IV spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: None
Egg Moves:
-Acid Armor
-Counter
-Curse
-Iron Tail

Done.

Last edited by Bunselpower on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 9:48 am

You took Goomy. I thought Beef wanted it.

If there's a second set, my vote is for one with Gooey. The defensive Gooey Goodra that I have isn't overpowered but is nevertheless viable despite the lack of reliable recovery. Although, the Goodra set I use the most is Hydration with Toxic, Rest, Infestation, Rain Dance. It can surprise people. But then again, it does not get common usage.

I'm also surprised you took another Dragon. I'd imagine after the hassle you went with Gible, you would choose one that doesn't take so many steps to hatch and from among what's left, that would be Taillow or Ducklett.

Also, nice Goomy picture.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:29 am

bash678 wrote:

Beef said that, but then vanished again, so we didn't want to hold up Dragon/Flying any more than we already have by limiting sets to 2 in the early part of it.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:02 am

bash678 wrote:

If there's a second set, my vote is for one with Gooey. The defensive Gooey Goodra that I have isn't overpowered but is nevertheless viable despite the lack of reliable recovery. Although, the Goodra set I use the most is Hydration with Toxic, Rest, Infestation, Rain Dance. It can surprise people. But then again, it does not get common usage.

I'm also surprised you took another Dragon. I'd imagine after the hassle you went with Gible, you would choose one that doesn't take so many steps to hatch and from among what's left, that would be Taillow or Ducklett.

Also, nice Goomy picture.

What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment lol.

No, I really like Dragons, and I figured that step wise, if we leave a Dragon for the last one, it will be done way later than the other two, so I decided to go for it. We talked about it on the chat last night, and it's been 9 days now since beef said he was taking it. If he comes back in the next couple days, I'll be glad to give it to him, but we need to keep the line moving.

If anyone else wanted Goomy but was holding off because of beef, let me know and I'll gladly give it up and let you take it. Truth be told, I just barreled ahead and didn't even know about beef until after I posted the set, so sorry if I jumped the line for anyone. I'm just trying to get it done as quickly as possible, that's all.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:07 am

Bunselpower wrote:

I'm just trying to get it done as quickly as possible, that's all.

I'm with you on this one.

Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:28 am

Why did you list Goodra in the link? Why on earth would you want to evolve this thing?

Also has anyone tried Mild with this? I've tried this in Showdown with a bit of speed investment and has done pretty well.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:32 am

I haven't tried out Mild, but we were discussing potential mixed yesterday. Just curious, what speed investment do you put on it? And in order to outrun what? We were looking at the speed tiers last night, but I don't think found anything specifically, but we could have easily missed something.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:35 am

Lol blue, that's pretty good.

And I looked at speed tiers for about 5 minutes then quit. I am curious though blue.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:36 am

Edit to previous statement: We had Bunsel look at speed tiers and pretended to be thorough about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:36 am

was gonna 'inb4 mixed goodra' but Bunsel mentioned it in the first post lol

I told you guys someone was gonna bring it up Very Happy I was gonna take it and moved along after remembering both of the 6IV's iv'e had to do for the guild have been terribad ;w;
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:40 am

I think mixed could be a good idea, i often saw earthquake + mild and gooey when it was still OU but i'm not sure if it's viable or not anymore, so i'll leave you guys to it D:
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 3:44 pm

I used to run 80 attack 252 SpA and 176 Speed to outspeed Neutral nature Bisharp and Breloom with Sap Sipper. Not the most efficient spread between offenses but got the job done and the attack made the Heatrans that tried to switch in on it or those who lead with their Heatran get disposed of quickly with Earthquake.

It gets Superpower now too in case you fear T-tar more than Heatran and it now has a more reliable option against Chansey if you catch it at a good time.

Though if we do Mild I highly recommend Sap Sipper. Being able to get a safe switch on most Grass types and absorbing Powder Moves and Leech seeds is pretty useful.

252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Goodra: 300-354 (93.4 - 110.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

It even still has decent enough special bulk that it has a pretty decent chance to live one of these w/o investment. It can still find a time to switch in on special moves but you dont want to send this in on physical ones as Mild makes it more vulnerable. A lot of people never expected a faster Goodra though which is why I had alot of success with Mild around the time I used it.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 3:47 pm

I just came here to say this needs a Gooey set.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 4:26 pm

Well, Gooey isn't really very good. Counting on taking defensive hits just to activate it isn't great, then you have to figure that you have to invest in offense just to make it work so you probably can't take that many anyway. Plus no recovery.

If anything, we should breed Blue's mixed set and change my original to Gooey if everyone really wants it.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 12:42 am

Well it's a rip roaring good time in here. Yee Haw.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 12:51 am

Take a look at these sets, if they look good to everyone I'll start. I was thinking and maybe the way to go is bash's defensive set and/ or blues mixed. Modest is probably most common though, so I'm not sure how to fit them all in there.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 9:39 am

Looks good to me
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 9:40 am

That's the only opinion needed. Starting now.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 9:43 am

Looks good to me
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:58 pm

This is done, complete with 31/x/31/31/31/31 Modest Gooey and 31/31/31/31/31/31 Mild Sap Sipper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Goomy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Goomy   [Finished] Goomy Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Goomy
Page 1 of 1