Mademoiselle C
bash678
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Nosepass Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Nosepass   [Finished] Nosepass EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 11:01 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Defensive
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Calm
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Magnitude
- Stealth Rock
- Wide Guard
- Double-Edge

Last edited by ed819 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:10 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nosepass   [Finished] Nosepass EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 5:00 am

I would immediately vote for a Defensive set. But the trapping set also looks good, though admittedly I have yet to see it as a trapper as the only effective trapper I've encountered so far that sports a steel-typing is Magnezone.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nosepass   [Finished] Nosepass EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 6:09 am

Yeah, I haven't seen it as a trapper as well... I don't know... has anyone has any experience with iy as a trapper?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nosepass   [Finished] Nosepass EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:05 am

I think the only useful thing this pile of rock can do is set rocks, survive with sturdy, eat the berry that makes it move first, and explode.

And that berry (was it custap?) isn't even released in XY, so really all it can do is set rocks, and hope it still survives the next turn to explode.

I would go with the defensive set for that job.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nosepass   [Finished] Nosepass EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:12 am

I've never seen it as a trapper. And I would think trapper would require hp fire? And running a non STAB sixty base power move on a base 75 special attack doesn't seem like it's going to really do much.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nosepass   [Finished] Nosepass EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:26 am

I have a Calm HP Fire female in a Timer Ball if you would like to use it for breeding. Has Roll-Out(it gets Earthquake so didn't like Magnetude), Wide Guard, SR, Double-Edge
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nosepass   [Finished] Nosepass EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:18 pm

@bunsel: I just got these sets from smogon haha. Because it's used in the lower tiers, they use earth power instead of hp fire to deal with steel types. But I can breed the trapper set with hp fire if it wins (but no one seems to like it)

@bluedrybones: I already bred this before so I have all the egg moves. It'll be in a luxury ball though because I think it matches better
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nosepass   [Finished] Nosepass EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:52 pm

Yeah, ok, that makes sense. Earth Power is a good move, don't worry about HP Fire, EP hits harder for regular Steel types, which is what this thing will be facing. I like it now that I realize it's purpose, not bad. I'll throw support behind two sets if it comes to that. But with Nosepass, I suspect it won't.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nosepass   [Finished] Nosepass EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:19 pm

I don't think it deserves 2 sets too. I updated the trapper set anyway with hp fire since it makes sense to have it for those which are unaffected/neutral to earth power.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nosepass   [Finished] Nosepass EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:23 pm

ed819 wrote:
I don't think it deserves 2 sets too. I updated the trapper set anyway with hp fire since it makes sense to have it for those which are unaffected/neutral to earth power.

Sounds fair... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nosepass   [Finished] Nosepass EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Ok. I'm gonna start breeding the defensive set.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nosepass   [Finished] Nosepass EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 7:09 am

This is finished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Nosepass   [Finished] Nosepass Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Nosepass
Page 1 of 1