cmzoid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 3:10 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : No love for innovation
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Jolly
Item: Pinsirite
IV spread: 31/31/31/X/31/31
Hidden Power: N/A
Egg Moves:
- Close Combat
- Feint
- Flail
- Quick Attack

Progress:

In Quality Control Testing

Last edited by cmzoid on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:32 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 3:14 pm

I don't know if anyone would want another set. The other natures all have some value to them, so I don't know. Maybe just 1 without Mold Breaker, but... Mold Breaker Very Happy

Also, the last egg move is sort of throwaway. Close Combat, Feint, and Quick Attack are needed. Open for suggestions for the last egg move.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 3:18 pm

Moxie is better than Mold Breaker because you can revenge kill something before Mega Evolving to get a boost already.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 3:19 pm

Also Feint sucks. I'd pick either Feint Attack or Flail.

Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Mold Breaker is for Rotom-W pre mega Madem. However w/ Aegi gone CC now is starting to look better than EQ but I do prefer a Jolly Moxie set anyways b/c I want Scarf Pinsir.

I think we should get both. Also I kinda think Flail is better than Bug Bite as X Scissor is usually better there.

Feint, QA, CC are all necessary. Feint is better for Doubles and it has higher priority than QA i you need to pick off any Talonflames.
Back to top Go down
ainnanov
Breeder
ainnanov

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 7:34 pm

You can always make one for both Abilities.

Considering the above suggestions, I personally suggest Quick Attack, Feint, Close Combat and... Fury Attack. Aerilate Fury Attack can be used for breaking subs. The need for it might be rare but I don't see Bug Bite being needed when X-Scissor is very accessible for better Base Power.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 8:11 pm

I like the idea with Fury Attack, and added the moxie set as well. If any egg moves work better with a specific nature, and the two shouldn't have the same egg moves, just post something. We have basically 2 days still to discuss before I can procrastinate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 8:17 pm

Both w/ same EMs is fine imo. It doesnt have the biggest egg movepool.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 11:42 pm

Idk, I get that Mold Breaker is non-mega, but the reality is that Pinsir is OU, and using it non mega isn't the best idea, not to mention, Moxie, I feel, for non-mega Pinsir in OU, is a better ability. I love Mold Breaker, and on a powerhouse, it is the best ability in the game, but on regular Pinsir I don't see it being that useful. But it's not like it's a big deal if we get more.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 am

If you want to make 2 sets, I'd make one Adamant with Hyper Cutter and one Jolly with Moxie.

Like Bunsel said, Mold Breaker on Pinsir is useless. Hyper Cutter has the advantage of preventing attack drop from Intimidate (and Intimidate is very common this gen so I think it's relevant).

As for the nature, well, having 2 sets that are exactly the same except for the ability isn't so useful, so I think if we want 2 sets we might as well have 2 different natures. That's why I would make the Mold Breaker / Hyper Cutter set Adamant.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:25 am

Oh, I don't think hyper cutter is that good. Mold Breaker is a phenomenal ability, I just don't think regular Pinsir is going to be used much, and not any differently than the first set. That second set seems really extraneous here. Like bones said, he's going to scarf his, and moxie is way better for that.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:29 am

Well I mean I do think we should do make a jolly moxie set. But i'm just saying if he reeaally wants to breed a second set then I'd make it adamant with hyper cutter.

(Btw Adamant with Hyper Cutter is meant to be used as a Mega. The only useable ability for regular Pinsir is Moxie.)
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:38 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Oh, I don't think hyper cutter is that good. Mold Breaker is a phenomenal ability, I just don't think regular Pinsir is going to be used much, and not any differently than the first set. That second set seems really extraneous here. Like bones said, he's going to scarf his, and moxie is way better for that.
Mold Breaker is to break through Rotom-W before you Mega Evolve. You just hold off on the Mega till after it switches in to hit it SE as it walls Pinsir post Mega.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:48 am

I don't think one situation is enough to justify choosing an ability. Moxie is better than Mold Breaker in almost every situation so it's still safe to say that Mold Breaker is useless if all it does is make you able to hit one pokemon.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 11:36 am

I guess the mono-round team of doom will never get its pinsir now Sad

(Also, this is why I have people who know what they are doing decide things for me Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 11:50 am

zoid, just make one set lol
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 12:00 pm

cmzoid wrote:
I guess the mono-round team of doom will never get its pinsir now Sad

(Also, this is why I have people who know what they are doing decide things for me Very Happy)
Yeah we need a Modest HP Rock Mold Breaker Pinsir set.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 12:38 pm

or make 6, MC made 6 rotom Very Happy (totally not an exception)
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 9:39 pm

Only the moxie set is needed imo.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:08 pm

Or Make Jolly Mold Breaker and since all EMs are on there easy to breed for non-HA.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:17 pm

Mold breaker is non HA if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:19 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Mold breaker is non HA if I remember correctly.

I know, I dont know how I made that big of a typo o.o

Both start w/ Mo but I just said Mold Breaker already so much today.

I likely will only use Moxie no matter what I use it for anyways.

Fury Attack I just remembered only has 15 BP. If everything hits only hits 75 BP on average its barely stronger than Quick Attack though if it gets 3 hits. I tried a Lead set w/ Focus Sash Flail before which worked ok but wasnt what my team needed.

Thus I propose Flail, maybe we could put it to a vote. If you dont get enough hits Fury Attack might not break the Sub and thats even worse.

Also if you switch into SR enough times w/ the right amount of HP you can come in and use a move thats close to the power as +2 Return w/o a single turn of setup which is nice. Theres also Sub to get that low.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:58 pm

That is true. I like the flail idea, especially as a way to take advantage of not being able to get rocks off the field.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Ok, so which nature for which ability? Or has that already been decided. I've lost track Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 3:22 pm

I think most people agreed with breeding only a jolly Moxie set XD
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Yeah, the sets aren't really different enough to justify needing two.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 10:27 pm

Got a 31/31/31/X/31/31 one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 11:23 am

cmzoid wrote:
Got a 31/31/31/X/31/31 one Very Happy
What gender is it?

For future NN purposes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Pinsir Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Pinsir   [Finished] Pinsir Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Pinsir
Page 1 of 1