BlueDryBones1
rafa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Jolly
Item: Weakness Policy
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Flail
- Curse
- Hammer Arm
- Focus Punch

Last edited by ed819 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 11:31 pm

You can run a sturdy, jolly, rock polish, weakness policy set that is pretty effective. Other than that, I don't see any reason to change anything else.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 8:32 am

Yeah, Bunsel's idea is good.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 11:45 am

Bunselpower wrote:
You can run a sturdy, jolly, rock polish, weakness policy set that is pretty effective. Other than that, I don't see any reason to change anything else.

Sounds good but max speed Adamant outruns Greninja at least so Adamant should be fine as well.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 11:52 am

But running jolly you beat mega manectric and everything slower, including the elite base 130 speed tier, getting you ahead of a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:04 pm

Bunselpower wrote:

Seconding this
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

Seconding this

Second this seconding
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:28 pm

Stop.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 6:31 pm

Ok, the jolly set seems to have the majority. I'll edit the set later. What about the last egg move? Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Focus Punh might work well in the jolly rock polish set...
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 10:07 pm

Should I also change the item to weakness policy?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 10:27 pm

This last slot must be mega punch. I haven't used that since blue. We need mega kick!

Focus punch doesn't really work with the weakness policy set because you're counting on a move strong against you, and getting sturdy to activate. But the other two are useless, so...
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 10:25 am

The last move should be Flail. Mega Punch is completely outclassed by Return. If your going Jolly you must drop Curse. Adamant can run it but running Jolly means that you shouldnt be running it in the first place.

Wide Guard, Hammer Arm, Flail and I believe the last slot should be Automize. Although I know its useless compared to Grass Knot but halfing Weight imo is more useful than anything else it can get via EMs imo.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 10:40 am

I think curse is probably on there for posterity's sake. Just to have it. Because it's a useful move to be able to breed onto stuff. Also,

MEGA PUNCH! MEGA PUNCH!
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 10:48 am

I like the current set, I'd go with Focus Punch as the last move
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 10:55 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
I like the current set, I'd go with Focus Punch as the last move

Seconding this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:10 am

What about Flail? Also we are already breeding a ton of other Rocks with Curse so its pretty irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:14 am

Flail maxes out at 200 Base Power, it's like a reusable Selfdestruct. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:29 am

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
What about Flail? Also we are already breeding a ton of other Rocks with Curse so its pretty irrelevant.

Point is, if someone wants a defensive Golem with Curse, they can just throw this Geodude in the daycare with a Bold Ditto and get the pokemon they want easily.

Also Flail is cool, but I still prefer Focus Punch. I like sub-punch sets.

I'd be fine with Flail instead of Wide Guard though.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:40 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
BlueDryBones1 wrote:

Point is, if someone wants a defensive Golem with Curse, they can just throw this Geodude in the daycare with a Bold Ditto and get the pokemon they want easily.

Defensive is outclassed by Rhydon(which we are breeding w/ Curse and you can use as a parent) which is why noone uses it and people run Adamant suicide lead. We are getting a ton of Rock types with Curse if you look around so I dont see why to sacrifice a useful EM here instead of using another one as a parent.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:44 am

The thing is, can this thing get off a sub before getting roasted by a sport effective move? There's a small set of pokemon that don't carry super effective moves for rock/ground.

But yeah, screw wide guard, I play the original meta game.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:51 am

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Mademoiselle C wrote:
BlueDryBones1 wrote:

Defensive is outclassed by Rhydon(which we are breeding w/ Curse and you can use as a parent) which is why noone uses it and people run Adamant suicide lead. We are getting a ton of Rock types with Curse if you look around so I dont see why to sacrifice a useful EM here instead of using another one as a parent.

There are no useful EMs sacrificed here. The only actual useful EM is Hammer Arm.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:52 am

So yeah: Flail, Hammer Arm, Focus Punch, Curse.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:55 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:

cool
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:57 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:

But curse is useless... and its use for rebreeding isnt justified with other Rocks that we are for sure getting as parents w/ the EM and the needed IVs o_o
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 10:14 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:

Ok. I'll breed with those egg moves. Unless anyone has any objections?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 10:22 pm

I don't, but what were we considering other than those? Oh yeah, wide guard. Idk, wide guard is fine too. Curse really is useless. I really don't care.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 7:50 am

This set is done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Geodude Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Geodude   [Finished] Geodude Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Geodude
Page 1 of 1