10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PotatoClan
Breeder
PotatoClan

Male

[Finished] Bulbasaur Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Modest Chloro-sweeper
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Modest
Item: Black Sludge/Life Orb/Leftovers
IV spread: 31/0/31/30/31/30 (0 is just ideal)
Hidden Power: Fire
Egg Moves:
-Giga Drain
-Leaf Storm
-Ingrain
-Amnesia

A fearsome sweeper in the sunlight despite the weather nerf. Venusaur can hit very hard and quickly with only one turn of set up (Growth).  

Set 2 : Calm Mega-Tank
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Calm
Item: Venusaurite
IV spread: 31/0/31/31/31/31 (0 is just ideal)
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
-Giga Drain
-Leaf Storm
-Ingrain
-Amnesia

Mega-Venusaur is equally annoying and useful. Many people have been victimized by its astounding defenses, most especially when you cannot hit it with a super-effective move.

Last edited by PotatoClan on Sun May 25, 2014 9:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:12 pm

HP Fire. Works great in conjunction with the sun.
Back to top Go down
Paintballers
Breeder
Paintballers

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:15 pm

Petal dance or magical leaf for the last move?
Back to top Go down
PotatoClan
Breeder
PotatoClan

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
HP Fire. Works great in conjunction with the sun.

On which set? Both of them?
Back to top Go down
PotatoClan
Breeder
PotatoClan

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:24 pm

@Paintballers
I was positive it learnt Petal Dance via level up... I'll put that up right now =]
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:25 pm

I agree with HP Fire, specifically for the first set.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:27 pm

I think relaxed is a better nature for M-venusaur since I normally run it with EQ. Power whip's a good egg move for the last slot.

Also, I agree with breeding it with hp fire.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Petal dance is a level up move. Venusaur learns it at level 32
Back to top Go down
PotatoClan
Breeder
PotatoClan

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:31 pm

Oh. I was right >Very Happy So Magical Leaf for last slot?
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:34 pm

Power whip! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyFri May 23, 2014 8:33 pm

ed819 wrote:
Power whip! Smile

Actually, there's a Jolly Mega Venusaur that does some serious work with Power Whip and EQ. SD and Synthesis to round it out. I run that one.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:33 am

I think the mega set should get Amnesia instead of Magical Leaf.

Other than that everything seems fine.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptySat May 31, 2014 2:06 pm

Hey there, still alive?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:36 pm

If Potato hasn't showed up yet next weekend, someone else is going to take over.
Back to top Go down
bouncer2085
Breeder
bouncer2085

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
If Potato hasn't showed up yet next weekend, someone else is going to take over.

If somebody else needs to breed it, I nominate Bunsel. Give him another hp fire to deal with. A fitting punishment for still breeding his first Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 10:14 pm

It should be easier for bunsel since Oddish and Bulbasaur belong to the same egg group.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 11:19 pm

bouncer2085 wrote:
Mademoiselle C wrote:

If somebody else needs to breed it, I nominate Bunsel. Give him another hp fire to deal with. A fitting punishment for still breeding his first Very Happy

I second this
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 11:24 pm

I will kill you all.
Back to top Go down
bouncer2085
Breeder
bouncer2085

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 12:00 am

Bunselpower wrote:
I will kill you all.

Oh no!  pale 
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 12:04 am

Bunselpower wrote:
I will kill you all.

*Takes cover*
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:34 pm

Alright, how are we going to do this? Do we give Potato a little more time? He was really involved, I find it hard to believe he would just vanish like that.

In any case, I guess I'll start breeding this thing up. I'll at least collect egg moves.

EDIT: After an enlightening chat with ed and zoid, I realized that Potato is in high school, and I'm betting this is his finals week. I'm going to give him a little more time, we're not in a hurry here.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 3:24 am

My exams start in two or three weeks ;w; and i can't get a 6IV swirlix with the right nature. :/

Not to mention i have three exams spread out through the next three weeks anyway
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:05 am

Potato lives in Montreal like me and the high school finals here are usually in the 2nd half of June so I don't think so. But like I said we'll wait until the weekend (sunday)
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:08 am

Also would like to remind everyone that this project started in my finals weeks. I had to build the forum structure, design, organize everything to make the project possible and take care of the fire type during my finals weeks. So you guys are sissies. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 9:05 am

Oh I never said Patti want a complete pansy. But not everyone is as brilliant and multi-talented as you.

When so you guys start school again in the fall? You go through June?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 9:55 am

High school usually finishes around june 20, and starts again at the end of august, and there's about 2 weeks and a half off for christmas... and spring break in march.

College has better schedules.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 10:14 am

Wow. I mean, the summer is probably why America sucks at school, that and the destruction of the family and parenting, but I usually got a full 3 months of summer. Although I guess baseball isn't as big a deal up there.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 10:23 am

Yeah, in high school, my general average was always above 90%. In college, I have 4 months vacation in summer and my grades took a HUGE drop... but that might just be engineering school XD
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 10:26 am

Engineering school just continues to ramp up as you go. I always had good grades even with the big summer, I mean I'm pretty smart, but the biggest help is I have really good recall. Which made me lazy and I never studied enough.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 1:07 pm

So, Bunsel, do you actually want to breed Bulbasaur AND Deino?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 1:19 pm

Not really, I was gonna wait for bulb and see if potato came back. I was just gonna do deino because I doubt it'll be that hard. But I can probably get deino done today, so I may be able to do both if need be.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 1:30 pm

Don't worry about Bulba for now, at least until sunday. You can do Deino. And if sunday Potato hasn't showed up yet we'll see if you feel like doing it or if we ask someone else.

2 HP pokemon in one round is a torture I don't really want to inflict on anyone.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Especially after that demon spawn Oddish.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm bored... can I take it? If yes, were you planning on doing both sets?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:02 pm

You can take it after Saturday or Sunday. We need to give Potato until this weekend to respond. It's odd for him to leave so abruptly, he was very involved. He's gotta be busy.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:04 pm

alright
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:05 pm

Hey, do you want to battle? I just realized that I battle you next.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:07 pm

Me?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:10 pm

I'm a huge liar and you should never pay attention to the ignorant things I say.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:13 pm

I went running to see the brackets  tongue  I hadn't even asked to be in the tournament lol
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:14 pm

Yeah, I'm an idiot, sorry. You and GClaws are new, I mixed you up.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 11:41 pm

Can I start breeding these?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 1:05 am

I think so. I don't see any problem with it at this point. He and Magikarpus were two original members, both very involved, and they vanished into thin air. I know they didn't just leave (Magikarpus was the one that came up with this project), but they will understand that we need to keep it moving. I just hope they're ok.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 1:23 am

Bunselpower wrote:
I think so. I don't see any problem with it at this point. He and Magikarpus were two original members, both very involved, and they vanished into thin air. I know they didn't just leave (Magikarpus was the one that came up with this project), but they will understand that we need to keep it moving. I just hope they're ok.

Yeah... it is strange that they both vanished. Hope it's just being away and they'll be back soon, as they were both very active (not to mention one being our "founder") But I agree that we do have to move on, and they are sure to understand we can't just keep waiting.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 7:38 am

I'm never asking to be in another tournament again lol. I'm not a battler XD
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 12:02 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
I'm never asking to be in another tournament again lol. I'm not a battler XD

Sure you will Very Happy Even if you don't know it yet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Do they need to have 0 attack iv?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 12:49 pm

rafakp wrote:
Do they need to have 0 attack iv?

No, it just is "ideal". The HP Fire foongus I bred had a 30... which is basically the exact opposite end of the spectrum...
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 1:59 pm

Damn... I just oversaw that it was meant to be chlorophyll lol lucky me I just finished the egg moves... anyone with chlorophyll bulba?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 2:02 pm

I have a Chlorophyll Venusaur I can lend you if you give it back to me afterwards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Bulbasaur   [Finished] Bulbasaur Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Bulbasaur
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next