Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Basculin Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Basculin   [Finished] Basculin EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:20 pm

Basculin-B & Basculin-R

[Finished] Basculin Basculin-blue[Finished] Basculin Basculin

Basculin - # 550

Proposed Sets

[Finished] Basculin 550-b[Finished] Basculin Diveball
Set 1 : Blue-Striped Form
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Adamant
Item: ???
IV spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Agility
- Rage
- Revenge
- Whirlpool

[Finished] Basculin 550[Finished] Basculin Nestball
Set 2 : Red-Striped Form
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Modest
Item: ???
IV spread: 31/30/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Grass
Egg Moves:
- Agility
- Brine
- Mud Shot
- Muddy Water

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Basculin   [Finished] Basculin EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:32 pm

The only way I'll allow you to make two of them is if you name the blue one "Old Japanese Woman".
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Basculin   [Finished] Basculin EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:35 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
The only way I'll allow you to make two of them is if you name the blue one "Old Japanese Woman".

They are male o.o
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Basculin   [Finished] Basculin EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:38 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

They are male o.o

Hmmm, you're really asking a lot here. I'm willing to accept the male if you still nickname it that.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Basculin   [Finished] Basculin EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

They are male o.o

Hmmm, you're really asking a lot here. I'm willing to accept the male if you still nickname it that.

Old Japanese Woman is over 12 characters though No
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Basculin   [Finished] Basculin EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:45 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:
BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

They are male o.o

Old Japanese Woman is over 12 characters though No

You know Blue, that's a lot of "can't" coming from your side of the room. I need someone who sees an obstacle and finds a way around it. Even if it means reprogramming the character limit in a game.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Basculin   [Finished] Basculin EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:51 pm

Lol.

But yeah I don't think modest is necessary.

This thing really should evolve.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Basculin   [Finished] Basculin EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 12:30 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Lol.

But yeah I don't think modest is necessary.

This thing really should evolve.

But Modest is a must Surprised

Gives us both forms and from personal experience Modest is the one I've had the most success with. Probably due to surprise value as people dont expect to take a strong special hit but Adaptability Surf is pretty strong and Adaptability Brine is even stronger so having hazards up with Brine after weakening the team with Scarf Basculin has been really fun when I used it in RU.

Also could be fun in Doubles too b/c Adaptability Muddy Water.

Its a shame it didnt get Hydro Pump though. Problem is outside Water moves its not too fearful but the power brought by Adaptability makes Modest worth it imo.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Basculin   [Finished] Basculin EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:22 pm

I understand that it's unexpected. But I really feel like adaptability aqua jet lets you run an attack boosting item, something a scarfed set severely misses.

The problem I see here is just what can be considered viable. Almost any set you can dream up is viable for a certain scenario. Banded Chansey can 2hko Houndoom very comfortably,but no one would think about using it that way. What I'm getting at is all of these Pokémon could have 2 sets, because all of them could potentially jump up and scare something. But with Basculin, the only niche I see is catching something like Seismitoad off guard, but here's the problem:

252+ SpA Basculin Hidden Power Grass vs. 200 HP / 56 SpD Seismitoad: 248-292 (61.8 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Not even an ohko. So that one bullet you have doesn't even kill it's intended target, and now the opponent knows exactly what that thing does.

The only reason I'll listen to any sort of justification for two sets is for the two forms. Nothing else has convinced me it has a niche. If you can argue it, fine, but you're going to have to do better than surprise.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Basculin   [Finished] Basculin EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:47 pm

As much as I like having 2 sets to have 2 forms for distribution, I'm gonna agree with everyone that the modest set is unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Basculin   [Finished] Basculin EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 9:15 pm

If we really want the 2 forms I think maybe we can have one Adamant with Adaptability and one Jolly with Mold Breaker (the HA)? Jolly seems more viable than Modest and it would allow us to have the HA.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Basculin   [Finished] Basculin EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:43 am

Somehow my post didnt save that day but to the above post Basculin does not benefit from Mold Breaker. If you are using Basculin without Adaptability you are missing out on the main reason to use it and then it easily becomes outclassed by something else. Its powerful Water moves are pretty much the only reason to use it.

I had both Adamant and Modest done months back so Adamant is ready. Let me know if you guys want me to take Modest off.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Basculin   [Finished] Basculin EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 10:58 am

Was just wondering where do we stand on Special Basculin just so I'm sure?

Just the Adamant one?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Basculin   [Finished] Basculin EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 11:06 am

I'm really not a fan of having both, just because the special set is super underwhelming. I love more sets, but man, I just don't know. I'm having trouble convincing myself that phanpy deserves two, and that's a multi faceted versatile pokemon. This has one of the best abilities in the game and can't make it out if the cellar.

But I know they're already done, so if everyone wants it, I'm really fine with it. It's not worth the debating it's already had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Basculin   [Finished] Basculin Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Basculin
Page 1 of 1