Bunselpower
cmzoid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:31 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Defensive Calm Mind
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Bold
Item: Moonstone
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Stored Power
- Heal Pulse

The standard clefable set. Stored Power is a level-up move for clefairy, but I included it in the egg moves so that you can relearn it when you evolve it to clefable. Since the final moveset will probably be Moonlight/Wish, Moonblast, Calm Mind/Cosmic Power, Fire Blast/Stored Power. Running Fire Blast means you're walled by fire types. Running Stored Power makes you walled by steel types. You're going to have to switch between those 2 moves depending on your team.

Set 2: Unaware Set
Ability: Friend Guard (turns to Unaware)
Nature: Bold
Item: Moonstone
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Stored Power
- Amnesia

Last edited by ed819 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:38 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:44 pm

I haven't really used Clefable all that much, but I would definitely have a move other than Stored Power as an egg move, as there is no benefit to evolving Clefairy before learning it, as Clefable has no level up moves. So I'd use: Aromatherapy, Wish, Amnesia, and... Misty Terrain maybe as the egg moves.

As for the other two sets. The HP ground set seems somewhat interested, due to the fact that covers all 3 of its weakness and combined with no damage from life orb, it could be interested. Not sure if it would work exactly though. I have no real comment on the last set, as I've never used it, but think it would be less than the HP Ground set in terms of offensive potential... maybe...
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:46 pm

Imo, a Stored Power set (I'm all for Stored Power, just for relearning capabilities) is really good. A Calm specially defensive set isn't too bad either, since it gets Aromatherapy and Wish. The Calm Mind Set absolutely needs to be here. I don't think HP Ground is going to be good enough here with its special attack. Especially when Flamethrower covers Steel Types and has better power.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:52 pm

Needs an Unaware set. Bold.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:54 pm

And for the last move I'd go with Heal Pulse
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:56 pm

Alright, I can make a bold magic guard set and a bold unaware set. I'm scrapping the offensive calm mind set as suggested by bunsel.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyWed May 28, 2014 12:00 am

ed819 wrote:
Alright, I can make a bold magic guard set and a bold unaware set. I'm scrapping the offensive calm mind set as suggested by bunsel.

No, I said it was probably the best one. Bold Calm Mind is probably it's best shot at sweeping.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyWed May 28, 2014 12:02 am

Bunselpower wrote:
ed819 wrote:

No, I said it was probably the best one. Bold Calm Mind is probably it's best shot at sweeping.

Yeah, that's what he said, he's scrapping the OFFENSIVE Calm Mind set and keeping the bold calm mind set. Pay attention. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyWed May 28, 2014 12:04 am

Bold magic guard and bold unaware with the same egg moves sounds perfect to me. Maybe have Heal Pulse on the magic guard set and Amnesia on the Unaware set.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyWed May 28, 2014 12:07 am

Bunselpower wrote:
ed819 wrote:

Whoops, sorry if that came out wrong. I'm scrapping the modest calm mind set because it's outclassed by the bold set, as you suggested Smile
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyWed May 28, 2014 12:08 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Bold magic guard and bold unaware with the same egg moves sounds perfect to me. Maybe have Heal Pulse on the magic guard set and Amnesia on the Unaware set.

That's doable. I'll update my proposed sets
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyWed May 28, 2014 12:09 am

Ah yes, that is good. Also helps it fill two roles.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyWed May 28, 2014 12:11 am

What item is good for the unaware set? Leftovers?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyWed May 28, 2014 12:13 am

Yep
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:06 am

Is the Unaware set just the same as the Defensive Calm Mind Set but with a different Ability and one different egg move?
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:48 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:10 am

Dragon-Flower wrote:
Is the Unaware set just the same as the Defensive Calm Mind Set but with a different Ability and one different egg move?

I believe the Unaware set is meant to be used in an offensive manner - at least that's what I've seen so far. You can beef up your defenses while not being bothered if the opponent sets up against you. Then blast away with Stored Power (or Moonblast for those Dark-types).
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:16 am

It's also a great stop to any boosting poke.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyThu May 29, 2014 1:22 pm

By the way, it would probably be best to breed Clefairy instead of Cleffa. It'll be easier for you to breed, easier for people to evolve, and Cleffa doesn't learn any relevant moves that Clefairy can't learn anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyThu May 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Cleffa does not require an incense, you'll only get Cleffa's upon breeding. There's no choice XD

Also i use an Unaware and a Magic Guard Clefable Very Happy it's really fun to use!
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyThu May 29, 2014 1:39 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
By the way, it would probably be best to breed Clefairy instead of Cleffa. It'll be easier for you to breed, easier for people to evolve, and Cleffa doesn't learn any relevant moves that Clefairy can't learn anyway.

Breeding for Cleffa does not require an incense. Cleffa will always hatch from the egg.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyThu May 29, 2014 1:43 pm

Derp.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyFri May 30, 2014 10:18 pm

Would you guys prefer that one of the cleffas hold a moonstone instead?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptyFri May 30, 2014 11:05 pm

I prefer both of them hold Moon Stones. They're not that common, and we have plenty of Lefties.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptySat May 31, 2014 1:26 pm

Like bunsel said
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa EmptySat May 31, 2014 7:16 pm

I was going to question why everyone would have leftovers and no moon stones, but then realized I'm a moron lol. Sort of forgot the pokemon in the last two types were holding them... whoops Very Happy

Edited to fix run-on 8 line run-on sentence... which never happened... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Cleffa Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cleffa   [Finished] Cleffa Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Cleffa
Page 1 of 1