25% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Utility
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Careful
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Seismic Toss
- Hammer Arm
- Curse
- Present

Set 2 : Offensive
Ability: Sap Sipper
Nature: Jolly
Item: Life Orb
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Seismic Toss
- Hammer Arm
- Present
- Double-Edge

[Finished] Miltank Latest?cb=20130203132804

Last edited by rafa on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:47 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 12:33 am

Wow, whatever happened to old impish Miltank?

I vote for, at the very least, careful, because what's the point of curse then?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 12:35 am

I know Thick Fat is a bit better but the HA Sap Sipper would be great to have.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 4:08 am

Yeah, calm seems to be an odd choice for the nature. I think careful would be better for it.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 5:40 pm

So I guess we are sticking with Thick Fat? My vote would be Sap Sipper though.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Yeah since we can't breed Sap Sipper from Thick Fat I would defnitely go with Sap Sipper
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 5:25 pm

Opinions on the EMs? I have added a poll for now
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 7:07 pm

If going Sap Sipper I think an offensive set may be more beneficial. Thick Fat is better left with Careful. This has a base 70 SpD and the reason it works is b/c Thick Fat allows it to sponge special Ice and Fire moves which are common types and its the main reason to use Specially Defensive Miltank.

It does have base 100 Speed which is pretty good as well.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 11:40 pm

I don't think Heart Stamp should really be there, as it's kind of an inferior Zen Headbutt and Stomp. Double Edge is kind of inferior to Return, but if someone wants it I'll change my vote from the always awesome Present.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 5:00 pm

Blue, we're going with Sap Sipper for everyone to have the HA available in case they want to breed one themselves. But it's supposed to be a Thick Fat set. And I believe the result of the poll won't change, so I'm going to start collecting EMs. In case anybody wants to have something revised, shout out.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 5:14 pm

In all honesty, do we really need to do an actual Sap Sipper set? I mean, I understand wanting the HA, but really I don't think anyone is going to use Miltank outside of just testing out non-traditional teams, and if you are willing to test out teams like that, I'm pretty sure you can get the HA yourself and breed from ours... so shouldn't we just go with the better ability and go Thick Fat? As this whole "Breed the HA even if its worthless just because logic isn't always consistent"
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 5:21 pm

I'm with zoid here. Sap sipper is a fine ability I guess, but with thick fat as an option, I really don't see ever using sap sipper, unless you do some petal blizzard thing. But man, that seems pretty bad when the end result is a slightly more powerful Miltank.

Heck, its other standard ability is better than sap sipper in my opinion with the prevalence of ghosts.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 5:39 pm

While I agree that we shouldn't breed worthless HAs just because they're HAs, I don't agree that Sap Sipper is worthless, so...
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 5:58 pm

cmzoid wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can get the HA yourself and breed from ours...

Miltank is only female though, so even if we had gotten Sap Sipper elsewhere, we'll have to re-breed the egg moves from scratch.

Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 pm

I think thick fat is really more useful than sap sipper, especially for this set. But sap sipper has its uses too. Also, getting the HA in X/Y is a real pain since you have to battle hordes with 4 tauros and only 1 miltank. I'm not sure if it's easier in ORAS.

If we're voting on this, I'll vote for thick fat just because I already have a sap sipper miltank. But I'm okay with either ability
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 11:42 pm

bash678 wrote:
cmzoid wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can get the HA yourself and breed from ours...

Miltank is only female though, so even if we had gotten Sap Sipper elsewhere, we'll have to re-breed the egg moves from scratch.

Bash, you bring up an excellent point. I actually will change my stance, sorry rafa, but seeing as it's female only, breeding from one of ours won't work.

Seeing as there is support for Sap Sipper and given the female ratio here, this seems pretty cut and dried.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 1:11 pm

Alright. Starting this tonight.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 2:02 pm

What bash said, its pretty much best to stick with Sap Sipper at this point.

rafa wrote:
Blue, we're going with Sap Sipper for everyone to have the HA available in case they want to breed one themselves. But it's supposed to be a Thick Fat set. And I believe the result of the poll won't change, so I'm going to start collecting EMs. In case anybody wants to have something revised, shout out.

Dont have problems with Sap Sipper however I do have problems with Sap Sipper + Careful. I believe another nature may be better here as Careful will always do best with Thick Fat and you can just use a Careful father to get Thick Fat later and give another nature to the Sap Sipper set so it actually has use other than just a HA parent for a Thick Fat Careful one.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Agree with blue, I was actually thinking of this last night. Maybe jolly.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 1:30 pm

This is beginning to look like a "wynaut both?" case XD
Jolly Sap Sipper with more offensive moves + Careful Thick Fat with more support moves
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 2:58 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
This is beginning to look like a "wynaut both?" case XD
Jolly Sap Sipper with more offensive moves + Careful Thick Fat with more support moves

That settles it lol The only change I made was Double-Edge instead of Curse in the jolly set
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 10:47 pm

[Finished] Miltank 2649625d2abe63c7d66c958aa9c476dd6cae917da286a25713a7de36fef1ea0c
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Miltank Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Miltank   [Finished] Miltank Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Miltank
Page 1 of 1