Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
CalicoJack94
Breeder
CalicoJack94

Male

[Finished] Psyduck Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Psyduck   [Finished] Psyduck EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 12:26 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Duck Dynasty
Ability: Cloud Nine
Nature: Modest
Item: Mental Herb
IV spread: 31/30/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Grass
Egg Moves:
-Clear Smog
-Yawn
-Encore
-Future Sight

Psyduck gets a lot of interesting egg moves that make it a decent phazer.  I was not sure on the item or the HP to go for.  I suppose HP ground could be useful in its own right.  Let me know!

Last edited by CalicoJack94 on Mon May 11, 2015 4:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Psyduck Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Psyduck   [Finished] Psyduck EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 12:55 pm

So is offensive not the way to go here? It really gets a massive move pool both ways, so I can see both being discussed.

In any case, don't do sleep talk, it's a TM. Maybe Refresh over hypnosis since it also gets yawn?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Psyduck Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Psyduck   [Finished] Psyduck EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 1:03 pm

Golduck needs a Mega.

HP grass is fine.

Hypnosis is inferior to Yawn and Sleep Talk is a TM so for the last EM I'd go with either Future Sight or Refresh.

For the nature I feel like Timid or Modest might be better, idk. And normally I would say we need the HA since Swift Swim is pretty good but Golduck is so easily outclassed by every other Swift Swim user that Cloud Nine might really be its best option... which is kinda sad.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Psyduck Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Psyduck   [Finished] Psyduck EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 1:07 pm

If we go timid or modest I'd like to have Future Sight but if we go for a defensive nature then I guess Refresh is better.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Psyduck Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Psyduck   [Finished] Psyduck EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 1:14 pm

Idk, with Swift Swim you can get going pretty fast, it would validate Modest better. But it is terrible otherwise, so yeah.

The only reason I side with calm is the moves. Otherwise, it seems like this would be better offensively. And I agree with the Future Sight bit.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Psyduck Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Psyduck   [Finished] Psyduck EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 2:44 pm

Cloud Nine is the best way to use Golduck imo, otherwise its outclassed by the competition for Swift Swimmers as when you look at the others they usually have better coverage or stats.

Although it looks good offensively on the surface it just doesnt stand up compared to the competition. The ability to go up against some weather teams is what makes Golduck worth using. Think of its advantages of ignoring Rock type's SpD boost in Sand Storm or being able to hit full powered Water moves in the sun while delaying Solarbeams.

The nature is hard to choose though as its stats dont lean toward a specific place but mainly am saying Cloud Nine is the superior ability as even in NU there are several Swift Swimmers that bring something extra to the table.

Also I agree with Future Sight for the last slot. The only competition on the ones currently slashed is Hypnosis but Yawn should do fine as its more reliable.
Back to top Go down
CalicoJack94
Breeder
CalicoJack94

Male

[Finished] Psyduck Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Psyduck   [Finished] Psyduck EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 11:10 pm

Ok so I subbed in Future Sight for the last egg move, kept the nature as Cloud Nine.

I also added a poll for nature. I got all excited with the egg moves and forgot Psyduck could eventually become more offensively oriented, but I am keeping an open mind. Please vote everyone!
Back to top Go down
CalicoJack94
Breeder
CalicoJack94

Male

[Finished] Psyduck Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Psyduck   [Finished] Psyduck EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 2:05 pm

Ok it looks as if modest is the popular choice, so I will go forward with this setup unless anyone has any last minute suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Psyduck Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Psyduck   [Finished] Psyduck Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Psyduck
Page 1 of 1