Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Meowth Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Meowth   [Finished] Meowth EmptySat May 23, 2015 3:27 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Meowth, that's right!
Ability: Technician
Nature: Naive
Item: Master Ball
IV spread: 6IV
Hidden Power: peu importe
Egg Moves:
- Flail
- Assist
- Hypnosis
- Last Resort

As a Gen 1 normal type, Persian gets some good coverage moves that take advantage of Technician: Shock Wave, Water Pulse, Icy Wind. It also has Nasty Plot for boosting the special attack stat.

Mixed option.

Set is done.

Last edited by bash678 on Sat May 30, 2015 6:55 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Meowth Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Meowth   [Finished] Meowth EmptySat May 23, 2015 3:40 pm

I would go either jolly or mixed. I already have a shiny jolly one so maybe mixed for selfish reasons Razz
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Meowth Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Meowth   [Finished] Meowth EmptySat May 23, 2015 4:50 pm

Needs more Petal Dance Very Happy

But yeah, I'd probably go a mixed nature, just because its defenses are meh, and it could be used multiple ways. Don't really care on what defense is lowered, but now more natures are up for debate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Meowth Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Meowth   [Finished] Meowth EmptySun May 24, 2015 8:17 am

Mixed sounds good. I'll edit it.

Any thoughts on the egg moves?
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Meowth Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Meowth   [Finished] Meowth EmptySun May 24, 2015 6:22 pm

I like the idea of Mixed. Just a regular set with slapped on Water Pulse for Rocks sounds fun on paper.

Though I feel this set needs more Assist.

Also no Dark STAB on Foul Play makes it look a bit unappealing to me as its much weaker than you might think w/o STAB and Knock Off may be better for the slot.

Dont know if the damage calculator is correct but if the opposing Pokemon has a CB then it doesnt change FP's Damage while they have to hit about 390 attack for itemless FP to start outdamaging itemless Return so its only useful against Boosters or Pokes with attacks that high which are rarer in lower tiers.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Meowth Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Meowth   [Finished] Meowth EmptyMon May 25, 2015 7:57 am

So Assist over Foul Play?
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Meowth Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Meowth   [Finished] Meowth EmptyFri May 29, 2015 5:31 pm

I'm going to get started on this one. Egg moves are the one listed since there has been no further discussion.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Meowth Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Meowth   [Finished] Meowth EmptySat May 30, 2015 6:56 am

Set is done. Got lucky this morning with a 6IV within four batches of eggs.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Meowth Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Meowth   [Finished] Meowth EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 10:25 pm

I'm currently working on a Meowth set. Was wondering if you guys cared for these other natures:

Jolly Technician Meowth 31/31/31/x/31/31 (+Assist, Flail, Hypnosis, Punishment?) -Level Ball-
Timid Technician Meowth 31/x/31/31/30/31 (+Assist, Charm, Hypnosis, Odor Sleuth) -Moon Ball- Hidden Power Ghost

Just wanted to bring it up in case any are worth submitting. I think the HP Ghost one is pretty interesting imo.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Meowth Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Meowth   [Finished] Meowth EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:00 am

With that being only 60 power now, I'm not sure it's that worth it. I understand the "perfect coverage" angle, but Dark seems to accomplish everything that HP Ghost would.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Meowth Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Meowth   [Finished] Meowth EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 11:22 pm

Well I just happened to get an extra 31/30/31/31/30/31 which I hatched Shiny. If we don't want it now I guess I could make it future giveaway material or save it for rebreeds. Wasn't planned to get more than 1 shiny but I just happened to get a second 6IV that just happened to have a hatcher that was on at that very moment and couldn't resist. I also still have a regular 5IV non-shiny just in case as well.

Also to throw out fun ideas how to use Persian. Persian is one of the fastest Normal types that have Technician. This makes it great on a Round team in Triples as the first Round user so you get 90 BP instead of 60. For those who do not know once your first team member uses Round all other Round users on your team get Priority and each round gets double the BP of the last. I had some success with it on Showdown with a Deoxys(Fast Round)/Greninja(Fast STAB Round)/Pinsir(Mold Breaker/Aerialate)/Aurorus(Refrigirate)/Sylveon(Pixilate)/Porygon-Z(straight up Power) each with only 1 move, Round and I threw alot of people off for some good laughs.

I'm sure its extremely unviable but its fun to try at least once so you can get a laugh out of it and give your slower Pokes priority on a 120/240 BP move with STAB.

I'm sure Round actually may be viable if your not like me and give it to everyone on your team w/ no other moves. Bash's Naive Persian is capable of going Mixed meaning it can run Fake Out as well as an extra means to support.

Just throwing that out there. The thought of Persian makes me want to make a new In-game team featuring Round.

Also Round is better for Singles as well. Having everything Hyper Voice has with more PP.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share this fun strategy.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Meowth Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Meowth   [Finished] Meowth EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 1:19 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
This makes it great on a Round team in Triples as the first Round user so you get 90 BP instead of 60. For those who do not know once your first team member uses Round all other Round users on your team get Priority and each round gets double the BP of the last. I had some success with it on Showdown with a Deoxys(Fast Round)/Greninja(Fast STAB Round)/Pinsir(Mold Breaker/Aerialate)/Aurorus(Refrigirate)/Sylveon(Pixilate)/Porygon-Z(straight up Power) each with only 1 move, Round and I threw alot of people off for some good laughs.

I had no idea Round functioned like that. I might try it sometime in Battle Spot for the laughs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Meowth Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Meowth   [Finished] Meowth Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Meowth
Page 1 of 1