Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 6:07 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Possible Big Boom
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Adamant
Item: Normal Gem
IV spread: 31/31/31/X/31/31
Hidden Power: N/A
Egg Moves:
- Counter
- Curse
- Self Destruct
- Whirlwind

Set 2 : Defensive Snorlax
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Careful
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/31/31/X/31/31
Hidden Power: N/A
Egg Moves:
- Counter
- Curse
- Fissure
- Whirlwind

I'll try for both, but since its a frustrating breed, I might take a while.

Last edited by cmzoid on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 7:04 pm

I think Careful can pass as Snorlax, it wont need Self Destruct so not much reason to go Munchlax there.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 8:30 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
I think Careful can pass as Snorlax, it wont need Self Destruct so not much reason to go Munchlax there.

The careful was more so that if I got one from the Munchlax breed, I'd just go with that. With the low female rate, and the lack of egg moves jumping out, I'd try to do the same egg moves for both sets, but yeah, if I get the Adamant first, I'd just go with that and possibly piece together a 4th egg move on the Careful set.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 10:46 pm

B-but... impish... O.O
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 2:20 pm

Impish is awful on Snorlax, second best on Munchlax. Careful gets you the best Snorlax set, and adamant gets you the second and third best Snorlax sets and the best Munchlax sets. Careful is absolutely non negotiable, and adamant is better than impish by quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 2:23 pm

Also, zoid, just go for adamant Munchlax and careful Snorlax. I second what blue said. Careful doesn't really do much for Munchlax, so honestly, it's a giant waste of effort when it's never used for self destruct anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 4:30 pm

I completely disagree.

An Impish Snorlax, max HP and max defense, with Belly Drum, Rest, Body Slam, Fire Punch and a chesto berry got me to the top 15 of Pokemon Online in gen 5 (see my sig).
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 5:14 pm

I say do Snorlax last, since you have no control of the Nature if you get Careful on your way to Adamant its at least good for collection purposes. But if you get Adamant first then you should breed Snorlax seperate. The fact you cant control the nature its likely you might just get a unwanted Careful 5IV anyways.

You might get every nature 6IV and female before you get the 5IV Adamant one you want anyways Razz
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 11:10 pm

inb4 42 shinies, while I still haven't gotten a single one in my whole breeding career.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
I completely disagree.

An Impish Snorlax, max HP and max defense, with Belly Drum, Rest, Body Slam, Fire Punch and a chesto berry got me to the top 15 of Pokemon Online in gen 5 (see my sig).

That was a long time ago. Not to discount your accomplishments, because that's tight.

Ok, it isn't terrible. However, that is an anecdotal argument. Careful and Adamant are far and away the most used natures on this guy.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 9:07 am

In reference to the post earlier, this has actually been in progress for a while now. I have the egg moves done, and am working (slowly) on getting the IVs up to a good level.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 11:46 pm

Hey zoid if you want I can take care of Careful Snorlax for you if you send me a female parent? If your still stuck with the endless Munchlax eggs I can get Fissure myself and finish of Snorlax?
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 9:29 pm

It seems that zoid has not mentioned this but he needs help for Munchlax as after several boxes of eggs and wasted potential female 6IVs and even shiny(ies?) Munchlaxes he still hasn't gotten one showing how cruel breeding baby Pokemon can be.

He mentioned he might give out parents for help but honestly I feel like we have slowed tremendously recently as we try to get this type done.

I suggest we just stick with Snorlax and I can add the Munchlax set to my MimeJr./Azurill/Bonsly topic for future breeding. Perhaps I can make it a contribution thread as well. I'll get good parents for all 3 and work on them from time to time and if anyone would like to contribute they can pick them up so we can save it for later outside the type.

Zoid has done alot of the work though and has made this very easy for someone to pick up.

The odds of getting an Adamant 5IV with two 6IV parents is 1/150 (1/25 nature * 1/6 -SpA) this is about 5 boxes worth but thats as good as its ever gonna get.

We could try to finish it but as said we have been slowing down again and I think its about time we moved past Normal.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 3:35 pm

I'm absolutely fine with just Snorlax. The only Munchlax-exclusive move that's worth mentioning is Stockpile, and it's considerably inferior to Curse anyway, so... Just do Snorlax so we can get this over with!
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 8:25 pm

Last I asked about Snorlax zoid said he had it done as he worked on it before attempting Munchlax.

With that said this type should be pretty much done after all you guys get your collected pokes together for distribution.

Distribution has always took a while and lately hasn't caused too much of an influence with moving on so I think we should get ready for whats next hopefully soon so we can give people a reason to be active again.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 11:26 pm

I got some more midterm work to do this week but hopefully I can wrap up normal and get the rebreed phase going next week, probably wednesday, or friday at worst.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Snorlax Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Snorlax   [Finished] Snorlax Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Snorlax
Page 1 of 1