+5
cmzoid
Mademoiselle C
BlueDryBones1
Bunselpower
bash678
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Choose a nature for a set with Hyper Voice.
Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)
[Finished] Swablu I_vote_lcap30%[Finished] Swablu I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Timid (+Spe, -Atk
[Finished] Swablu I_vote_lcap0%[Finished] Swablu I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
[Finished] Swablu I_vote_lcap30%[Finished] Swablu I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Calm (+SpDef, -Atk)
[Finished] Swablu I_vote_lcap20%[Finished] Swablu I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
[Finished] Swablu I_vote_lcap20%[Finished] Swablu I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Sassy (+SpDef, -Spe)
[Finished] Swablu I_vote_lcap0%[Finished] Swablu I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 5:28 pm

I realised that since we're making this XY friendly, Altarianite (or any of the new mega stones) cannot be the held item.

Set 1 : Mega Special or Mixed
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
Item: Altarianite Master Ball
IV spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Hyper Voice
- Agility
- Power Swap
- Haze

Defensive mega that takes advantage of its bulk.

Set 2 : Mega Physical Offensive
Ability: Cloud Nine
Nature: Adamant
Item: Altarianite Master Ball
IV spread: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Dragon Rush
- Agility
- Feather Dance
- Haze

Offensive physical mega for Dragon Dance sets.

For special sets, since only the nature changes, I guess the rest can breed it for themselves unless there are enough votes to include one in the distribution.

Last edited by bash678 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:15 am; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 5:34 pm

[Finished] Swablu YoKrdO0
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 5:36 pm

[Finished] Swablu JtN3bqK
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 6:22 pm

I really hate to lower a defense with the second set. I feel like 110 defenses are more valuable than 110 offenses in a lot of situations, especially with 8 resistances. Have we thought about going physical? I.e. Jolly? Return hits harder than hyper voice, and benefits from dragon dance.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 6:29 pm

This thing needs so many sets. Really want an Impish set. Am even willing to do it for you if it becomes too much o.o

I tried Bulky DD and its pretty fun as it can set up on alot of things with DD/Roost/Return/Heal Bell.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 7:06 pm

I think I'm with Bunsel on that one, that thing is so bulky it would be sad to lower its defenses, I think I would go with either jolly or impish
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Also I'm wondering if your only doing 2 EMs? If not I think EMs should be listed and tutor moves you should just mention on the side.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 7:52 pm

Just do the normal egg moves. We are still breeding for X/Y, so we can add in tutor moves if the person who gets the pokemon requests it. Plus its nicer that way. I think Magikarp was only because it gets no egg moves otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 8:00 pm

I've got a joke for you, stop me if you've heard this one.

Only egg moves.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 8:21 pm

Also, this is an example of one of the pokemon which could go for more than the 2 sets. I could easily see it going Defensive, Physical, Special, or even mixed. It also can have multiple egg moves for those cases so...

I move that we expand Swablu to a 2 breeder pokemon with the potential for 4 sets... (waits for the backlash)
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 9:25 pm

Or we could just limit it to three sets: defensive, physical, and special?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 9:55 pm

With these 3+ set Pokemon, I think it's best to keep it to one person. I started thinking about it, they will have the poke and egg moves already.

On topic, I don't actually see the merits of a special variety. Only 110, no boosting move, and a better physical option for all moves.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:31 am

The only thing that changes from one set to another is the nature. The only potentially useful egg moves are Agility, Haze and Hyper Voice, and then we can fill the last slot with Dragon Rush or Steel Wing. So there's no need for 3 sets, we can just have 2. One defensive with Natural Cure and one physical with Cloud Nine just for the sake of having the HA. And if someone wants a mixed or special set they just have to breed for the right nature.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:32 am

Mega Puffball is getting some love. I like it. I'll edit the sets.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:45 am

cmzoid wrote:
Just do the normal egg moves. We are still breeding for X/Y, so we can add in tutor moves if the person who gets the pokemon requests it. Plus its nicer that way. I think Magikarp was only because it gets no egg moves otherwise.

Yeah I'm doing four normal egg moves. Since it's XY, I removed Altarianite as the item. New mega stones are definitely not XY friendly.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:50 am

cmzoid wrote:
It also can have multiple egg moves for those cases so...

I move that we expand Swablu to a 2 breeder pokemon with the potential for 4 sets... (waits for the backlash)

Actually, it does not really have a lot of egg move options since Roost and Steel Wing are TMs. Notable ones are really Dragon Rush / Hyper Voice, Agility, Haze, Feather Dance.

Pursuit, Rage, Power Swap seem useless.

And if there are more than 2 sets, I'm fine with sticking to just one breeder, a.k.a me.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:53 am

Two sets are fine I guess since the egg moves remain the same and the nature only changes.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:55 am

So I'm thinking, since our offensive set is physical, would it be worth it to make the other special? Because the defensive one is more likely to be stopped by substitute. There's no investment anyway, so I'm thinking maybe for a defensive set hyper voice is a good option.

I'm also thinking about maybe making it relaxed to have hyper voice and earthquake. I like that coverage and it only loses to some steel types, which are dealt with beautifully by Magnezone.

Also for the second set, you're shooting for multiple boosts, so I think adamant is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:58 am

bash678 wrote:
[Finished] Swablu JtN3bqK

O.O I had never seen this picture before *-* it'll my brand-new avatar cheers
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:39 am

do three sets fur the lulz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:49 am

bash I think I have all the EMs for Impish (just not the nature) if you want to borrow it later?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:09 am

I'm going to second Bunsel's idea of making the defensive one bold or relaxed with hyper voice
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:14 am

But I dont think you guys know just how good Defensive DD is. It allows it to set up on so much more and not worry bout Status.

Though I think a set that uses its Special Attack is necessary I would argue Jolly/Adamant is more expendable or a 3rd set should be made. My opinion though but I've seen Mega Altaria be much more successful when its harder to take down.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:23 am

An Impish set can be bred super easily because it uses the same egg moves and only the nature changes. We are not making 3 sets only for a nature change, we said that multiple times.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:42 am

Dragon-Flower wrote:
do three sets fur the lulz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:44 am

Then it should be Impish vs Adamant/Jolly imo with a vote Impish vs Adamant vs Jolly. Prolly will lose but at least its democracy.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:46 am

Bunselpower wrote:
So I'm thinking, since our offensive set is physical, would it be worth it to make the other special?

I'm also thinking about maybe making it relaxed to have hyper voice and earthquake. I like that coverage and it only loses to some steel types, which are dealt with beautifully by Magnezone.

Essentially, it's going be "mixed" in a way. Yeah, I like the idea of that.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:50 am

I'm going to put up a poll on the Defensive set: Impish vs. Relaxed.

For the physical offensive, is everyone fine with Adamant?

if still necessary, after this poll is over, I'm going to put up another poll: 2 sets only vs. 3 sets (with the third set being Special).
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:49 pm

We can't have one adamant/jolly and one impish because then we don't have a special or mixed set with Hyper Voice, qnd we definitely need one with Hyper Voice.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:51 pm

If there's an Impish set, it replaces the jolly/adamant set, not the relaxed set
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:03 pm

Also bash in case you didnt see I checked and I have a Swablu with (+Dragon Rush, Feather Dance, Haze, Power Swap) 3/4 of the listed EMs if you want it. You can just swap out Power Swap for Agility but the other 3 are there for whatever set you do.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:04 pm

Adamant is the best and most popular nature for this thing, I don't think its inclusion should even be debatable tbh.

At the very least it should be Adamant vs Jolly and Relaxed vs Bold. That way we have a physical set and a defensive set that can go special.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:11 pm

Truthfully, with the bulk and the ability to get more than one boost, adamant seems pretty non negotiable, and with the mixed ability of the defensive, relaxed seems pretty much the best.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:28 pm

I think Adamant and Relaxed is the way to go too
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:31 pm

So if at least 3 of us agree that it should be adamant and relaxed, why is Impish winning? Impish can't win, adamant and impish is not even an option because we need one that can go special. (And adamant and impish are the exact same set with a sifferent nature so that's a big no.)
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:47 pm

I think impish is meant to be just the defensive set, not blues impish.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:07 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
I think impish is meant to be just the defensive set, not blues impish.

It doesn't change anything, it's still exactly the same as adamant except the nature. We still need a set that can go special with Hyper Voice so adamant + impish can't be an option.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Anonymous wrote:

You're right, that would solve this debate

Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:44 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

--'
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Also bash in case you didnt see I checked and I have a Swablu with (+Dragon Rush, Feather Dance, Haze, Power Swap) 3/4 of the listed EMs if you want it. You can just swap out Power Swap for Agility but the other 3 are there for whatever set you do.

I actually have a reject Swablu sitting in Bank with Hyper Voice, Agility, Feather Dance and Haze. But I'll still take yours for the Dragon Rush. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:23 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Lol. Anonymous.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:25 pm

Ok this is getting ridiculous.

All we need is:

- Adamant with Dragon Rush, Agility, Feather Dance and Haze (can be used to breed impish, jolly and any other physical nature).

- Relaxed with Hyper Voice, Agility, Feather Dance and Haze (can be used to breed any special or mixed natures).

That's it. Unless anyone can give me a single decent reason why this combination wouldn't work (and no one has, yet), that's what we're doing.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:27 pm

^That sounds good to me, but I vote for Power Swap over Feather Dance on the second set for gimmicky Draco Meteor reasons :3 And to differentiate the 2 sets more. But that's just a suggestion, pls don't shoot me down in flames.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Magikarpus wrote:
^That sounds good to me, but I vote for Power Swap over Feather Dance on the second set for gimmicky Draco Meteor reasons :3 And to differentiate the 2 sets more. But that's just a suggestion, pls don't shoot me down in flames.

I think I might just do that. Don't shoot me down in flames too.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:33 pm

Power Swap>Feather Dance>Agility

For Relaxed. Agility should be dropped instead. It is a -Spe nature after all.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:38 pm

^Good point. I'm agreeing with Blue again! O.O
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:41 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:

For Relaxed. Agility should be dropped instead. It is a -Spe nature after all.

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Agility is there in case people want to breed a special set using the Relaxed one. It's not there to be used by the Relaxed set. But Power Swap over Feather Dance is good.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:49 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Agility is there in case people want to breed a special set using the Relaxed one. It's not there to be used by the Relaxed set. But Power Swap over Feather Dance is good.

They have the other set that they can chain Agility with, its not that hard and it gives extra variety Razz

I think

Set 1: Feather Dance/Agility/Dragon Rush/Haze
Set 2: Hyper Voice/Power Swap/Dragon Rush/Haze.

Though maybe Feather Dance over Dragon Rush on #2 as Defensive could appreciate it but it does have Cotton Guard so dunno.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:52 pm

It's either Feather Dance or Agility, Dragon Rush sucks. And I vote for Agility because I'm much more likely to breed a Modest set with Agility than to use Feather Dance but if everyone really wants Feather Dance that's fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Swablu Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Swablu   [Finished] Swablu Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Swablu
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next