Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Seviper Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Seviper   [Finished] Seviper EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Mixed
Ability: Infiltrator
Nature: Naughty
Item: Life Orb
IV spread: 30/31/30/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Ice
Egg Moves:
-Body Slam
-Final Gambit
-Iron Tail
-Switcheroo

After all our discussion this is the Seviper I will breed so far.

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:42 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Seviper Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seviper   [Finished] Seviper EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:51 pm

I'm still on my first you jerk.

No but seriously, if you've got the time go right ahead. I did 5 the last time. I am just swamped this go around. It's wedding season.

Is a mixed set an option? Seviper is really bad, and I'm wondering if instead of doing two sets we can just make it into one. A scarfed mixed set seems fun. Naughty (or maybe naive? This thing's pretty dang slow) would be best because priority, also, it's physical move pool seems much better than its special, and it gets earthquake, better imo than hp ground. Maybe add final gambit instead of punishment, maybe not.

I do wish it had giga drain, I'd like to see how this thing does as an AV user.

In the end, I don't see the need to give this guy two sets. It's going to add another poke to the trade that isn't really necessary, the pure special set isn't very good, at least right now.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Seviper Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seviper   [Finished] Seviper EmptyFri May 30, 2014 3:00 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
I'm still on my first you jerk.

No but seriously, if you've got the time go right ahead. I did 5 the last time. I am just swamped this go around. It's wedding season.

Is a mixed set an option? Seviper is really bad, and I'm wondering if instead of doing two sets we can just make it into one. A scarfed mixed set seems fun. Naughty (or maybe naive? This thing's pretty dang slow) would be best because priority, also, it's physical move pool seems much better than its special, and it gets earthquake, better imo than hp ground. Maybe add final gambit instead of punishment, maybe not.

I do wish it had giga drain, I'd like to see how this thing does as an AV user.

In the end, I don't see the need to give this guy two sets. It's going to add another poke to the trade that isn't really necessary, the pure special set isn't very good, at least right now.

Wow, I thought this had a better TM movepool(from the special side) than it actually does looking back after you said this o_o could've sworn it got T-Bolt, Fire Blast and other nice coverage moves and now I check Zangoose and it has an amazing special movepool...

Mixed might not be a bad idea. Any possible Hidden Power though? I feel it might need more type coverage if necessary.

If Mixed Ems should be: Body Slam, Final Gambit, Iron Tail, Switcheroo
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Seviper Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seviper   [Finished] Seviper EmptyFri May 30, 2014 3:19 pm

Yeah, I did a quick gloss over and was very disappointed with its special move pool. Other than flamethrower, the unavailable giga drain, and sludge bomb (whoop de doo poison jab) it has nothing on the special side.

Egg moves are exactly what I was thinking.

As far as hp goes, I don't really know. Looking at the types not hit super effectively by poison, dark, and ground, it looks like water, ice, normal, fighting, ground, flying, bug, Dragon, and dark are on the table. I'm thinking hp ice. His three of those types super effectively, not to mention those types combine into dual typed pokes pretty often.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Seviper Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seviper   [Finished] Seviper EmptyFri May 30, 2014 6:15 pm

I'm the lone person rooting for the 2 sets at this point... though I guess I'll cave, and change my vote for mixed too.

Last edited by cmzoid on Fri May 30, 2014 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Seviper Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seviper   [Finished] Seviper EmptyFri May 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Looks like Mixed is the way to go. Should I either go a 30/31/30/31/31/31 spread for Hidden Power Ice to be able to hit Ground and Dragon types even if we don't use it going mixed means likely we wont invest in HP/Def anyways not affecting Lv 50 stats. Or should I just go standard 6IV?

As for the ability Shed Skin or Infiltrator?

My preference is in the first post but other opinions are welcome.

Also what is the best nature to go?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Seviper Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seviper   [Finished] Seviper EmptyFri May 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Wow... this thing has a ton of problems that I didn't even realize... It can't really take any strong hits and its base speed is just lacking. Taking this into account, I'd go infiltrator, because while shed skin can help deal with status, there are just so many other ways to take Seviper down that status isn't your biggest concern (and its immune to toxic).

As for nature, as stated earlier, it can't really take a hit, so you might as well increase your more important attacking stat at the expense of whatever defense you think is less worth while keeping. I'd personally go Lonely, because it will be ruined by EQ no matter what you do, and I think the final set, while mixed, will have more focus for physical, so boosting attack is likely beneficial.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Seviper Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seviper   [Finished] Seviper EmptyFri May 30, 2014 9:40 pm

I voted for a mixed set. Since everyone seems to agree that Seviper doesn't have a good special movepool, I'd go with Naughty for the nature.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Seviper Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seviper   [Finished] Seviper EmptyFri May 30, 2014 11:09 pm

I'd go for the HP Ice spread listed.

Also, Zoid brings up something I forgot to address earlier, Infiltrator is absolutely better for this poke. No chance it's living long enough to actually shed it's skin.

And just as quickly as I agreed with Zoid, I like Naughty better just so it can live a few more priority hits.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Seviper Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seviper   [Finished] Seviper EmptyFri May 30, 2014 11:14 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
I'd go for the HP Ice spread listed.

Also, Zoid brings up something I forgot to address earlier, Infiltrator is absolutely better for this poke. No chance it's living long enough to actually shed it's skin.

And just as quickly as I agreed with Zoid, I like Naughty better just so it can live a few more priority hits.

Yeah, Naughty is probably better looking at it. Though I did a damage calculator and saw that it would basically always be 2HKOed by mega-scizor bullet punch, which is my standard to compare, unless you completely invest in HP and defense. Basically, its defenses suck lol

Edit: Damage calculations for this thing are just sad... it survives basically nothing for long lol
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Seviper Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seviper   [Finished] Seviper EmptyFri May 30, 2014 11:17 pm

I agree that infiltrator should be the ability for it
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Seviper Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seviper   [Finished] Seviper EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:18 pm

1. How to I remove/change polls for future reference.

2. Unfortunately it'll take way too long for me to Chain breed 30 HP off a Ducklett. I'd rather test my luck with my x/31/30/31/31/31 Seviper and 31/31/30/31/31/31 Chimchar parents till I get the 30 HP randomly. So looks like this'll be the last one I'll do as it may take longer than I thought unless I luck out like Budew.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Seviper Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seviper   [Finished] Seviper EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:22 pm

I got it for you. There's a box to be checked at the very bottom that says delete poll. Then just save the post and it'll delete it.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Seviper Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seviper   [Finished] Seviper EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 5:42 pm

Finally got it. 30/31/30/31/31/31 HA Female w/ all the EMs listed so I'm finished.

I used 2 x/31/30/31/31/31 parents so took a while yet I did everything in one day so that's nice as I got lucky I got the 30 I needed randomly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Seviper Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Seviper   [Finished] Seviper Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Seviper
Page 1 of 1