EV spread (Lv 50): 12 HP, 248 SpA, 248 Spe
EV spread (Lv 100): 4 Def, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Hidden Power: Fighting
Moves:
-Tri-Attack
-Dark Pulse
-Hidden Power Fighting / Thunderbolt
-Trick / Ice Beam

First to explain the spreads the Lv 100 one is obvious 4 Def instead of HP to take priority slightly better and b/c investing it in HP isn't Stealth Rock Friendly. The Lv 50 Spread is for EV efficiency. Allows you to max out your SpA and Spe while getting 2 additional points in HP and making it SR and Life Orb(if you decide to use it) friendly. 

Porygon-Z has a really high Special Attack, the highest of all normal types as well as a great ability and move pool to back it up. Adaptability is for consistency however Download is an option. Tri-Attack as your main STAB as after Adaptability can punch through many things. Hidden Power Fighting is for Steel and Rock types who resist Adaptability with Trick being there to be able to pass its Choice Item to cripple walls. You can opt to run Boltbeam instead depending on really what you need Porygon-Z to hit. Dark Pulse is there for Ghosts the main one of your concern being Chandelure which you OHKO with Specs and gurantee a OHKO with Scarf after Stealth Rock.

Importable:

Set 2 : Mixed-Z
Ability: Download
Nature: Naive
Item: Life Orb
IV spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EV spread (Lv 50): 156 Att, 132 SpA, 220 Spe
EV spread (Lv 100): 160 Att, 132 SpA, 216 Spe
Hidden Power: None
Moves:
-Return / Double-Edge
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Tri-Attack

After some testing this is what I currently believe is the best way to run this set. May change after further testing however.

To sum up the EVs 216 Speed makes you reach 297 enough to outspeed base 85s like Nidoking and Neutral base 95s like Arcanine. 220 allows you to do the same at Lv 50 and 156 in Attack because 160 causes waste but it'll still get the necessary 2HKOs with Return. The next paragraph will explain in depth what the custom Att/SpA EVs accomplish.

The purpose of this set is to lure in the Special Walls that can wall Porygon-Z. It also is a great Wallbreaker capable of 2HKOing near every commonly used Wall I can think of in UU with its boosted Stat. Return and Tri-Attack are your main STAB options. You use whichever got boosted from the foe's weaker stat. Once people see Porygon-Z gets the attack boost they wont think of it as threatening as Return is near never seen on this set at least until I got to it and saw its potential. The given attack EVs allow you to 2HKO any Special Wall I can think of after you get the attack boost. Bulkiest thing I could fine was Umbreon which Pory gets a high chance to 2HKO but with Protect its best you handle it on the Switch in as it does a minimum of 50%. Dark Pulse has a 87.5% chance to OHKO Slowbro without Rocks and 2HKOs Mega Aggron as well as gives you coverage for Chandelure and Mew. Ice Beam is for Bulky Ground and Grass types Hippowdon and Dragons being the main reason to run this move as it can OHKO most things it hits SE especially after +1. Tri-Attack is a secondary STAB option to hit hard if you get the Special Attack boost. At +1 its still capable of removing sweepers that it can outspeed. This set appreciates Rocks to help it get the KOs it can achieve as this thing can take out most mons by taking advantage of Download to hit their weaker stats.

Importable:

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shrimpai
Breeder
Shrimpai

Male

[UU] Porygon-Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: [UU] Porygon-Z   [UU] Porygon-Z EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:08 am

I'm a pretty big fan of the Porygon family also! Thanks for the cool set, I'll be using one of them.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[UU] Porygon-Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: [UU] Porygon-Z   [UU] Porygon-Z EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 8:45 pm

So I made a mono-Porygon team on Showdown and its been going well (so long as they dont have a Pokemon with a strong Fighting move that outspeeds all of them). Sadly I can only use it on Anything Goes but that hasn't stopped them from ripping through Mega Rayquazas.

I felt like sharing a few of the sets. It is worth noting I also used both of the above sets on the team.

Set 3 : Last Resort
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Adamant
Item: Salac Berry
EV spread (Lv 100): 64 HP, 252 Att, 192 Spe
Moves:
-Endure
-Last Resort
-Sharpen*

This set plays like alot of Endure + Flail/Reversal Pokemon. You find a Pokemon that Porygon-Z can use Sharpen on and live a hit then you use Endure on the following turn to ensure you get your Salac Berry boost and then proceed to spam Last Resort. Sharpen requires an extra set up turn but gets you OHKOs you would otherwise miss out on. The given spread is if you choose to run Sharpen though you still have great power if you choose to forgo it to have an easier time setting it up. If you choose to drop and run with just the first 2 moves its best to do a 252/252 spread. May also be helpful to have 0IVs and Lonely nature to make it easier to get your Salac Berry boost. I personally prefer the Sharpen set though as its not too difficult to find a neutral hit Porygon-Z can survive to set up the Sharpen which can get you the extra power you need to sweep.

Set 4 : Conversion
Nature: Timid
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/0/31/31/31/31
EV spread (Lv 100): 120 HP, 136 Att, 252 Spe
Moves:
-Shadow Ball
-Conversion
-Nasty Plot
-Substitute

Now this one I came up with to have a 6th member to the team. Little did I know how great the set would perform given the right situation. Conversion is a Porygon exclusive move that is often ignored but I figured I'd give it a shot to go against the many Fighting types that would try to go against my team. Conversion changes the user's type to match the type of your first move. This allows Porygon to change into a Ghost type which grants it a useful immunity to Fighting type moves. It also grants STAB to Shadow Ball and with Adaptability it becomes a 2x STAB bonus allowing you to tear through many more threats that Tri-Attack cant beat due to Ghost type being an arguably better offensive type. The idea of this set is to come in on a Pokemon that just used a Fighting type move. If they use it again you can get off a Conversion to be immune to their next move. If you then predict them to switch out you can get up a free substitute or a Nasty Plot to try to set up a sweep.

Pretty sure some of these sets are too gimmicky to be viable but I have had some moments where they had their chance to shine. They are also super fun to use if you can pull them off.

Set 5 : Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
Item: Choice Band
EV spread (Lv 100): 252 Att, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Moves:
-Double-Edge
-Foul Play
-Facade
-Trick/Iron Tail

The Double-Edge Porygon set that is the reason I'm aiming to get a good one from Gen III. A CB Double-Edge can put a huge dent if not OHKO anything that doesn't resist it. Facade is your go to option if you get Burned or any other status condition as it will outpower Double-Edge by 40 BP. Trick is used to mess up Pokemon if your team needs it. Worth noting that Choice Band only works for Foul Play if Porygon-Z is holding it. Foul Play can be swapped with Thief if you would rather hit specially oriented Ghost types harder however Foul Play doesn't come too far behind for those Pokemon while the difference is massive for Ghost types with higher attack stats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[UU] Porygon-Z Empty
PostSubject: Re: [UU] Porygon-Z   [UU] Porygon-Z Empty

Back to top Go down

[UU] Porygon-Z
Page 1 of 1