- Perish Song
- Water Pulse
- Disable

This set is meant to be used with:
- Rain Dance / Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Scald / Surf
- Toxic / Stockpile / Encore / Disable / Icy Wind / Ice Beam

So you can use Rain Dance, and then you're free to Rest whenever you want and wake up thanks to hydration. The rest is up to you, you can toxic stall, use stockpile, try to deal damage, use Icy Wind to slow down both opponents in doubles, anything...

Last edited by Mademoiselle C on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:29 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:19 pm

My first play through of blue my brother decided to use the only master ball on Seel.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:20 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
But, although I hate to say this because Dewgong used to be one of my favourite pokemon as a kid, let's be realistic, none of Dewgong's possible sets is actually good, so I chose this one because I think it's the least mediocre.

Just do what I do when picking one of my favorite pokemon... completely overstate how epic it is and act as if it has been banned to ubers it is so powerful Very Happy

Though this does seem like the best set for it. Thick fat doesn't mean much, as it already resists ice and is neutral to fire. As for Ice body... Rushes to check what Ice body does I guess it has some use, but only for hail teams, and hydration+rest just does the job better anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Hail stall sets became completely useless with the weather nerf (i.e. Hail became completely useless with the weather nerf) so I think Ice Body really isn't the best way to go.

Really, the only other option that could seriously be considered would be the exact same set, but physical instead of special. Dewgong's base attack is the same as its base special attack, and it learns Aqua Jet and Ice Shard, which can be useful.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:30 pm

I like that it gets two priority moves. It wouldn't be the worst set to make physical. But it's pretty garbage either way.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:32 pm

It's so cute though. Look at it, stupidly bouncing its head left and right. Adorable <3
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
It's so cute though. Look at it, stupidly bouncing its head left and right. Adorable <3

lol
Having two priority moves makes it better. It could be physical...
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 10:39 pm

I'm making a poll, special vs physical
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:21 pm

The main problem with the physical set is that even though it has two priority moves, they inflict half the damage the special options would. Hmmmmm
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:35 pm

rafakp wrote:
The main problem with the physical set is that even though it has two priority moves, they inflict half the damage the special options would. Hmmmmm

*changes vote*... I was so happy with the thought of 2 STAB priority moves that I forgot it would basically have no power at all...
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:38 pm

cmzoid wrote:
*changes vote*... I was so happy with the thought of 2 STAB priority moves that I forgot it would basically have no power at all...

yeah... almost fell on that trap confused
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 5:04 am

I agree. Even with Aqua Jet and Ice Shard, Special would still be better.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:24 am

I don't think we should be running them both >.> priority is good no matter what, but in this case if we're going to run rain, I guess special is ok. Really doesn't matter, this thing is terrible.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:58 am

Bunselpower wrote:
this thing is terrible.  

That is so mean. Look at it, just bobbing its head blissfully unaware of how mean everyone is being to poor Seel. Pokemon's power comes from their hearts, and no superior genetics or clear cut movesets change that! Hasn't the TV show taught you anything!!!

Completely ignore the fact that Ash's Pikachu is apparently genetically superior and the perfect counter argument to this entire statement
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:14 pm

Lol it's storing its rage for a revenge when it gets its mega
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:45 pm

MEGA DEWGONG! YES!

Also Mega Rapidash.

And Mega Lapras.

*drools*
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:46 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
MEGA DEWGONG! YES!

Also Mega Rapidash.

And Mega Lapras.

*drools*

We need a Mega Rapidash Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:46 pm

I would use another EM over Sleep Talk.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:52 pm

Yeah! Mega Rapidash is a must and it must do justice to its name lol the fastest pkmn and fire fairy
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:57 pm

Sleep talk allows you to do a sleep-talk set without the Rain

And the other egg moves are pretty useless. Except maybe Perish Song.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Sleep talk allows you to do a sleep-talk set without the Rain

And the other egg moves are pretty useless. Except maybe Perish Song.

Well Sleep Talk is a TM and something like another coverrage move which it has plenty of in its EMs would be more useful overall imo.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:01 pm

But Sleep Talk is a TM...

Perish song should be in there over sleep talk probably.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Perish song can replace Sleep Talk
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
But Sleep Talk is a TM...

Perish song should be in there over sleep talk probably.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:05 pm

The only special coverage move this thing has in its ems is signal beam, which is completely useless...

Alright I'm putting perish song instead of sleep talk
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:13 pm

rafakp wrote:
Yeah! Mega Rapidash is a must and it must do justice to its name lol the fastest pkmn and fire fairy

Make it a Fire Pegasus that is fire/fairy O.O
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:16 pm

cmzoid wrote:
rafakp wrote:

O.o Perfection! This is so much better than unicorn actually
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:17 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
cmzoid wrote:
rafakp wrote:

O.o Perfection! This is so much better than unicorn actually

Exactly! There are some cool fake mega rapidashes out there pegasus-like.
Back to top Go down
Paintballers
Breeder
Paintballers

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
MEGA DEWGONG! YES!

Also Mega Rapidash.

And Mega Lapras.

*drools*

Mega rapidash would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Paintballers
Breeder
Paintballers

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:12 pm

cmzoid wrote:
rafakp wrote:

Give it a fire based "extreme speed" move.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Paintballers wrote:
Give it a fire based "extreme speed" move.

That'd be cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:13 pm

BTW Madem did I offer you a special ball yet? I premiered ball a Seel from HG the other day and it matches perfectly if you want it?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:22 pm

If I make it in a special ball, it's going to be dive ball, not premier (and i'm just going to go and catch one with the dive ball in a friend safari), but thanks anyway
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
If I make it in a special ball, it's going to be dive ball, not premier (and i'm just going to go and catch one with the dive ball in a friend safari), but thanks anyway

Well although Premier is a better match I'm not gonna argue cause at least it wont be in a Pokeball. If you dont have the safari or change your mind due to not having access to one let me know as I can get Dive Ball as well.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:37 pm

Dive ball. Ocean. Underwater. Seal.

I see what you did there.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:42 pm

N.B.: I said "if"
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Don't do it MC! Don't Succumb!
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
N.B.: I said "if"

lol
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 3:22 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
Don't do it MC! Don't Succumb!

Resist!!! You must not turn to the darkside!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Seel Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seel   [Finished] Seel Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Seel
Page 1 of 1