cmzoid
bash678
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ugotmybeef
Breeder
ugotmybeef

[Finished] Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Sylveon   [Finished] Sylveon EmptyMon May 26, 2014 5:09 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : SubCM or Offensive CM
Ability: anticipation
Nature: bold or modest
Item: leftovers for bold, life orb for modest
IV spread: 31/X/31/30/30/31
Hidden Power: HP Ground
Egg Moves:
-Wish
-yawn
-baton pass
-stored power

Set 2 : Wish Passer
Ability: run away or adaptability (becomes cute charm)
Nature: bold
Item: leftovers
IV spread: 31/X/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power:
Egg Moves:
-Wish
-yawn
-baton pass
-stored power

It's fairly hard to describe Sylveon when you're breeding an Eevee.  With 110 Special attack and very good bulk on special defence, it's esentially a tank.  Running a bold nature and investing your EVs there just makes it harder to knock down as it doesn't need much more on SpD.  With 110 special attack, Sylveon can also be a solid special attacker as well when running a modest nature.  Hidden power grounds provides solid coverage against it's weaknesses as well as hitting fire, electric and rock types.  

2nd set is common among wish passers.  Baton Pass allows Sylveon to function as a defensive pivot. Running a bold nature and having EV's invested into Defense maximize Sylveon's bulk.  Learns moonblast at lv.37, and running toxic and protect allows it to staal if needed.  

-I have a female bold natured hidden power ground already done from an earlier project.  Also hatched it shiny if people want me to put that in.  If people want modest natured or just a simple bold set, I can do that too.  I set up a poll and this thread will be open for discussion.

Last edited by ugotmybeef on Thu May 29, 2014 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sylveon   [Finished] Sylveon EmptyMon May 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Isn't it better to have cute charm too for the CM sets? What attack will you be using with pixilate that will hit harder than STAB moonblast?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sylveon   [Finished] Sylveon EmptyMon May 26, 2014 8:53 pm

I'm fine with keeping Pixilate to anticipate move tutors :-P

I vote one modest set and one defensive. I've used calm to great success, just Since trying to cover both defenses ends up making you take hits worse on each side. But both are viable. And specs Sylveon his like a dang truck, even without hyper voice.

And I'm actually serious about leaving Pixilate on here, the tutors have to be coming (at least with pokemon Z), and if we're getting an hp ground, that's just a great set.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sylveon   [Finished] Sylveon EmptyMon May 26, 2014 9:28 pm

I vote for two sets too: an offensive and a defensive one. Pixilate may not see much use for Sylveon now but those tutor moves will certainly come at one point (maybe in ORAS?).
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sylveon   [Finished] Sylveon EmptyMon May 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Yeah, I mean, cute charm is a 30 percent chance to hit 50 percent of pokemon and make them hit 50 percent of the time. The potential usefulness of Pixilate I believe outweighs the current usefulness of cute charm.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sylveon   [Finished] Sylveon EmptyMon May 26, 2014 9:40 pm

bash678 wrote:
I vote for two sets too: an offensive and a defensive one. Pixilate may not see much use for Sylveon now but those tutor moves will certainly come at one point (maybe in ORAS?).

I agree, 2 sets gets my vote too.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sylveon   [Finished] Sylveon EmptyMon May 26, 2014 9:45 pm

I vote for 2 sets too.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sylveon   [Finished] Sylveon EmptyMon May 26, 2014 11:17 pm

Eevee learns Baton Pass by leveling up so you could get another egg move.

And yeah, one bold set and one modest set seems like the way to grow. Only the modest set needs HP ground though, I think the bold set doesn't need hidden power. And I would most definitely go with the HA for the modest set but I don't care which ability is picked for the bold set.
Back to top Go down
ugotmybeef
Breeder
ugotmybeef

[Finished] Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sylveon   [Finished] Sylveon EmptyMon May 26, 2014 11:54 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Eevee learns Baton Pass by leveling up so you could get another egg move.

And yeah, one bold set and one modest set seems like the way to grow.  Only the modest set needs HP ground though, I think the bold set doesn't need hidden power. And I would most definitely go with the HA for the modest set but I don't care which ability is picked for the bold set.

I figured that most people usually evolve their Eevees by the time they get to the level needed for baton pass.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sylveon   [Finished] Sylveon EmptyTue May 27, 2014 9:46 am

I'm fine with baton pass, I don't think any other egg move is worth breeding on Sylveon. It's just everytime I put a useful egg move in my sets that is also a level-up move, people rush in and force me to replace it with some other useless egg move, so I figured it was a thing... >.>
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sylveon   [Finished] Sylveon EmptyTue May 27, 2014 9:51 am

I actually like baton pass as an egg move here, just so you can go back after evolution and relearn it if you want.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sylveon   [Finished] Sylveon EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:53 am

Baton Pass should stay on almost every Eeveelution. That way you can always relearn it whenever you need to as every one has something worth Baton Passing. Usually nothing good for the 4th slot anyways.
Back to top Go down
ugotmybeef
Breeder
ugotmybeef

[Finished] Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sylveon   [Finished] Sylveon EmptyThu May 29, 2014 11:50 pm

1st set I already had so it was done, and I finished the 2nd set right now.

1) bold HP Ground female Sylveon (eevee)-31/31/31/30/30/31
2) modest HP Ground female Sylveon (eevee)-31/x/31/30/30/31
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Sylveon Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sylveon   [Finished] Sylveon Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Sylveon
Page 1 of 1