Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Shieldon Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:00 am

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Support
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Careful
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Curse
- Rock Blast (based on poll)
- Stealth Rock
- Wide Guard

Got lucky. Got a 6IV

Last edited by bash678 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:06 am

Omg thank you.

That set's fine with me. The only really important move is Stealth Rock. Maybe I'd do Rock Blast instead of either Wide Guard, Curse or Counter, but really it's up to you, just pick the moves that are easiest for you to get so that we can finally get this thing done XD

Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:12 am

What about Guard Split for doubles/triples?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:19 am

I like those 4 honestly. Curse could at least be used to boost defense,actually, if it learns metal burst, I think counter could be replaced.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:34 am

I think Wide Guard sees more usage in doubles/triples than Guard Split to avoid common multi-hit moves like Rock Slide, Earthquake, or Dazzling Gleam. Bastiodon also learns Metal Burst naturally but I could probably replace Counter for Rock Blast.

Stealth Rock is indeed the most important egg move there though.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:38 am

Stealth Rocks, Wide Guard, Rock Blast and Curse would work. But like I said, if 2 moves are almost equally useful, just pick the one that's easier for you to get.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:47 am

Yes, I will.

By the way, I just noticed the «Thank You» banner. Lol. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:49 am

And in case there's any confusion, you can start anytime. Careful is best, not much debate with egg moves. If MC agrees, go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:51 am

Yeah, screw the 48 hour delay XD
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:52 am

Bunselpower wrote:
And in case there's any confusion, you can start anytime. Careful is best, not much debate with egg moves. If MC agrees, go ahead.

Alright. That's cool.

I'll start collecting egg moves later so that I can get started by tomorrow and hopefully have this finished by Saturday.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 12:40 pm

Its so weak that even Rock Blast might not help you get past Subs unless you set up alot.

I'd argue Guard Split or Body Slam over Rock Blast and possibly Sassy nature since its so slow.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 12:44 pm

Nah, definitely Careful.

And I'd rather trust Smogon on this one and go with Rock Blast, but if everyone prefers Guard Split that's fine.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 12:50 pm

I also think Guard Split is better...
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Alright. Let's put up a poll for the last egg move.

I'd go for Careful too for the nature.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Guard split, though, only averages out defense. You'll probably get less of a boost than just baton passing a stockpile. Curse with rock blast could work well enough. There are some low tier things that run sub to beat stuff, and ice types are pretty common too. This thing is so slow, guard split counts on the frail thing you want to boost living two hits, and that's not gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 1:06 pm

Alright. I got lucky. Got a 6IV.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shieldon   [Finished] Shieldon Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Shieldon
Page 1 of 1