Mademoiselle C
ed819
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 7:17 am

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Head Smash
Ability: Hustle
Nature: Adamant
Item: Choice Band
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Head Smash
- Curse
- Icicle Spear
- Amnesia

Last edited by ed819 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 7:23 am

Corsola's stats are geared towards a more defensive build, but with no access to stealth rock, I don't know what this pokemon can do this gen.

There's an option to go offensive, with Adamant nature, Hustle ability, and head smash for one of its egg moves. But since its base attack is only 55, I'm not sure if that's a good idea. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 8:15 am

Have you seen Corsola's smogon page? They're being so mean to that poor coral XD http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/corsola

You can keep that set but replace ingrain with barrier, cause with regenerator you don't really want to be ingrained. It learns aqua ring by level up so that's better.

I must say I agree with Smogon for once: that thing is just a piece of... coral XD
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 8:17 am

Also of we're using bold and lowering its attack, curse is useless, so you could replace it with... idk what XD
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 8:49 am

Maybe I could replace curse with haze?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:14 am

I'm just going to throw it out here, but there is a gimmick set that his like a truck. Corsola is so bad defensively that I feel like this may be an option. Ed mentioned it, it's the attacking set.

An Adamant Hustle Choice Banded Head Smash is a 60 % accurate nuke. I've calculated it before, it actually can 2HKO fully defensive Cresselia. That isn't a typo.

With no rocks, I suggest we go that way. It also gets Icicle Spear as an egg move too, which is nice.

I have one already, so it's not a big deal if we go defensive. It does get scald, Recover, and Regenerator.

Here's the calc for those interested.

252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Corsola Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 223-264 (50.2 - 59.4%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:37 am

60% accuracy is soooo bad XD

Honestly though I really don't care, that thing is even worse than Farfetch'd in any case Razz
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:42 am

To be fair, it's 64%.

I'd love to bring it to an OU match, switch in on Talonflame, and just let one fly and see how much carnage ensues with whatever poor soul wants to take it.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:44 am

And then it's going to miss and you're going to lose. Razz
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:45 am

Not if I baton pass it hone claws.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:46 am

If a Physical set like Bunsel's is considered I feel base 35 Spe warrants a Brave nature.

EMs: Amnesia, Curse, Head Smash, Icicle Spear
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:48 am

Oh god, baton pass it a bunch of hone claws and a bunch of agilities and it's going to sweeeeeeep.

Until it dies from recoil.

Unless mach punch.

Unless Aggron.

Unless Ferrothorn.

Yeah...
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:56 am

That's why you carry earthquake. Deal some damage on the switch.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 10:11 am

Ooh. I'm loving the enthusiasm. Ok, I'll remake the proposed set. Should I go brave or adamant?
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 10:12 am

Also I have a Corsola safari(I think and hope I still have) as well as can get them in HG if you want matching balls for either ability?
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 10:16 am

The one I have is in a dive ball. Which kinda matches because it's a coral?
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 10:17 am

ed819 wrote:
The one I have is in a dive ball. Which kinda matches because it's a coral?

Yeah I say the best are Love/Dream/Dive so you should be fine with Dive.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 10:19 am

I'm always enthusiastic about corsola. In my second play through of silver, yes, I went through my first play through without seeing one, I caught a corsola when trying to catch a surfing pokemon in olivine. Thought it was the coolest thing, because I didn't even know it existed.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 10:51 am

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu *quote BDB*

I wanted to corsola, but do us justice! It's so cute :3 Also i pretty much agree with the set Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 11:59 am

So sad... it deserves an evolution or mega Sad it doesn't give us that many options lol
If we're going offensive, I'd go adamant
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 6:48 pm

@dragon-flower: It is super cute, which is why I decided to breed it Smile

I remade the set with the suggestions made in the previous posts. Let me know if you want other egg moves to be included in the set.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 6:54 pm

I would love if they created a battle mode with random terrains Sad camouflage would become very interesting
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 11:12 am

It really would, i have a Corsola with camouflage as an egg move and it sucks that it basically does nothing helpful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Corsola Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corsola   [Finished] Corsola Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Corsola
Page 1 of 1