Mademoiselle C
ugotmybeef
Magikarpus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Similar To NOM
Breeder

[Finished] Cyndaquil Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:24 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Better Than Nothing...
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Timid
IV spread: 30/31/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Grass
Egg Moves:
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power Grass
- Flame Burst
- Nature Power

Progress

Discussion stage. This is the first time I've done something like this and Typhlosion is one of my favorite Pokemon. Egg moves are kind of bad but I figured Extrasensory is a good coverage move, Covet could allow it to steal an opponents item provided you're okay with Typhlosion not holding an item and dying quicker than usual. >_>

Howl.... if you could get a couple off it would make Flare Blitz pretty good... Have it hold a Focus Sash?

Um yeah. Feel free to critique away.

Last edited by Similar To NOM on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Yeah, poor Typhlosion isn't blessed with a great movepool. Looks cool but it's really only good for Eruption Sad This is probably the best you can do.

Oh, and welcome, thanks for the thread, yada yada Very Happy I'm getting lazy already with these intros...
Back to top Go down
Similar To NOM
Breeder

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:53 pm

:/

Why have you forsaken my precious Typhlosion, Game Freak?! D:

Hopefully it gets a super awesome Mega next gen.
Back to top Go down
ugotmybeef
Breeder
ugotmybeef

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 12:31 am

I think HP Grass is a must for it.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 12:41 am

Since nobody would use Covet, I suggest replacing it with Flame Burst. I also agree on HP Grass.
And I personally think you don't need to give yourself the trouble of breeding for Howl and Flare Blitz, as I'm pretty sure nobody would use them. But I know some people here might not agree with me and prefer having 4 egg moves even if they're not necessarily useful competitively.
Back to top Go down
Similar To NOM
Breeder

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 11:40 am

I feel you guys on HP Grass. Does anyone know or know where I can find the IV spread for it?
Back to top Go down
IllusionGamer90
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 12:10 pm

The spreads for HP Grass are the following:

HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spd

- 30/31/31/30/31/31
- 31/30/31/30/31/31
- 31/31/30/30/31/31

I also believe that HP Rock is viable so it can't get walled by other Fire types. That spread is 31/31/30/31/30.

Oh, and I have all HP Dittos. Razz
Back to top Go down
Similar To NOM
Breeder

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 6:56 pm

So what do we think of:

- Extrasensory
- Flame Burst
- HP Grass/Rock
- Flare Blitz/???

If you don't have Howl there's no reason for Flare Blitz, right? So what to replace it with? Covet? Something else?

Also I suggest changing Nature to Timid.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Is nature power an option? To my knowledge it turns into Tri Attack. Not great, and will probably never be used, but hey, it's special, and better than Flare Blitz.
Back to top Go down
Similar To NOM
Breeder

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Is nature power an option? To my knowledge it turns into Tri Attack. Not great, and will probably never be used, but hey, it's special, and better than Flare Blitz.
I like this. Would love to hear others opinion.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 12:28 am

I would probably go with Nature Power as well. Not very useful, but it actually sort of works with the set. Cyndaquil is pretty limited outside of Extrasensory and Flame Burst... so it really doesn't matter after that point. In terms of which hidden power to use... I'd likely go with grass. I just like to cover some weaknesses in general.
Back to top Go down
Similar To NOM
Breeder

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 12:46 am

Okay, I updated the OP. I think I'm going to get started now. I'm falling way behind.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 12:52 am

Nature power seems like a good egg move. The egg moves are really up to you though (I don't think that any of cyndaquil's egg moves are really useful)
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 12:53 am

^Either Grass or Ice. Considering the tiers it will be in, Grass is probably the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 10:25 am

Since the set has been decided, I marked the title as In Progress!
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptyThu May 01, 2014 1:06 pm

So how is it going? If you need any help you can ask!
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptyThu May 01, 2014 1:12 pm

Barely finished yours for a minute and you're already nagging people. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptyThu May 01, 2014 1:13 pm

I'm not nagging, just asking how it's going XD
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptyThu May 01, 2014 1:20 pm

I'll believe you... millions wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptyThu May 01, 2014 1:26 pm

Oh, leave me alone, you.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:30 pm

We got another Cyndaquil that is basically the same to yours, but with Flare Blitz instead of Flame Burst.

If you ever show up again we can distribute your Cyndaquil too...

Marking this as finished anyway since we have a Cyndaquil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Cyndaquil   [Finished] Cyndaquil Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Cyndaquil
Page 1 of 1