49% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Clamperl Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 11:16 am

Proposed Sets

[Finished] Clamperl 367[Finished] Clamperl Diveball
Set 1 : Huntail
Ability: Rattled
Nature: Naive
Item: ???
IV spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Aqua Ring
- Body Slam
- Confuse Ray
- Endure

[Finished] Clamperl 368[Finished] Clamperl Dreamball
Set 2 : Gorebyss
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Modest
Item: ???
IV spread: 31/0/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Grass
Egg Moves:
- Brine
- Confuse Ray
- Endure
- Refresh

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:47 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 11:36 am

Blue, you linked Seviper.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 11:41 am

The Serebii link is wrong, Clamperl is 366. And the ability for the Gorebyss set is Shell Armor, it only becomes Swift Swim when it evolves.

I feel Gorebyss should be Timid so it actually gets a chance to take advantage of Shell Smash and/or Swift Swim.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 11:43 am

Otherwise it looks good. I think endure over refresh, and probably confuse ray over refresh as well, because water veil protects you from the most dangerous one for a physical sweeper. Mixed looks good, but the only notable thing is ice beam, and with ice fang it may not be necessary.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 11:45 am

Oh and make that title cyan.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 11:51 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Otherwise it looks good. I think endure over refresh, and probably confuse ray over refresh as well, because water veil protects you from the most dangerous one for a physical sweeper. Mixed looks good, but the only notable thing is ice beam, and with ice fang it may not be necessary.  

Yeah but I was thinking on stuff like bulky Grass types that can take Ice Fang well due to its low BP which is why I brought up Mixed and Shell Smash boosts its special attack anyways. I feel Jolly should do fine as well though so I'll leave that up to popular opinion.

Also yeah I see your point on why Refresh is less useful now, I should've thought about that.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 11:58 am

Yeah, mixed is always good, but remember that you're boosting the investment you have in attack as well. I figured out that the higher attack will even out the BP problem if you fully invest.

And it could be useful with hp grass to hit those switch ins on their weaker side, though, so maybe that will be the deciding factor.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:09 pm

Timid Gorebyss though
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:23 pm

Kinda don't want to breed another Gorebyss No

In the tier it is in though it doesnt really miss out on much imo and the extra power is appreciated so you can drop some Special attack investment for a little extra bulk while you want to max out speed with Modest to get 406 which is a good number to hit in its tier. Even with Timid and 252 into its speed any positive base 90 or neutral base 100 Scarfer will still outspeed so I think just outrunning non boosted stuff should be fine. Also if your like me and want to use this in Rain to stack Shell Smash and SS Timid is overkill.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:28 pm

Did a speed analysis, here are the results so we can be factually accurate about this. Both are after a shell Smash boost.

Timid Gorebyss hits 446, which bests max speed base 150 Pokémon and scarfed base 85 max speed and lower (just misses rotom).

Modest Gorebyss hits 406, which beats base 135 by a single point. It beats base 73 scarfed pokemon by a single point (that's Malamar).

So timid will get you past more stuff, but modest is exceptionally efficient at what it out speeds. Quite honestly, I actually side with modest here. If it beat scarfed rotom, I would say timid, but it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 10:13 pm

I'm just gonna follow bunsel's argument and vote for Modest Gorebyss. Also, are we also considering going mixed for Huntail? Its special attack is not bad so Naive is also an option.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:16 am

Just found out Huntail got 2 great new moves in the transition from X/Y to ORAS. Was wondering if you guys think a different nature such as Adamant should go with them or should we stick with Jolly?

It gets Coil and Sucker Punch via Lv Up. Both it didnt have pre-ORAS outside SP tutors last gen. This thing has great defense, ok SpD, but lowish HP though it can BP Coil as well.

Access to Priority and a move that encourages investment in bulk made me figure there might be other ways to use this outside Shell Smash.

If you guys are like me and want to give Coil or Choiced sets a shot on this thing I feel I should bring up whether or not for Huntail only if we should make Shell Smash relearnable over Confuse Ray? Otherwise deleting Shell Smash there is no going back. Gorebyss I feel though Shell Smash is the only way to go.

@ed I'm open to Naive, gave it a mention as I thought Ice Beam could be better than Ice Fang in some situations.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:40 am

Hm, I think maybe that is a good idea. Huntail outspeeds just as much adamant as Gorebyss does modest, and I think it's lower tier, so Jolly may be less useful.

I think if we're preparing for coil and choiced sets, a mixed nature is probably not any good.

I also agree with making shell Smash relearnable, because it seems like this has a lot more options than Gorebyss does.

Finally, I'm also open to mixed, if we decide not to go adamant.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 12:04 pm

I'll wait for a few more opinions on Naive to see if I should put a poll up.

Worth noting though Naive wouldnt need the relearnable Shell Smash as it wouldnt be using Coil effectively with that nature. Naive gets a mention b/c Ice Beam takes out some Bulky Grasses that can otherwise Wall Huntail as sometimes Ice Fang isnt enough while Bounce is unreliable (but if Adamant passes I feel I just gotta try Bounce on this thing)
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 12:09 pm

Yes, those two are mutually exclusive.

And bounce would be really cool with lefties and coil, not sure anything else gets that combo.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 12:59 pm

I hope to start Huntail as soon as possible. Want to wrap up the nature for Huntail so gonna make a poll.

Feel free to vote guys, worth noting if Adamant/Jolly passes I will pass onto it Shell Smash. If Naive passes I will pass on Confuse Ray due to this getting Coil I feel like its worth trying so want to give flexibility to forget Shell Smash so you can relearn it later while with Naive you likely will always use Shell Smash so I feel it isnt needed there.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 1:27 pm

Blue, I feel like you're the type that when you drive you just plow through all speed bumps and stop signs.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 11:18 am

I feel kinda sad this thing barely got any votes. Looks like Naive for now but I wont breed it till about next Friday so I'll leave it up till then in case anyone changes their mind.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 11:23 am

I'm not sure I voted now that I look. I'll give it some thought.

Also, that's about all we have voting nowadays.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 12:50 pm

Looks like Naive is the winning here for now.

Was wondering if anyone wanted me to sub one of Huntail's moves for Muddy Water if the results stand till Friday? Feel like it might be better than Confuse Ray for Naive?

Gorebyss is done and I'll start Huntail on Friday.

Was looking forward to Adamant for the +2 Bounce that can OHKO certain Tangrowths but on the bright side now I dont have to Lv up 2 Clamperls I dont have to Lv 50 Smile
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm fine with muddy water, but I guess confuse ray could be used to annoy the pokemon and get lots of boosts. Either way, no way they find their way into a serious set.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 12:48 pm

Starting today. Got myself a Dive Ball HA Female as well as a Aqua Ring and Body Slam male from the dex nav yesterday. Already got the 4 EMs up so just doing IVs.

Decided to just keep Confuse Ray and go with what I put in the first post. So I should be done later today.

Was wondering if you guys think I should send both Basculins with Clamperls items and give Clamperl Basculin's items. In the case I can only send one Basculin then if I manage to claim the other Poke I have ready I can attach it to that instead.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 12:51 pm

Yeah, you can get it to a cloner and they can put it onto something else if you don't get to the other one.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 11:21 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Yeah, you can get it to a cloner and they can put it onto something else if you don't get to the other one.

Please don't do this lol. Powersaves gives us access to infinite BP and the ability to clone items, but we actually have to get the initial item first, so if its a rare hold item, you are condemning the cloner to get the item.

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 9:30 am

No, I mean put the item on a dummy 4th Pokemon and have you switch it over to one being distributed when you get it so the Clamperl doesn't evolve. I know not to make you go get the items, that's just mean. My topics are tongue in cheek, don't make zoid get the items everyone.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 10:33 am

I have both items in X/Y which I would need to get to ORAS anyways. I have both Basculins (or Basculin and that other Poke) in X/Y as well so dont worry about getting a Tooth/Scale zoid.

The other items it would depend on which file I send them to you in. X/Y has several items ORAS has so few giving one up would mean I wouldnt have it to use on a team.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 11:21 am

Right, I think zoid just misunderstood what I meant. I didn't mean that zoid had to get the item, just that you would trade him an extra poke with the item on it and he would just move that item to another poke in the distribution that won't evolve upon trading.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 10:47 am

This took way too long to get but I dont breed straight from Wild Pokemon that much anymore. I even managed to get 2 shinies(within 4 eggs of each other) before I got this one.

Naive 31/31/31/31/31/31 HA Female.

Wish it was Male but rather just keep it rather than go for another though if a male is in one of the leftover eggs I'll use that one instead.

Also I'm finding it amazing pretty much most of the game in 6th gen if I find a shiny of what I'm breeding and continue breeding the same poke another one usually follows within the next few eggs. This happened to Alomomola, Mantyke, and now Clamperl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Clamperl   [Finished] Clamperl Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Clamperl
Page 1 of 1