7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Chinchou Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1: Rain Dance
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Modest
Item: Damp Rock
IV spread: 31/even/31/30/31/30
Hidden Power: Fire
Egg Moves:
- Agility
- Brine
- Psybeam
- Whirlpool

Set 2: Defensive
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Calm
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Whirlpool
- Soak
- Amnesia
- Mist

This one deserves a mega Sad anyway... opinions? Very Happy

Last edited by rafa on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:23 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Think Calm should be considered w/ Volt Absorb

With the EMs:

Soak
Whirlpool
Amnesia
Mist/Agility

Also darn I cant discuss matching balls upon this D:

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:23 pm

I think my 4 favourite egg moves for it would be Amnesia, Brine, Soak and Whirlpool.
Water Pulse is completely outclassed by Scald and Surf, Psybeam is kinda weak and doesn't add any relevant coverage, Agility isn't such a good option on a defensive pokemon like Lanturn, and Mist is just kinda useless on any competitive pokemon.
Amnesia, Brine, Soak and Whirlpool are all kind of situational, but I still see them being more useful than the other moves.
Gotta get more opinions on that though.

Also I'd like to have a bold set. Lanturn has so many options (bold, calm and modest are all viable with different sets) I think you could definitely breed 2 sets.

Btw would HP fire/grass be an option on the modest set?
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:41 pm

So...

HP Fire or Grass on the modest set

and

Set 2: Bold or Calm
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:52 pm

I realize volt absorb helps cover a weakness, but water moves are a lot more common (scald). I'm thinking maybe water absorb would be better.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
I realize volt absorb helps cover a weakness, but water moves are a lot more common (scald).  I'm thinking maybe water absorb would be better.

I thought about that. Maybe one set with Volt Absorb, the other with Water Absorb?
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:58 pm

Another set with Water Absorb would be good. Maybe a Bold set?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:03 pm

Volt absorb is usually a lot better, since you resist water moves anyway

And a bold set DEFINITELY needs volt absorb because it doesn't have enough special def to take electric moves well.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:13 pm

The defensive set needs Volt Absorb as even though Water is more common Electric types will always do more and its better to get an immunity to one you take neutrally compared to one you resist.

Agility/Mist I find more useful than Brine since at least you might be able to justify either in a super situational set but if your using something like Brine over Scald your doing something wrong.

I think Calm is the best for a defensive set. Seeing alot of Bold but Lanturn's resistances fit for Calm better as it cant take Ground moves no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:18 pm

I've actually been using Lanturn quite a lot and I've had a lot of success with the bold sets.

Also the point of Brine is to use in Doubles to finish up bulky pokemon. It's very situational, but I still like it better than Agility or Mist.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:24 pm

I have to disagree. Immunity to electricity is a lot easier to find than immunity to water. But I mean, it's whatever you guys want, without heal bell it's a lot worse.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Immunity to electricity on a water type that isn't 4X weak to grass is a lot harder to find than water immunity on a water type. Water absorb is a very common ability on water types that are a lot better than Lanturn. Volt Absorb + being able to take grass hits decently is the only reason to use Lanturn instead of all those other water and water/ground types.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:35 pm

And honestly, I'd rather have a Calm and a Bold set, and no Modest set. Because I agree with Blue that Calm is really good, but I also really want a Bold set because that's very good too... Lanturn is definitely a defensive pokemon, I don't think a Modest set is that necessary.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:39 pm

I'd be interested in Calm+Bold. That way whichever one I evolve I can keep the other as a Eviolite Chinchou :3
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:41 pm

There, I added a poll.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:06 pm

Pssst, Blue, so far the votes are 1-0-1 so if you want a Calm set you should vote for Calm + Bold Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:09 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Pssst, Blue, so far the votes are 1-0-1 so if you want a Calm set you should vote for Calm + Bold Very Happy

Nah I'd rather be the deciding vote o.o
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 4:49 pm

Alright... Calm & Modest are winning. Should I do both sets with the same EMs? And btw, we still haven't decided what those will be lol
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 7:16 pm

Well i still gotta vote so wonder if I should tie it? Surprised

anyways in the case of 2 defenses sets both should be the same. In the case of a Modest set the Modest set should have more offensive oriented egg moves w/ Agility and Brine being guranteed a slot.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 6:44 pm

More opinions!!!
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Opinion
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:21 pm

KJABLEWHVCIUWEBLVJEB HELP SOMEONE!
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:22 pm

Conflicting Opinion
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:23 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Conflicting Opinion

ENRAGED COUNTER TO CONFLICTING OPINION!
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:24 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
cmzoid wrote:
Conflicting Opinion

Passive dismissal of enraged counter combined with joking counter point with a hint of O.O
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:35 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Dragon-Flower wrote:
cmzoid wrote:
Conflicting Opinion

Passive dismissal of enraged counter combined with joking counter point with a hint of O.O

Embarrassed accepting of passive dismissal with the addition of a Smile
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:43 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
cmzoid wrote:
Dragon-Flower wrote:
cmzoid wrote:
Conflicting Opinion

Consise statement expressing the comedy of these posts
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:49 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Dragon-Flower wrote:
cmzoid wrote:
Dragon-Flower wrote:
cmzoid wrote:
Conflicting Opinion

Consise statement expressing the comedy of these posts

Really?  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:52 pm

Defensive set should have either Water Pulse(for parafusion) or Mist as the final EM. Maybe Brine. I'm voting for Mist since it makes its moves more "colorful" giving it an Ice Move.

Modest one however should have:

Agility
Psybeam(added coverage you'll never use)
Brine(b/c its amazing)
Soak/Whirlpool

With possible consideration for HP Grass

Also are you considering matching balls?
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:56 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Defensive set should have either Water Pulse(for parafusion) or Mist as the final EM. Maybe Brine. I'm voting for Mist since it makes its moves more "colorful" giving it an Ice Move.

Agility
Brine(b/c its amazing)
Whirlpool

I was just thinking about it. Do you have a female chinchou in some cool ball?
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:59 pm

rafa wrote:
BlueDryBones1 wrote:

Agility
Brine(b/c its amazing)
Whirlpool

I was just thinking about it. Do you have a female chinchou in some cool ball?

I have Moon Ball one that I got a while back in HG. I also have some of the EMs on a Calm Male if you want to use it to speed things up.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 1:03 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
I have Moon Ball one that I got a while back in HG. I also have some of the EMs on a Calm Male if you want to use it to speed things up.

Alright. I'll get them both later with the rhyhorn that I'll NN. thks
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 1:25 pm

Comment that sums up conversation in a lighthearted and cheery manner Smile
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 5:43 pm

any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 7:37 pm

rafa wrote:
any other ideas?

A possible new idea which is sort of gimmicky, but has some appeal
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 7:46 pm

cmzoid wrote:
rafa wrote:
any other ideas?

Excited agreement with gimmicky idea and a mention of a negative point to its functionality but quick sum up of its overall usefulness.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 7:54 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
cmzoid wrote:
rafa wrote:
any other ideas?

Excited agreement with gimmicky idea and a mention of a negative point to its functionality but quick sum up of its overall usefulness.

Somewhat disheartened sigh followed by acceptance that the proposed idea was in fact a long shot.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 7:59 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Dragon-Flower wrote:
cmzoid wrote:
rafa wrote:
any other ideas?

Somewhat disheartened sigh followed by acceptance that the proposed idea was in fact a long shot.

Cheery comment about how the set may be useful in doubles if used with suitable support.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:17 pm

What am I ever gonna do with those 2...

You can start breeding, with the final sets:

Egg Moves:
- Agility
- Brine
- Amnesia
- Whirlpool

Egg Moves:
- Whirlpool
- Soak
- Amnesia
- Mist

I put Water Absorb for the first set even if most people agree that Volt Absorb is better because it's the HA, so if someone (*cough*Bunsel*cough*) wants to have it, they will need a parent that has it.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:38 am

Finally! cheers after 1 week in discussion (cough cough zoid & dragon...) I can start breeding it :'D
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:34 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
What am I ever gonna do with those 2...

You can start breeding, with the final sets:

Egg Moves:
- Agility
- Brine
- Amnesia
- Whirlpool

Egg Moves:
- Whirlpool
- Soak
- Amnesia
- Mist

I put Water Absorb for the first set even if most people agree that Volt Absorb is better because it's the HA, so if someone (*cough*Bunsel*cough*) wants to have it, they will need a parent that has it.

Well the one I'm sending over has Psybeam so he can add it effortlessly if he wants to add it to set 1 over Amnesia? Otherwise it looks fine, lemme know when you want the parentss I have ready rafa.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:52 am

I'm fine with Psybeam over Amnesia on the first set
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:55 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:

alrighty
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:57 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:

I was going to edit the first set. Then Psybeam was already there... and no Amnesia! O.O You wanna drive me insane?!
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:59 am

Also rafa if you need Brine lemme know. If Basculin can learn Soak via Lv up as well then that might be of use to you as well. Basculin I have also has Agility if the one I gave you didnt have it and it also has Whirlpool.

However I prefer you restrain intentions from rebreeding when we do water with that parent for the guild as Basculin is the first poke I want for water as I have to attempt to convince of a 2nd set's superiority.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:59 am

Me? I didn't do anything... See, Amnesia is still there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:02 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Me? I didn't do anything... See, Amnesia is still there Very Happy

lol sorry... I could swear I had seen Psybeam there!  tongue  how was the concert?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:07 am

Awe-freaking-some.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 12:25 am

Finished the Calm set. Waiting on a guy to send me the HA Chinchou to move on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 11:22 pm

Woohoo! Got it Very Happy 31/26/31/30/31/30
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Chinchou   [Finished] Chinchou Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Chinchou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next