17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 7:05 pm

Proposed Sets

[Finished] Mudkip 095895c56bbb532154370e569dea9688-d7lgrrr

Set 1 : Mega Buff Swampert
Ability: Damp
Nature: Jolly
Item: Swampertite (Master Ball)
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: NR
Egg Moves:
- Wide Guard
- Yawn
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Set 2 : Mixed Bulk Tank
Ability: Damp
Nature: Relaxed
Item: Leftovers (Master Ball)
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: NR
Egg Moves:
- Avalanche
- Curse
- Refresh
- Yawn

I finally get to breed Mudkip *-* you guys have been postponing this moment for mooonths. #waterhaters Evil or Very Mad
Opinions Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

[Finished] Mudkip Mega_swampert_by_jellyenvy-d7lk445

Last edited by rafa on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:25 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 7:11 pm

Ok, I love a really awesome picture, but we need to tone that down. Also, make your title Cyan.

And I had completely forgotten about Swampert as a Water/Ground type, i think it still has a great niche defensively. It is the very definition of mixed bulk tank, only having one weakness, it can sit and just be annoying as sin to take down without something that is super effective. I vote for a Relaxed set.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Oooh lol you accessed this page in its first 10 seconds on. I changed the title to cyan immediately. That's crazy lol

Ok, I'll add the Relaxed set. Maybe Wide Guard and Refresh as EM for the defensive set to make things different.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:20 pm

[Finished] Mudkip Tumblr_laii4fBlxV1qby581o1_250
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:22 pm

I.....agree
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
I.....agree

Lol nice signature, dragon.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 2:11 am

People! Opinions about:
- natures: Adamant/Jolly/Relaxed
- EMs: if we're going Relaxed, we could change the EMs a little bit just to vary
- & abilities: I think Torrent is better for offensive sets and Damp for the defensive ones

Mudkip needs more attention... Sad

[Finished] Mudkip Tumblr_laii4fBlxV1qby581o1_250
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 4:39 am

For the Mega I would go:

Jolly
- Wide Guard
- Yawn
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Because Curse/Avalanche are just counter productive with Jolly and Swift Swim. Honestly I think its best use is in doubles with rain so I would do a full swift swim offensive with wide guard. Basically every egg move instead of Wide Guard is there mostly so that we have all the potentially useful egg moves to breed onto the other set if we want to.

For the non Mega:

Sassy
- Avalanche
- Curse
- Refresh
- Yawn

I'm really sad to ditch wide guard because it's such a good move but I feel that the way I would most probably use non mega Swampert is with a Curse set in singles. That's also the reason why I put Sassy instead of Relaxed. I feel like if you max out its HP and Sp.Def, after just one Curse you should already be able to take any non-grass hit, physical or special, and maybe even some non-stab hidden power grass hits.

Last edited by Mademoiselle C on Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 4:40 am

Btw I felt the little extra speed would be cool on the Mega but if people feel very strongly about Adamant I guess that's fine too.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 10:17 am

I was planning on using it as a Relaxed Defensive Rock setter and burn spreader. I like Relaxed better because I see it better defensively, but I see that Curse works better with Sassy. But if everyone wants a sweeper, that's fine I guess.

With Adamant Max Speed, you outspeed every non Scarfed Pokemon that isn't named Deoxys-S and all Scarfed Pokemon that are under base 100 or 98 or something. But Jolly would boost you past Deoxys-S and would have you lose to base 110 Scarfers by one point (and at that point, most Pokemon don't run Scarf anyway). In that light, I think Jolly would actually be the better nature here.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Nice. Those will be the EMs, then. I'll put a poll for Adamant/Jolly and Relaxed/Sassy
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 11:09 pm

The poll only allowed for one vote. But I vote adamant for the mega set and relaxed for the non mega set. Also, I vote damp for the ability of the mega set
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 11:18 pm

I fixed the poll to be correct, and added a vote cancel button so you can vote again.

While I disagree with ed on nature, I agree that Damp should be both abilities. It is rare, but with Custap Berry, Explosion is out there, so Damp will provide you a clean switch in should you want it.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Vote, people, vote! & thks for fixing the poll, Bunsel
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 8:03 am

I also vote for Damp for both abilities. Even in Doubles, Explosion / Self-Destruct is a thing.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 1:23 pm

done done done

[Finished] Mudkip 258_mudkip_by_trinitywolfdragon-d64p07z
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Mudkip Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Mudkip   [Finished] Mudkip Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Mudkip
Page 1 of 1