[Finished] Alomomola

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Alomomola Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Alomomola   [Finished] Alomomola EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 8:41 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : NAME OF THE SET
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Mist
- Refresh
- Pain Split
- Mirror Coat

Last edited by ed819 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Alomomola   [Finished] Alomomola EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:35 pm

I think bold is the way to go here. Mirror Cost is what it is, but this thing can actually be quite the competent physically defensive wish passer.

In that vein, since it does get knock off, judging by its stats, should it get Impish? It has virtually no special attack, so is it worth squeezing the extra out of the attack?
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Alomomola   [Finished] Alomomola EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:42 pm

I was actually thinking of going with Impish/Careful but I also think Scald is pretty useful. I can change it to Impish if most people think it's the better nature
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Alomomola   [Finished] Alomomola EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:48 pm

I'd probably also go bold, since the point of scald is to burn the opponent more than really cause a ton of damage, which lets you take ever more physical hits, since you already have a higher defense with bold.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Alomomola   [Finished] Alomomola EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:53 pm

Why not relaxed? It's not really going to outspeed anything anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Alomomola   [Finished] Alomomola EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 9:10 am

Relaxed isn't the way to go, because that 60 speed tier is pretty full. It can outspeed a good number of walls and bulky attackers. 65 is pretty good when you consider what its role is.

Eiter way, both of its attacking moves are utility and nothing more, we shouldn't sacrifice speed for a miniscule amount of damage more. I checked, the boost to special attack with bold is 10, and the boost to attack with Impish is 13. BUT, considering scald is its main move, and many sets won't be running knock off, I now strongly feel that bold is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Alomomola   [Finished] Alomomola Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Alomomola
Page 1 of 1