bash678
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Mixed Attacker
Ability: Sap Sipper
Nature: Naïve
Item: Life Orb
IV spread: 31/31/30/30/31/31 for Grass
Hidden Power: Grass (will try to go for a perfect spread)
Egg Moves:
- Double Edge
- Snatch
- Me First
- Double Kick

The other decent egg move is Shock Wave, which it learns naturally.

Set is Finished.

Last edited by bash678 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:48 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 3:16 pm

Its attack is better than its special attack, but its physical movepool sucks, so I think a mixed set would be the best solution, so for the nature, either Lonely, Mild or Hasty?
Maybe Lonely or Mild would be best since it has Flame Charge and Agility to boost its speed so it could use a little extra power instead of the extra speed, but I don't know...

Also, since it gets electric and fire moves, i think HP grass would be best for coverage. Especially since that thing is never going to be use in OU so it doesn't have to worry about dragons or anything...
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 3:41 pm

For mixed, perhaps Mild/Rash for the extra special attacking power.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 3:42 pm

Yeah I'd probably go with Mild.

Or Hasty.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 4:08 pm

116 speed is a great tier to hit, I'm going to go with Naïve here. That way it can live priority moves and still keep the attacks.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:36 am

It does get Agility and Flame Charge though.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 9:18 am

Too frail to set up with a move that doesn't boost it's offensive stats I think. I guess flame charge is good, but I feel like this is best suited to coming in with a life orb and hitting hard. But idk, I don't think I've ever used it.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 11:48 am

I've used it before when I was trying some oddball teams but not as a mixed attacker. It does need its speed, so I think I am going to go for Naïve unless some others disagree.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:49 pm

It's just one of those things, when you see a weird speed stat like that one over a major tier, you go for it. Looking at the list of things you outspeed with Naïve, it is absolutely worth it.

Question, would sap sipper be better here? It gives you an immunity to one of the few types that can resist your stab, and gives you immunity to powder moves, specifically Vivillon. Plus it boosts your higher and more likely used attack stat. I'm throwing support to sap sipper here.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:54 pm

I guess it's a question of whether you want the Attack boost from Sap Sipper or Special Attack boost from Lightning Rod. Both are ok.

EDIT: I can see Sap Sipper Zebstrika switching in on a grass move from a grass type and kill with a fire move.

Motor Drive also has some use in Doubles

Last edited by bash678 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:02 pm

I'll put up a poll for Ability.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:13 pm

All its abilities are definitely good.

I could see a Naughty/Adamant Sap Sipper set (focused on physical attacks), switching in on a grass type, boosting its speed with Flame Charge and being set up for a sweep.

And I could also see a Lightningrod or Motor Drive mixed set.

Maybe we can do a Naive Lightningrod set AND a Naughty/Adamant Sap Sipper set? XD
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
All its abilities are definitely good.

Maybe we can do a Naive Lightningrod set AND a Naughty/Adamant Sap Sipper set? XD

I'm down with this if it gains enough support. If that's the case, the poll will be useless. Lol.

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:34 pm

No, keep Naïve on all sets, wasting a 116 speed Stat is no good, and this thing has no business taking turns to set up. I mean, I see the draw of lightning rod, but in all honestly with its stat spread and given that electric types can't be paralyzed anyway, it's so much less useful than sap sipper imo. No chance it tanks a strong hit and certainly not going to tank the following priority move.

Ugh, this move pool is just sad. However, I think it's best shot is a life orb, wild charge, overheat, volt switch, and either pursuit or a strong physical normal move. With a naive nature.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:39 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
wasting a 116 speed Stat is no good, and this thing has no business taking turns to set up

The point of Sap Sipper + Flame Charge is exactly to be able to set up without wasting a turn (by using a super effective move against the poke it just switched into and boosting its speed at the same time)

But whatever, that Zebra sucks anyway, so if you want to do only a Naive Sap Sipper set go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Ah ok, I see what you mean. My idea was for a more switch on style set. Namely into powder moves and then have the ability to just start hitting. I look at fast frail pokemon as quick hitters. But I see what the deal is now. In that case, would adamant be better?

In any case, with its special move pool being so bad, should we do both with sap sipper?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Its physical movepool is almost as bad as its special movepool XD

The point of having 2 sets was to have both abilities (because both Sap Sipper and Lightningrod are such awesome abilities) so if we're going with only sap sipper, I think I'd make only one set and it would be either Naughty or Naive (because its movepool sucks too much to go physical instead of mixed).

If we go with 2 sets, I'd make one Naughty with Sap Sipper, and one Naive with Lightningrod.

(Also, about the "switch in" style, the Adamant one would be the exact same thing, you'd switch in on a grass or powder move, the only difference is that the first move you'd be using after switching in on that grass type would be Flame Charge to get you going.)

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:37 pm

Right, i envisioned it as not making that move and just firing off something without the need to go for flame charge. And I just figured switching to get the attack boost would be just as beneficial to the Naïve set, but I see the angle now.

Whatever, I'll just breed my own Naïve sap sipper anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:47 pm

Well since I'm probably never going to use that thing anyway, might as well go for the single Naive Sap Sipper set right now XD
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:58 pm

One more move. Just one more good move and I could see this thing easily climbing up a tier.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 5:25 pm

You guys seem to be heavily "invested" in the Zebra.

Its special move pool may be severely limited but it does have Discharge (great in doubles paired with a Volt Absorb user or a Ground type) and Overheat (despite the Special Attack drop) and the ubiquitous Volt Switch.

So based on the exchange, it's Naive Sap Sipper HP Grass?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Yep, looks like it
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:31 pm

If doing mixed HP Grass dont do 31/30/31/30/31/31, you should do 31/31/30/30/31/31 instead so you can invest in attack at Lv 50 and not waste EVs.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 3:55 am

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
If doing mixed HP Grass dont do 31/30/31/30/31/31, you should do 31/31/30/30/31/31 instead so you can invest in attack at Lv 50 and not waste EVs.

Thanks. I forgot to change it. The original set was supposed to be Timid Lightning Rod, hence why the first spread was selected.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 7:48 am

Set is finished.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 10:33 am

Yay Very Happy

totally not just spamming stupid replies so i can move up on the top posters this month
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 3:38 pm

Please arrange for a cloner to collect your pokemon at your nearest convenience. We wanna keep things moving along! Thanks very much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Blitzle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Blitzle   [Finished] Blitzle Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Blitzle
Page 1 of 1