ed819
Mademoiselle C
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Smoochum Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1
Ability: Hydration (Turns to Dry Skin)
Nature: Timid
Item: Wide Lens
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Nasty Plot
- Miracle Eye
- Wish
- Fake Out

Last edited by ed819 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:13 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 pm

Looks good, most of her egg moves are useless anyway. Maybe I'd go with Focus Sash for the item, or Wide Lens (to make Lovely Kiss more accurate), since we already have tons of Life Orbs
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Ok. Wide Lens is a good idea
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:32 am

I agree with this pretty much Smile maybe do Captivate over Fake out? Since Jynx' attack stat is terrible lol. If i'm missing something out, tell me lol (either way they're both getting tossed for something better later on haha)
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:33 am

I'd go wish over Fake Out.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:58 am

Wish is already there...

And I doubt Jynx would ever go physical so Captivate is useless.

I think the egg moves are perfect as they are. There aren't so many good options.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:02 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Wish is already there...

And I doubt Jynx would ever go physical so Captivate is useless.

I think the egg moves are perfect as they are. There aren't so many good options.

I don't understand, doesn't captivate lower the targets special attack if the target is the other gender? seems a little bit more useful to me than an attack that essentially delays a turn (with 50 base attack it's not doing any significant damage). At least this can help something out after it faints (crippling other special attackers i mean).

Like you said it's never gonna go Physical Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:15 am

Oh sorry for some reason I mixed up Captivate and Meditate.

I still prefer Fake Out because it breaks focus sash. And also, say you're facing a Cloyster that has only 1 hp left because it used a sash, and you don't have any other priority move, you'll be glad you have a Jynx with Fake Out Razz
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:15 am

Oops, I guess Captivate over it assuming it isnt a TM anymore. Its attack is so weak its not worth using.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:16 am

(Also Ed already has a Smoochum with all the EMs so I don't think a move like Captivate is worth the extra effort of rebreeding it XD)
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:18 am

All that he needs to do is Gen4TM Captivate a Male Sableye and migrate it over so shouldnt be that hard imo unless he already has it bred.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:25 am

Not worth the effort and I still prefer Fake Out to break sashes
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:32 am

I probably still wouldnt use Fake Out as Jynx loses to pretty much every lead I can think of. Both are useless but just like Captivate more. But if ed already has one bred w/ Fake Out I wont argue just to make it easier for him

But it better be in a matching ball ... jk
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:37 am

The set is cool. I'd go with Fake Out anyway, but since Ed already has a Smoochum with those EMs, there's really no reason in changing them, knowing that it wouldn't matter that much anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:42 am

I won't argue either, i was under the impression that they still hadn't been done, I do prefer captivate but since they're both pretty useless imo it doesn't matter Very Happy

There are 1000000 things with fake out to use before jynx lol

Also don't listen to Blue, just use whatever you have (if it's in a special ball so be it).
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 1:41 pm

I really don't think I'd use captivate or fake out... so... umm...

(you didn't hear this from me... but I'd just use whatever you have already, as I don't think it really matters...)
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 5:24 pm

No one is going to use either of those moves. Flip a coin.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Oh, I'm ok with replacing fake out with captivate if that's what the majority wants. I have a jynx with all of those egg moves so adding one more won't be a problem. I'll make a poll.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 am

I don't see a point in replacing it so i voted fake out Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Smoochum   [Finished] Smoochum Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Smoochum
Page 1 of 1