Bunselpower
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:45 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Special Offensive King
Ability: Hustle (Sheer Force)
Nature: Timid
Item: Moon Stone
IV spread: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Disable
- Venom Drench
- Iron Tail
- Sucker Punch

If a special offensive Nidoking is used, I'm pretty sure all of these egg moves will be replaced by level-up (e.g. Earth Power) or TM moves (e.g. Sludge Bomb or the nearly ubiquitous Ice Beam), so the ones listed are basically filler.

A Physical Offensive Nidoking is also possible but unless tutor moves are out for the elemental punches, I feel like right now he can utilize Sheer Force a lot better when he's going special...

For the item, Life Orb is the ideal one but since I'm sure we're all getting Life Orbs from here at one point and Moon stones are not easy to come by - so why not Moon stone?

Set 2 : Defensive Queen
Ability: Hustle (Sheer Force)
Nature: Bold
Item: Moon Stone
IV spread: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Venom Drench
- Charm
- Disable
- Counter

Again, egg moves are probably just all filler in the long run. An offensive Queen could also be feasible but since the King is already on offense, the higher defense stats (although only slightly) merits a defensive one on the Queen, to give variety at least.

Even going defensive, I think Sheer Force is still better than Poison Point for her.

------------

Breeding is going to start very soon...

Last edited by bash678 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:30 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Good set for nidoking. I vote timid for the nature. You're right that most of the egg moves will probably be useless. And I think the specially offensive nidoking is still superior to a physically offensive one.

As for nidoqueen, I haven't tried using one yet. I guess it could go defensive. Sheer force is still a better ability for it
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:59 pm

I feel Nidoqueen should get Counter over Endure and Nidoking can have Venom Drench, Disable, Counter, Focus Energy?

Hopefully they do have these EMs as I don't feel like checking They'll have 3 of the same EMs so it'll make breeding them easier for you and honestly just random status moves I feel are more useful than physical moves for a special attacker.

I prefer Timid for Nidoran(M)

Perhaps a physical set can be made with the things like Head Smash and Sucker Punch so we can hold onto it until the tutors come back.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:02 pm

ed, you're my pal, but I have to disagree. Nidoking's speed isn't anything to write home about, so I think Modest is the way to go on the nature.

Of course, I have a Modest one, so for selfishness, Timid is fine as well.

Also, I like Moon Stone on both.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:07 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
I feel Nidoqueen should get Counter over Endure and Nidoking can have Venom Drench, Disable, Counter, Focus Energy?

Hopefully they do have these EMs as I don't feel like checking They'll have 3 of the same EMs so it'll make breeding them easier for you and honestly just random status moves I feel are more useful than physical moves for a special attacker.

I prefer Timid for Nidoran(M)

Perhaps a physical set can be made with the things like Head Smash and Sucker Punch so we can hold onto it until the tutors come back.

Egg move suggestions make sense. I'll edit them.

A physical set is indeed possible, but we'll gave to see what the general consensus is.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:07 pm

@bunsel: I have noticed that when given a choice, you always go for the +atk nature while I always go for the +speed nature haha. I already have a timid one so for selfish reasons, I'm ok with modest.

@bluedrybones: I think sucker punch and iron tail should stay for nidoking just in case someone wants to breed for a physical set. They could just use it as a parent to pass on the egg moves
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:14 pm

That is true ed. lol.

I like the egg move idea, that's a good one. The others aren't great anyway.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:15 pm

ed819 wrote:
@bunsel: I have noticed that when given a choice, you always go for the +atk nature while I always go for the +speed nature haha. I already have a timid one so for selfish reasons, I'm ok with modest.

@bluedrybones: I think sucker punch and iron tail should stay for nidoking just in case someone wants to breed for a physical set. They could just use it as a parent to pass on the egg moves

I also noticed this, most recently on the Croagunk. Lol. Personally, I'm leaning towards Timid.

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F EmptyWed May 28, 2014 8:05 pm

It's always on those middle of the road speed guys.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F EmptyWed May 28, 2014 8:10 pm

I feel Timid is the way to go. So many things I can think out it'll miss outspeeding between 270-295.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F EmptyWed May 28, 2014 9:50 pm

I vote Timid Nidoking with Sucker Punch as an egg move (so if someone wants to breed a physical set they have it on the parent). And Iron Tail too while we're at it.

Also for Nidoqueen I think I prefer Poison Point but if everyone else wants Sheer Force I guess it's fine...
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:38 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Also for Nidoqueen I think I prefer Poison Point but if everyone else wants Sheer Force I guess it's fine...

I sort of agree, though don't have a huge preference, so if people feel strongly about it, Sheer Force it is.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:04 am

I like sheer force just because it's free power. An extra 30 percent can tack on some good damage. Especially with the move pool these things get.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:18 pm

I think I've left this for discussion for quite a considerable time already, so I'm going to start breeding eventually. I'm going with the egg moves and nature listed.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 1:30 pm

This is set is done. Both Nidorans are 6IV perfects.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F   [Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Nidoran-M & Nidoran-F
Page 1 of 1