Bunselpower
Paintballers
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Paintballers
Breeder
Paintballers

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:55 am

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Baton Passer
Ability: run away
Nature: timid
Item: black sludge or leftovers
IV spread: 31/X/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
-baton pass
-toxic spikes
-morning sun(also considering rage powder or signal beam)
-giga drain

Last edited by Paintballers on Sat May 31, 2014 9:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paintballers
Breeder
Paintballers

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:58 am

Will post the set later today
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyFri May 23, 2014 9:57 am

I don't know, I don't really like this set.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyFri May 23, 2014 9:59 am

If someone else decides to make a thread for venonat before you write the set they're going to get it, though. I specified in the rules that if 2 people choose the same pokemon, the one who first posted a correctly edited thread gets it.
Back to top Go down
Paintballers
Breeder
Paintballers

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyFri May 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
I don't know, I don't really like this set.

The set will only reveal itself to worthy breeders!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyFri May 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Or maybe my level of breeding has reached a metaphysical level so great that puny Venonat are no longer visible to me!
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyFri May 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Or maybe my level of breeding has reached a metaphysical level so great that puny Venonat are no longer visible to me!

If that is the case, whats going to happen to the person who picks Weedle to breed?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyFri May 23, 2014 3:56 pm

There will be a hole in the computer screen where that topic is.
Back to top Go down
Paintballers
Breeder
Paintballers

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyFri May 23, 2014 5:13 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
There will be a hole in the computer screen where that topic is.

Venomoth is pretty bad ass although I agree venonat looks kinda like a moth ball  lol! 
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyFri May 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Would tinted lens be a better ability for it?
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyFri May 23, 2014 6:31 pm

ed819 wrote:
Would tinted lens be a better ability for it?

That's probably debatable. Wonder Skin gives status moves used against it 50% accuracy allowing it to avoid things like Taunt and Status though Tinted Lens allows it to be able to attack more.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyFri May 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Yeah, I was thinking of using venomoth offensively. Though wonder skin would be better if your aim was to pass quiver dances.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyFri May 23, 2014 6:46 pm

I like Wonder Skin solely because there are better offensive Quiver Dancers out there, not to mention Wonder Skin may actually help you to secure more than one boost from an offensive standpoint.
Back to top Go down
Paintballers
Breeder
Paintballers

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:08 pm

What do you guys think about the moveset? I'm debating the third move since we have giga drain not sure if morning sun is the best move to keep over the other two I mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:18 pm

Signal Beam is worse than Bug Buzz and is a Venonat Level Up move if you really want it. Morning Sun is inferior to Roost, which it gets. I'd actually go with Skill Swap, I bet swapping Tinted Lens to a Mega Garchomp would be pretty terrifying, especially if you just passed him a Quiver Dance the turn before.
Back to top Go down
Paintballers
Breeder
Paintballers

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptySun May 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Anyone else want to chime in on the last move for venonat? I'll add a poll to determine it
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptySun May 25, 2014 4:15 pm

I'd go skill swap just because it might could get used in doubles (maybe)
Back to top Go down
Paintballers
Breeder
Paintballers

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptySun May 25, 2014 6:41 pm

cmzoid wrote:

Does anyone have a skill swap venonat? It's a move tutor move and I don't have pokemon black 2 for it. Just checking in case it ends up winning the poll...
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptySun May 25, 2014 6:44 pm

Paintballers wrote:
cmzoid wrote:

Does anyone have a skill swap venonat?  It's a move tutor move and I don't have pokemon black 2 for it.  Just checking in case it ends up winning the poll...

I can probably get you one in a few. Getting my dark/ghost pokemon now, and will be getting dinner after that. Not sure if I have the shards needed, but I have the games Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paintballers
Breeder
Paintballers

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptySun May 25, 2014 7:01 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Paintballers wrote:
cmzoid wrote:

Does anyone have a skill swap venonat?  It's a move tutor move and I don't have pokemon black 2 for it.  Just checking in case it ends up winning the poll...

I can probably get you one in a few. Getting my dark/ghost pokemon now, and will be getting dinner after that. Not sure if I have the shards needed, but I have the games Very Happy

Not sure how move tutor moves work but would it be possible for me to trade you my venonat and then you put the move on it? Since my venonat already has good ivs and the other egg moves
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptySun May 25, 2014 7:06 pm

Paintballers wrote:

Not sure how move tutor moves work but would it be possible for me to trade you my venonat and then you put the move on it?  Since my venonat already has good ivs and the other egg moves

Sadly no, because it has to be done on Black 2, and there is no wifi for Gen 5 anymore and the pokebank can't go back to Black 2.
Back to top Go down
Paintballers
Breeder
Paintballers

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptySun May 25, 2014 7:40 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Paintballers wrote:

Not sure how move tutor moves work but would it be possible for me to trade you my venonat and then you put the move on it?  Since my venonat already has good ivs and the other egg moves

Sadly no, because it has to be done on Black 2, and there is no wifi for Gen 5 anymore and the pokebank can't go back to Black 2.

Hopefully more people want rage powder over skill swap then lol
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyMon May 26, 2014 10:54 pm

It looks like Rage Powder has won, quickly, start before they change their minds!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyTue May 27, 2014 12:21 am

I just realized that I have this exact Venonat (with rage powder). Exactly the same. I do apologize, I didn't realize it had all these egg moves. I hate it I didn't see it until just now looking through my pokes. Sorry Sad it's level 1, and is untouched. (May have pokerus)
Back to top Go down
Paintballers
Breeder
Paintballers

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat EmptyThu May 29, 2014 8:35 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
I just realized that I have this exact Venonat (with rage powder). Exactly the same. I do apologize, I didn't realize it had all these egg moves. I hate it I didn't see it until just now looking through my pokes. Sorry :(it's level 1, and is untouched. (May have pokerus)

I should have a similar venonat already so breeding it shouldn't be a problem. Rage powder wins!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Venonat Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Venonat   [Finished] Venonat Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Venonat
Page 1 of 1