokemon are finished, we can use yours. And the ball isn't necessary, if it's this exact set and is untouched, you won't need to breed it, we'll just clone the one you have.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 11:21 am

Yeah, at this point it's fine how it is if you already have it. Big help if you do too.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 12:31 pm

Yeah, it's untouched and has the exact set. Alright
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 2:05 pm

I'm going to mark this as finished and you can send yours to a cloner, rafa
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 3:08 pm

Alright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Marill Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Marill   [Finished] Marill Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Marill
Page 1 of 1