rafa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 10:12 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : The Unwanted Starter Sad
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Seed Bomb
- Superpower
- Stockpile
- Wide Guard

Set 2 : The Unwanted Starter 2 Sad
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Careful
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Seed Bomb
- Sand Tomb
- Stockpile
- Wide Guard

Last edited by rafa on Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:44 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 12:46 am

Impish set could probably be considered too, Leech Seed and Synthesis is a pretty good combo.

As far as EM's, what about Stockpile or Wide Guard? Stockpile raises both defenses and could be really useful on both a defensive and offensive set.

And I love Torterra, that may be the only gen where I really love all three starters.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 8:08 am

D: my brother chose turtwig when he still played pokemon......this was like 7 years ago lol (oh god it's been this long...) I chose Piplup though (because Infernape is ugly Razz )

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:15 am

That's because Piplup is the best.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:40 am

That's because water starters rule!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shrimpai
Breeder
Shrimpai

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:11 am

Bunselpower wrote:
That's because Piplup is the best.

I strongly agree with the aforementioned statement.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 11:11 am

We need one of these:

Careful Shell Armor Turtwig 31/31/31/x/31/31 (+Sand Tomb, Wide Guard, Seed Bomb, Body Slam/Stockpile/Superpower)

For Eviolite Grotle or Curse Torterra. Also Sand Tomb is really good on the Leech Seed sets.

Also when you finish this I'll use it to breed myself a shiny turtle in a illegal special ball.

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 11:47 am

Hm, I forgot about the Curse set. Yeah, that should probably be in there. Truthfully, each set has it's own merits. Why don't we skip the Impish, it's easy enough to breed off of the Careful, and Leech Seed isn't as reliable as being able to set up. Plus, the Adamant can be turned into a standard attacking set, a Choice Banded set, or a Rock Polish set, and the Careful, like Bones said, can be used at least two different ways, and the Impish set really only has one use. Do Careful, with those moves and probably Stockpile as the last, as Superpower kind of works against Curse and Body Slam is useful, but Stockpile/Sand Tomb/Leech Seed could be used as kind of a pseudo-trapping/boosting stall set. Plus, you have Return if you really need the coverage.

I'd like to open it up though, what are some other opinions on the egg moves?
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 12:35 pm

I updated. Is that it?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 1:04 pm

Yup, that's it. See what everyone else thinks.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 4:49 pm

Also I like Turtwig and the other turdlemons in general. Though I chose Chimchar b/c I choose the Fire starter in every game. I might make an exception in ORAS though b/c I want a Sceptile or Swamperite.

And my first playthrough of Emerald was with Treecko but I got stuck when those Wailmers blocked the path. I didnt know I was supposed to head to the museum so I restarted the game to read all the text to get the hint with Torchic and ever since that succesful playthrough on my first Pokemon game ever since I chose the Fire starter.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:31 am

I like Torterra. I had always chosen it during two playthroughs of Platinum. It is underrated.

For the last egg move, it's a toss up between Body Slam / Wide Guard. But I give the slight edge to Wide Guard for the doubles support. But the last egg move is entirely up to you.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:13 am

Yah,I think if you want a normal move, you're going to go with return. Go ahead with wide guard.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:43 pm

Does anyone have a Shell Armor (HA) Turtwig?
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 2:58 pm

This 12.5% female rate is killing me Mad
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 3:16 pm

I may have a female Shell Armor if you haven't gotten one yet. Not sure.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Zoid had one! Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 3:29 pm

Sure, sorry I didn't see that earlier.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:34 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Sure, sorry I didn't see that earlier.

There was no way you could know. He told me he had one in the chat lol
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 3:42 am

Yay! Finished Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Turtwig Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Turtwig   [Finished] Turtwig Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Turtwig
Page 1 of 1