Sephiroth0327
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Cryogonal Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:47 am

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Something Flakey
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Item: Power Lens (based on poll)
IV spread: 31/xx/31/30/30/31
Hidden Power: Ground
Egg Moves:
Genderless --> no egg moves

This is done.

Last edited by bash678 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:39 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth0327
Breeder
Sephiroth0327

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 12:08 pm

I'm really bad at battling so I try to avoid giving advice on the sets - but since no one else has...I would suggest Bold + Acid Armor
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 12:38 pm

Bold + Acid Armor sounds good
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 12:43 pm

I hate Acid Armor unless you're going to pass it to something. At that point, just bring a defensive wall. Using this as your defensive stop is not a good idea.

I think it functions best as an offensive Rapid Spinner, with a Timid Nature and Hidden Power Ground. I hate to ask for it, but Ice/Ground is awesome coverage.

Also, bright powder is banned (I think) in Smogon, which is what most play, so I'd suggest something like Life Orb for the actual set, but for distribution, you can put on whatever you like.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:54 pm

I want bright powder!!! (totally not because I don't have one...)

I think I'd probably just use this this as a rapid spinner. Didn't really look at it much. I think everyone's been avoiding it in fear of HP fire being required Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:55 pm

cmzoid wrote:
I think everyone's been avoiding it in fear of HP fire being required Very Happy

The truth has been spoken!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:13 pm

No, no. Ground is better coverage overall. Ice is resisted by steel, fire, water, and ice. Since ice is way less relevant than the others defensively, and freeze dry hits water, the other two types are hit by ground.

Ice/Ground is one of the best coverages out there.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:47 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
No, no. Ground is better coverage overall. Ice is resisted by steel, fire, water, and ice. Since ice is way less relevant than the others defensively, and freeze dry hits water, the other two types are hit by ground.

Ice/Ground is one of the best coverages out there.

Agree about the ground coverage. And, yeah, cryogonal as a rapid spinner sounds good too
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 10:47 am

I...agree... Smile
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 10:51 am

cmzoid wrote:
I think everyone's been avoiding it in fear of HP fire being required Very Happy

Sorry I might be lost but I don't understand, when has HP Fire been a requirement?
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 10:54 am

My personal preference was Bold + Acid Armor but I'm also down with offensive Rapid Spinner set and it seems to be getting the vote so far.

I can see the argument for HP Ground. Will edit the proposed set.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:40 am

Both sets are fine with me. And I would probably go with Leftovers since that think is so bulky on the special side.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 5:12 pm

Probably the best item is life orb for the set, so it runs like a low tier Starmie, but for distribution, who cares.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 10:53 am

I think one set for Cryogonal is alright. And if it's going offensive, Bunsel has a point - Life Orb is optimal; otherwise if defensive, then Leftovers.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 2:42 pm

That's fine with me. I'm probably never going to use that thing anyway XD
And we have more Leftovers than Life Orbs, I think, so I guess one more Life Orb is better than one more Leftovers.

But hey, is there any useful item (one that people don't already have 50 of) that we could attach to it instead of Life Orb, like evolution stones, heart scales, rare candies, or one of the items that increase the EVs gained when you EV train?
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 3:06 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:

But hey, is there any useful item (one that people don't already have 50 of) that we could attach to it instead of Life Orb, like evolution stones, heart scales, rare candies, or one of the items that increase the EVs gained when you EV train?

I can think of Power Herb (useful for Geomancy Xerneas - lol - or other moves that require two turns) or White Herb to restore any lowered stat from, say, a Shell Smashing Pokémon.

The Power Items (for EV training) could also be useful.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Yeah I think I would go with a Power Item. The only one I have is the Power... Band? The one for attack...
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 6:32 pm

I was actually thinking that berries would also be a good item to attach. Rare berries like Lansat and such would be really cool.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 7:24 pm

I'm with Bunsel
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:00 am

I'm going to mark this as In Progress. It's been 3 days already and I'd like to get started since this is an HP spread.

For the items, I'm putting a poll. For the rare berry option, I was thinking Starf since we've gotten Lansat from the distribution of Chimchar I believe.

So you can vote for the item while I'm breeding for the HP spread.

EDIT: We've also gotten Starf from Frillish, I'm just going to put Rare Berry.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 8:38 am

This is done. I'm going to attach a Power Lens on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cryogonal   [Finished] Cryogonal Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Cryogonal
Page 1 of 1